View previous topicGo downView next topic
View user profile

Bloody Matiz

on Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:30 pm
Battery dead at the weekend - jump started off the Jag - drove 20ish miles in 3rd - home - switched off - stated OK.

Monday - flat again - jumped it this morning and same 20ish miles - home..off and on OK..left it an hour.

Started OK but BATTERY light AND Brake System kights on - drove quickly home and switched of and on - started reluctantly - switched off - tried again and dash lights faded -dead again.

Battery was fitted new Feb 1st - new Duracell 5 year guarantee - hoping to drive to my Matiz man in the morning...

Andi - I wish you lived in Essex - but bet YOU don't!

VFC

PS - Just in case - I removed the boot light and interior bulbs in case they were leaking - why the Brake warning comes on I have no idea...the metal collection binmen come next Tuesday...just saying...
View user profile

Re: Bloody Matiz

on Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:17 pm
Andi would never live there - he's far too posh!
View user profile

on Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:55 pm
His Range Rover would fit in nicely in Essex .... just needs to paint it white !!!
View user profile

on Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:01 pm
Matt, I have a feeling your Matiz may have a very similar problem to the P38 in that the P38 has a BECM, or a Body Electronic Control Module. This system had an inherent fault that it needs to be in a sleep mode until it receives a signal from the key remote plip. This particular frequency wakes the BECM and unlocks the doors.

The problem was, the frequency used is very common in households such as WiFi, video senders and even wireless camera's.

So, the BECM can be wakened pretty much all the time. So, your cars electrics end up drawing a good few amps, which is like leaving the headlamps on overnight.

I would see if this is the case on your car. Either that or the alternator has a faulty diode (did I not mention this before??)

Anhoo, good luck with finding the problem.
View user profile

on Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:16 pm
Thanks Andy

RAC man diagnosed alternator knackered - off on tow to auto electrician - he tried to find a new one locally but no joy - looks like £250 is + labour.

Staying in at the weekend!!!

VFC

PS - Electrician just told me he got a new alternator for around £150 - great news...RAC man told me his sources (RAC) were expensive as only original manufacturers parts are specified.
View user profile

on Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:45 pm
Conclusion (I hope)

Just picked up the Chevrolet* - breakdown of bill;

Testing and dismantling alternator - charging battery overnight - supply and fit new alternator - replacing battery and testing system.

New alternator £126-00
Labour 1.5 hours £72
Total £198
VAT £39-60
Total £237-60.

RAC man told me the part was £250ish on his system...now calling the car Chevrolet as it's working - Bloody Matiz when it won't start!!!

VFC
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum