View user profile

2011 Nissan 370z Roadster

on Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:19 pm
the toss up was:

Porsche Gayman/Poxster
BMW 35i
and the 370Z

the realisation was:
Porsche Gayman/Poxster had the ability to drain my bank account at the age i could afford
the BMW35i didn't have encouraging reviews and was very compact on the inside

drove over to Oxfordshire to test drive with the intention of walking away and thinking it over.

pfft, yeah right.

looks:
Ok, i admit, its not as good looking as the coupe and the arse is a bit fat, the front end is a bit boring, but the back haunches stick out like a bastard.....and those 19" deep dish Rays What a Face

huge baked bean can exhausts poke out either side of the arse and its a menacing stance low down.

Interior:
half leather electric seats which are not only heated, but cooled too and really comfy for sport seats, dash consists of a touch screen sat nav and bose set up with dash/door and subs (VERY good).

dash and dials are functional, rpm in the middle, you know, like what sports cars is and stuff. oil temp guage, batt gauge, clock etc but most of the info is displayed on the screen anyway - for a 6 year old car, this is pretty high tech gadget wise - it has a jukebox hard drive for storing your audio on too, although i use BT as its easy.

Performance:
The single most important thing as i wanted a car that shifted....and fark me it doesn't disappoint. I told myself that my next car was going to be an auto - a manual was NOT on the list. the Z has a flappy paddle semi auto 8 speed box (7F/1R) and whilst not in the league of Ferrari changes, its pretty quick...in fact, quick enough and a perfect match for the engine/power.

obviously i am yet to get the standing-start in manual mode out of my system, but don't seem to be able to at the moment, its unbelievably addictive - but you have to imagine a near 4 litre V6 screaming at 8000rpm whilst puling you back in your seat is'nt something any normal car-lover can ever get bored of.

0-60, depending on what spec sheet you read is around mid 5 seconds with 330hp on tap....it really flies, but its not that surging turbo affair, its just power, power, power, power, power, ok 8k...change - i absolutely love it.

Handling:
well, its me...i'm not a formula one driver, i'm a middle aged grey bearded fat ass, i love the straight line pull, but i havent braved the corners.....i pulled away sharpish on a bend the other day and flicked it in to 2nd which kicked the back end out a smidge, but thankfully the traction took care of it.

the bad bits:
£500 a year RFL, 20mpg, £650 a year insurance for something that will cover less than 5000 miles and with one lady owner, a selection of scratches from no doubt shit parking skills (it has no parking sensors!) - BUT.....Full nissan service history, every invoice for every minor piece of work etc.

but the positives outweigh the negatives, so who cares?....I finally got the roof down this weekend.....which amiplies that soundtrack....aagggh, its just so addictive, didn't want to get out knowing that it will be a whole week before i got to play again - haven't had that feeling for a loooonnnnng time!

Verdict:
Amazing, love it, perfect in every way and exactly what i was looking for.....i would actually consider a newer one in a year or two....i never do that with any car
View user profile

Re: 2011 Nissan 370z Roadster

on Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:26 am

I think you chose the car with the biggest balls. :-)

View user profile

on Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:04 pm
Sounds great! Enjoy...
View user profile

on Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:36 pm
Sounds great .... I need this motoring excitement in my life ... and for me I'm looking for 2 things .... power and noise ....
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum