View user profile

Re: Taking the Jeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaag. ...

on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:42 am
I just love my Frenchies.
View user profile

on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:34 pm
hugh121 wrote:
MegaCrixel wrote:French cars are great for not rusting. I've had manu and I don't think any of them have been rusty. Fords,  however. ....

Only because they break down before they have time to rust!

Here's a thing, we bought her indoors C4 SX about 5 or so years ago. Now it has the manual box with auto clutch, and they are known to crap out... BUT, it hasn't so far and that is pretty astonishing.

Also, they are known for busting turbo's, but again, we've been lucky. Mind you, that is because I change the oil regularly with decent low ash oil and it gets a regular beating...ermm, I mean heating Laughing

Failed it's 1st mot since we got it (well technically, it was still ok under it's previous test, but I put it in early) and that was on simple stuff, tyres, brake pads low, cv boots lost their clips and advised on a track rod end. Did the lot and she passed.

The 06 plate has 106,000 miles on it. Bit gutted that wife's car is almost identical apart from hers has an automatic clutch Evil or Very Mad and mine has a clutch pedal, but she's 30 quid a year tax and mine is 115 quid a year. Bastards!
Admin
View user profile

on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:55 pm
I need you to use it Andoo and report back with your maximum mpg over a long drive. On paper it's not quite as economical as the semi auto one but I think it will be in practice.
Admin
View user profile

on Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:46 pm
manual box with no clutch?.....explain!
View user profile

on Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:49 pm
Spot wrote:manual box with no clutch?.....explain!

http://www.citroenet.org.uk/passenger-cars/psa/c4/c4-data/c4-10.html
Admin
View user profile

on Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:10 pm
IMO....not the best. You can adapt your driving style to help but IME they are not a particularly nice gearbox to use. Certainly much less smooth than a normal autobox.

Andoo, if you disagree and want to kick my head in.....BRING IT.
View user profile

on Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:23 pm
Ha ha ha, I do like it for not having a clutch pedal, but while the paddles are easy to use, I find the delay horrendous!

The SAAAAAB, you could keep your foot flat to the board, max rpm, press the button and the gear was in and off you went.

The C4, you actually take you foot of DURING the press of the paddle, so the time it takes to take it off and put it back down, it's got the gear in place and your off. In the grand scheme of things, it's not a huge delay, no more so than using a pedal and gear stick, but as an auto, it's irritating.

That said, the car is quick. Not blisteringly so, but you can hold your line on a bend and floor it, safe in the knowledge she'll grip the road and get you round safely.

Spot will tell you, Thurso to Inversmell takes a bit of time.

One night, in thick fog, I left the hotel around 01:10, drove at 40mph for almost 30 miles in fog. But it cleared at the Berridales and I was off like a scalded rat. Top speed around 120mph I should think, but the road holding was astounding!! I was home in my bed by 03:15.

Distance from the hotel to my hoose 112 miles.

Do the math Crix Cool
Admin
View user profile

on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:03 pm
i just went out for a 'spirited country spank' in the 370, i let everything warm up, got to a empty piece of road and put it in to full flappy paddle mode - boy it was it fun with hardly any lag on the gear changes
Admin
View user profile

on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:30 pm
Spot.....first you got the convertible instead of the coupe...and now you tell me it's the auto?!!!?!?! WTF! !!!
View user profile

on Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:00 pm
MegaCrixel wrote:Spot.....first you got the convertible instead of the coupe...and now you tell me it's the auto?!!!?!?! WTF! !!!

Laughing

** Coughs ** gay ** coughs **

Laughing
Admin
View user profile

on Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:22 pm
Bloody bent wanker!!!!

*gets into manly dark green Megane 1.4)
View user profile

on Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:04 pm
MegaCrixel wrote:Bloody bent wanker!!!!

*gets into manly dark green Megane 1.4)

*Looks at the gangly skinny bloke shouting at a fat bloke miles doon the road & laughs while getting into a made in Britain 4x4...*

Wink

Laughing
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum