View previous topicGo downView next topic
Admin
View user profile

Andoo Love

on Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:58 am
We need to send Andoo some love. He's having a bit of a time of things at the minute with his injuries etc and other setbacks.

Lets send him some positive thoughts below, please (if you want to, no pressure)
View user profile

Re: Andoo Love

on Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:04 pm
Never met him personally but got a lot of respect for the guy - he seems to have a wealth of knowledge of cars and mechanicals, works his arse off for his family, seemingly doesn't let setbacks get in his way and has a positive outlook on things. Can't fault that!! Smile
View user profile

on Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:18 pm
Indeed Andi does have a lot of energy for life and really a lot of knowledge about cars.

I do hope he gets better soon. I don't know the solution, only time will heal I feel in his case.

View user profile

on Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:30 pm
Keep ya chin up Andoo!

View user profile

on Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:40 pm
Andoo's a trooper ...

Not one of them crappy 4 wheel drive Isuzu Troopers, more like a storm trooper.

He's the guy that always has his chin up, and tackles things with a can do attitude.

So, I'll miss him.

What? ... he's not gone gone ....

Oh, I see - he's alright then I guess ....

It's against the law to fully appreciate anyone until they've gone ....

Andoo - here's to many many more years of giving Andoo a hard time - but remember it's only because it's the law to.
Admin
View user profile

on Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:52 pm
Thanks, Andoo is appreciative of the kind words.
I think the severity of situation regarding his injuries has hit him (for want of a better phrase) as he realises it's probably going to take quite some time to get back to full strength.
I've had my fallings out with him in the past but having met him know he's a really decent, kind hearted bloke who really wants to do the best he can for his family etc. I don't agree with some of his views but when you look past that, hes a gem.
Still a complete caaahnt, mind.
View user profile

on Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:35 pm
If the world had more Andi's there would be a shit load more road rage BUT they'd help you fix the windscreen after
View user profile

on Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:03 pm
He's a top bloke. Love ya, hug ya, squeeze ya!

Get back on here when you're ready.

Chin chin

View user profile

on Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:58 am
Andoo, lovely genuine guy. couldn't do enough for us when i met him with Pants and Jock up at Spots and then with Roo and Steve and Ron.

Still have the videos of that night in Spots other pub where we went for that meal. You reading this Andoo? cracking night that was - gang of guys booked into a restaurant with.... a hen party !!!
View user profile

on Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:45 pm
Still here Pal - from your day one on the old Parkers...

VFC
Admin
View user profile

on Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:04 am
Ive passed comments on, very much appreciated chaps Smile
Admin
View user profile

on Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:07 am
pass this one on too

its probably a really bad time to admit this, but i've been plugging Ruta....i know i know...i'm sorry, its true, she just loves the English sausage

Love Spot
Admin
View user profile

on Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:10 am
Spot.....this was NOT a good time to post such a thing! I will certainly not be passing that info on!

*passes info on*
Admin
View user profile

on Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:10 am
no worries, i'll txt him instead
Admin
View user profile

on Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:45 am
Someone didn't read my full post didn't someone!
View user profile

on Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:16 pm
Crumbs, I hope my funeral has this much love! Shocked

Not in the best of moods most days after being back & forth to my doctor and being, for want of a better word, ignored!

Turns out I am suffering PTSD which caused a panic attack or two. Not the best night out I ever had Crying or Very sad

Also, I have been back & forth to the same doctor about my shoulder/arm, which is hurting like a hurty thing on a London bridge....perhaps uncalled for, but when you have been in pain for may months and no cunt taking you on, you get to be a bit desperate as I am sure my fellow Scot will agree...

Turns out, the lump on my shoulder is a part of a muscle that has been ripped off from my arm and the pain is, well, sometimes excruciating (night time mostly) and sometimes really effing sore.

Anyhoo, waiting for a consult for an op. Can't see the surgeon until 13th July, so just another few weeks of agony to endure. I told them months ago I was in pain Neutral Why can't they just listen to the patient who lives in his/her own body and think, "Hmmm, suffered catastrophic injuries when a 2 tonne gate fell on them. Perhaps they have further (previously ignored) injuries Mad

Small wonder I am even more a a cunt than normal.... But Spot still shouldn't have bought the Oxo Rolling Eyes
View user profile

on Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:24 pm
The Seatch Eggeo - lol

Dude, feel for you - never been one to enjoy pain
View user profile

on Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:45 am
Thanks Lorrs, I can't sleep pretty much any night unless I have half a bottle of Scotch and a pain killer (they just don't work on their own). This also has the fortunate side effect of lulling the mares which range from the downright frightening to the absolutely ridiculous! I may share some day....

I can't always sink spirits if I know I'm driving next day for obvious reasons, so the pain & mares haunt me like a feckin fox chased by May's mates.

Right now, the lump has doubled in size since my scan, but the Spanish chemist was good enough to size up my problem immediately and told me in no short order I need an operation Rolling Eyes Been telling the UK medics that since about March. Can you imagine ripping part of your arm muscle off and having to live with it for months on end? I'd get better treatment if I was a cunting Syrian or a junkie if I'm honest....and we all know I tend to be that more than most Mad

Anyway, thank you for all the splendid words chaps, makes one feel a smidge better I love you
View user profile

on Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:30 am
Andi,

Have they tried Tramadol or Oramorph?

VFC
View user profile

on Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:06 am
Matt, I can't even get an appointment until 21st.... Mad

When I was in hospital after the accident, I had to tell the nurse SEVEN times oral morphine makes me puke!

All I have is paracetamol or Dihydrocoedine 30's which do no good really. It's like they aren't interested. Maybe I should wait until I collapse from the pain Question
View user profile

on Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:57 am
Andi,

Neither of these were any good for me - Tramadol is an opiate and is stronger than either of those.

i just came in from driving a mate to Hospital - while waiting I got a box of M+S chocolates and visited the ward I spent a week in - mostly new faces but I met Nick...night nurse who gave me Oramorph during one VERY painful night...it really saved me that night!

Ask about Tramadol or Naproxen - I am allergic to Naproxen but it is great stuff!

Hope you get sorted soon

VFC
View user profile

on Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:26 pm
Andi,

Discuss also with your Doctor - my GP gave me this for post operation pain a couple of years ago - I hesitated as I thought it was only an anti-depressant - it is also a major treatment for pain;

""The tricyclic antidepressants, such as amitriptyline, are the “gold standard” for neuropathic pain as they are the most effective and best-known drugs for this condition.  They can also be useful for chronic nociceptive pain, especially if there is a neuropathic component to it. They appear to work in the nervous system by reducing the nerve cell’s ability to re-absorb chemicals such as serotonin and noradrenaline. These chemicals are called neural transmitters. If they are not reabsorbed they accumulate outside the nerve cell and the result is suppression of pain messages in the spinal cord.""

Amitryptilene - not liable to cause dependence as far as I was advised - but check - does not mix well with VAT 69 though!

Great for getting a few hours sleep in my case - the drug - not the Popes phone number!

VFC

View user profile

on Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:44 pm
I think the Mrs was on Amitryptalin (sp) for a couple of years due to IBS and various issues...

She did struggle coming off those tablets and was warned of withdrawal symptoms at the time

Not as bad as coming off morphine (so I'm told)
View user profile

on Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:10 pm
Paul,

I think it depends a lot on the dosage - I was on 10mg and max 20mg for a short period - it did help with pain...but I also had Tramadol, Zapain and strong Ibuprofen...sometimes all three 4 times a day.

Hope your wife is over the problem now...and that Andi gets some relief...lack of sleep is a big deal when caused by pain...everything seems worse.

VFC
View user profile

on Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:29 pm
Hope you get some relief/improvement soon!

(Especially as hinted - drinking yourself to sleep or long term painkiller use isn't a great long term solution!)
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum