View previous topicGo downView next topic
Admin
View user profile

Rocketvan - MOVE

on Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:28 am
Drove our works pool van yesterday, we've had a few and i hadn't yet driven the current one.

It's a 2009 Peugeot Boxer hdi......i've driven a zillion of these over the years....my trouser department didn't alter.

Then i bloody drove it, it's a rocket! Without a doubt the fastest van i've driven, and faster than many of my cars.

A first i thought it was like....heavily remapped or something, i assumed it was the 2.2hdi as 99% of them are...turns out it's the 3.0hdi.

154bhp and 400Nm torque...it really shifts! Seriously, it was a case of....think of a speed and you're there.

Totally effortless!* it sat at 60 an 70 with absolutely zero effort, returned 35mpg too, which i thought was good (probably as engine isn't working hard when cruising)

Dodgy post, i know, but yeah.

I've since had a think back...and i've driven motorhomes with this engine...but they have been utter sluggards..must have weighed loads more.

So....beware the white van man in the 3.0 Peugeot Boxer / Citroen Relay...he (or she) is driving something considerably faster that yaoouw!)

* van was almost empty which probably helped.
View user profile

Re: Rocketvan - MOVE

on Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:09 am
One of them blew me off the road yesterday on my way home. To be fair I was coming to my exit so I was slowing down. Big too right.

Admin
View user profile

on Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:44 am
Something about being blown off when he was coming and it was big?

;p

Yes, this is a LWB version so quite big.
View user profile

on Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:28 pm
Kind of explains something I had about a month ago...traffic lights, me on the inside lane, up comes white van man on outside lane, road ahead goes into ONE lane after lights.

I was in Sport setting...notched the J gate to 3...lights changed and white van man almost squeezed me as I went for safety from the inside lane...the van was MOVING!

Got ahead with my foot down and had him up my bumper until A12 dual carriageway- he was doing over 80 to pass me and to make a point he sprayed his washers when ahead of me...

A plonker...a fast plonker...but still came second from the lights...

But the van WAS a surprise !

VFC

Admin
View user profile

on Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:35 pm
that spraying the washers ahead of you.....its a reaaaaaaallllllly stupid thing to do isn't it, its like

'oh, i dont like this person behind me, i will punish them with tiny sprinkles of water'

utter twats
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum