View previous topicGo downView next topic
Admin
View user profile

New Citroen C3

on Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:19 am
Review coming this morning.

Quite a few shows on at moment hence the recent increase in drives.
Admin
View user profile

Re: New Citroen C3

on Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:32 pm
Review didn't come this morning as i've been very busy all day.

So here it is.

2017 17 Citroen C3 Flair 1.2 110

New C3 looks good IMO. This is the top'o the range version.

Inside - it's like...i can see what citroen are doing (as they did with the Cactus) - they are keeping the odd plush-y bit on the most touched parts...handles etc...but the actual main materials used inside are pretty basic and cheap. Profit margin must still be goodish.
VERY lots of adjustment on the seats and wheel. Like....how much? I'm 6ft 2...so i'm used to putting seats on their lowest positions. But....putting this down to it's lowest position.....was way too low! And sliding the seat all the way back....was way too far back! For my legs!! Crazy!

Anyway, this must be seen as a good thing as with vast amounts of adjustment from the seats and wheel, a comfortable position is easy to find. The seat is also quite nice. Not amazingly supportive..but a big step on from som citroens of late.

The dash is very simple (minimalist....or basic??!!) with the large touch screen handling the majority of controls.

The gearchange is sadly..quite similar to general PSA 'normal' stuff...a bit slack and jiggly. Easy to use...but not satisfying. I also found my hand slipping off the knob end, due to it's slippery shape. Oo-er matron.

So, get underway....and it's impressive in certain ways. Considering this car has pretty big wheels (17")...the ride is extremely smooth and quiet. Very impressive.

The whole drive is very much more towards the smooth and comfy end, rather than the sporty end. As a result..it felt quite French (like they used to be)....and as a further result...i liked it ratherly.

Road and wind noise was also very low. Impressive.

The engine...i probably expected to be a bit quicker. It's a 1.2 turbo with 110ps and the car weights appros 1050kgs. I'll let if off 'cos it was almost new and will likely open up with a few thousand miles on the clock.
However! The engine was very sweet indeed to use. Again, i was impressed. It' doesn't go that well below 2.5k but once underway, it pull well, and develops a LOVELY muter 3 cyl growl. Quite addictive and made me want to work the engine hard.

The mpg was in showing was 42ish after a 10 mile drive. Not amazing.....(especially as i was stuck at 45mph for about half of that) However, again will maybe improve with use.

So, to drive, i was impressed.

Less impressive - the front may be very roomy...but the back wasn't enough, for me. Disappointing as the C3 is now not a particularly small car.
The comfy factor meant that it well...isn't sporty to drive. Not saying it couldn't be fun...but the emphasis seems to be on comfy and quiet.
View user profile

on Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:02 pm
Anything like the Pug 208 to drive crisps?

I'm sure I had loads of 208's and 2008's a while back as hire cars... Fine for a short time but wouldn't wanted to have spent my money on one
Admin
View user profile

on Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:54 pm
I've not driven a 208 but I was very impressed with the 2008 I drove. 1.6 diesel. Very nice all round to drive and better than I was expecting. I also liked the interior. Nicer interior than in the C3.
Admin
View user profile

on Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:33 am
I've driven the car again and i dont think it's actually the 110 turbo. It's just not quick enough. I think it's the N/A 82ps.

If it is the 110 turbo...it needs a lot of loosening up. Im unable to confirm at the moment due to a lack of info on the car. Will need to use the vin. Or look in the engine bay for a fookin' turbo.
Admin
View user profile

on Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:36 am
I need to clarify. If it IS the 82ps...it goes pretty well for that...but like....it's pretty good for a N/A 82...but not good enough for a 110 turbo. I will find out as it's doing my nut in.

I'm sure it has a kind of turboey whistle going on. And 36mpg. So i need to find out.
Admin
View user profile

on Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:27 pm
I can confirm the vehicle is the 1.2 82PS version. In this respect, it goes quite well and isn't too slow.
The whoosy/whisltey noise when driving made me think it had a turbo...i dont know what that is in that case.

Took vehicle to another event today.
The engine is somewhat clattery and noisy at idle (from outside). It almost sounds like a quiet diesel. However, inside, and on the move, it's a very smooth and quiet engine to use.

I think the noise is down to the extreme verision of the fuel injection, or something? Someone will know.

It sounds like when an older engine goes tappety....but it's not that.

I also drove a 2017 17 Mitsubishi L200 today, comfy and big. Tough. 40mpg too, on the display, which was decent.
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum