View previous topicGo downView next topic
View user profile

took one up the arse yesterday

on Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:09 pm
Driving back from a meet on a construction project in Manchester yesterday i thought i'd go "over the top" past hollingworth lake and the woodhead pass, it is (according to the sat nav) 12 miles shorter but 15 minutes longer, that got extended by a bottleneck and a dick in a van, but it is normally a beautiful drive..

Short tale is i got shunted up the backside. Car +1 in front slowed down to turn right so we all queued, then the car in front took the next right which was only about 40-50 yards further I accelerated then slowed for this next right turner but the dick behind didnt.

I reckon it was no more than 15 mph but shit it went with a bang,

There is a black marked crease across the width of the lower bumper and a few chips out of the plastic and a cracked reflector. I couldn't believe the lack of damage.

blokes said just let him know and he'll pay cash. I reckon i would have said the same if it had been me it looks so minor.

I reckon it was only because he hit me square.

What was funny was although i was a bit shook up, Mr van man was shaking like a shitting dog, I had to ask him if he was ok!
Admin
View user profile

Re: took one up the arse yesterday

on Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:35 pm
what an arse!.....be careful of the 'pay cash mate'....especially if your neck starts hurting
View user profile

on Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:43 pm
It's the unseen damage that adds up - plastic bounces - the metal impact bars don't
View user profile

on Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:47 pm
Lucky you didn't set off the fuel shut off or airbags. It may have been less than 10mph in actual fact.

Get the bumper "cover" off and check the actual bumper and rear section. It will possibly be crumpled, but the van will have soaked up more of the damage due to the front's of most motors being crumple zones.

Get wires checked too in case some have been nipped.
View user profile

on Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:09 am
Thoughts i hadn't had there guys !! I reckon i'll just book it into my garage, after all being reasonable about it isn't compulsory is it?

cheers
View user profile

on Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:44 pm
We were on the Euro tunnel coming back from Disney in the Zafira GTI.

Anyway, about to get off, and start engines, and car behind is still in gear... whack !!

We tried to be friendly with it, but the garage checked - very little visual damage, but enough behind to cost £1000+ to repair. Had to go through insurance.

Either, do it properly and go through insurance, or take £500 cash and ignore it.

A proper job is likely to be £1000+
View user profile

on Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:30 pm

When someone side swiped the bumper on the Agila while parked I took the money (actually from the insurance rather than get it repaired). As I could live with the damage. When someone pulled out in front of me and ripped the number plate off I got it repaired in the body shop also by the insurance. My experience.

View user profile

on Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:31 pm
Either John C or Spot posted possibly my favourite joke on here a while ago...this post reminds me of it...

""She said if I switched off the bedroom light....................................should have let the bulb cool down"

There are Classics and classics...

VFC
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum