View previous topicGo downView next topic
View user profile

Le oohya bass...

on Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:57 pm
The Berlingerer failed it's mot on rot. Sills, pipes and some rotten rubber on the wishbones.

Easy fix.... Aye, not so much when you're feckin broken. So an hours welding took me about 4hrs.

Did one of the three brake pipes, then decided to call it a night. Lowered the jack and the rear suspension decided to collapse.

Was planning to break it, but now thinking of not! So, slight possibility of getting whole rear axle, but if not, will do the axle bearings meself.

No one does it up here, so if I get good at it I could possibly have a wee niche market.

Thoughts

Right now, I'm in agony after I possibly went too far on Saturday with the welding & brake pipe. Gutted, that is something I used to do for fun & hilarity.

I need a ramp.
Admin
View user profile

Re: Le oohya bass...

on Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:09 pm
Leave this one Doo. It's a job too far at the moment, i feel. Take it easy for a bit longer dude.
View user profile

on Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:46 pm
See surgeon tomorrow, but the notice they've paid me so far, I may as well see Sturgeon Rolling Eyes

At least we could bitch about shit Laughing Laughing

Seriously, I am in agony right now and the sun is shining so it's a great repair day.

It's spread up from my arm/shoulder to my neck, round to my shoulder and chest as well as all the way down to my thumb!

How can that be "nothing" to worry about??

If I could just get on with it I'd feel happier about shit in general. I just want to get back to work ffs Mad
View user profile

on Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:07 pm
Not breaking it after all..... I hate giving up on stuff!

So, got an axle for forty quid Cool

Managed, after hours of struggle, I ended up cutting the retaining nuts off with my grinder, to drop the old axle. Right now, am still a bit knackered, but enjoying peace & quiet as they are all off shopping, so I'm watching a flick before I go back out.

So I "will" have an old shed to tool about in soon and save hiking up the miles on gorgeous George Very Happy
View user profile

on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:38 am
Andi,

Last week in Menorca I had a lot of problems with Mary's laptop - everything was taken over by Microsoft or something - all was in Spanish.

Finally I thought I had fixed it - turned to Not parkers and saw your subject title above...

I swore like a trooper thinking it had also translated Parkers into Spanish - NO KIDDING!

Hope you get fixed soon Pal...

VFC
View user profile

Yesterday at 11:21 pm
Ha ha, sorry pal Laughing

You need help with language though, it was meant to be French Wink
View user profile

Today at 10:18 am

DESEO QUE SUS PROBLEMAS DE SALUD MEJORAN A MATE
View user profile

Today at 11:25 am
Gute Beeerung!

View user profile

Today at 8:11 pm
In my youth, there was a period when graffiti always ended with Ya Bas...all the gangs used it - most of the members carried cut throat razors - that's where "Stitch that Jimmy" originated

The Govan Toi graffiti would be Govan Toi ya bas - the Brigton Billy Boys -ya bas...many many gangs had their own names and reputations.

Mary and I used to frequent the Sans Souci in Glassford Street and Victor Scarface Russo was a regular - as were Pat Crerand and Jim Baxter.

No one ever discovered where ya bas came from - someone suggested it was from the Spanish language - hence my reaction to the post heading...

VFC
View user profile

Today at 8:32 pm
Just Googled some of it...

Tongland (gang area) - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tongland_(gang_area)
Tongland is a local nickname for the area of Calton, Glasgow controlled in the 1960s by a violent Scottish teenage gang called the Tongs. The Tongs financed ...

One of the funiest I saw in Govan was "Jobbies ya bass!"
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum