View previous topicGo downView next topic
View user profile

Another Three Months Off...

on Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:12 pm
Surgeon told me he's fairly certain my muscle isn't detached as such, but rather torn in half which is why I am in constant agony on the left arm/shoulder.

Seems no one thought to tell my bicep that half of it is broken, so it keeps trying to do it's job and that's where the pain lies. It's goes into spasm (cramp) and I end up near in tears.

The only fix is pain killers & physio so it soon forgets it's purpose & will wither while the rest of the muscle builds up to compensate.

So more pain to look forward to. But the added bonus being more cash thrown at me for pain and time off Rolling Eyes

I'd rather be complete and earning my crust if I'm honest Embarassed
View user profile

Re: Another Three Months Off...

on Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:18 pm
....oh, and he's "finally" sending me for a mister aye or in propah Engrish, MRI Laughing
View user profile

on Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:52 pm
I need an MRI find out what's wrong with my brain..

View user profile

on Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:04 pm
Hope it starts to improve Doo, it's been far too long!
View user profile

on Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:15 am
Paul123 wrote:Hope it starts to improve Doo, it's been far too long!

Thanks Paul, don't I know it Crying or Very sad

I've been playing with the Berlingererererer and I started on the back axle the other day. Took me hours to get it to drop off.

Today, I was at it for around 6hrs or so. I got one hub off (hub puller job), fixed this, swapped that, made up new brake pipes and whatnot.

I have the other side still to do, but this arm is shite Mad

I feel like a feckin seagull with a broken wing and a club foot!

Anyway, tomorrow am taking an older friend to Aberdeenshire to look at a Street Ka. It's highly likely he'll buy it so I'm taking the "A" frame to drag it home. I'm sure I'll get to take him out in it and hoon about until the eye surgeon gives him the all clear. If he does buy it, a review will be forthcoming.

Anyway, most painkillers make me sleep, but these ones keep me awake and give me a sore head! Shocked

So chaps, later and all that Smile
View user profile

on Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:25 am
In a weird way i've always liked the Street KA

Obviously I wouldn't buy one but if the wife owned one i'd drive it (as long as everyone knew it wasn't mine)
View user profile

on Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:18 pm
Sorry haven't been on, am knackered 24/7 due mostly to lack of sleep Neutral

Got physio soon, but can't imagine how forcing my aching limb will help the muscle die off Rolling Eyes

Anyway, JD bought the Street Ka for six fifty with a years test and a shed load of new fitted parts.

Test drive revealed a quick little number with straight line braking and everything working.

Towed it home on the "A" frame 100 miles and it was like simply having Spot on the back passenger seat rather than towing anything. George behaved impeccably as you'd expect, with no issues over the whole 209 mile round trip with AC blowing cold all the way.

Funny, I used more fuel going there over the mountains than I did coming back with the car being towed behind George Shocked

That's all. Berlingerer is still lingering, although I got the axle mostly fitted. Two bolts still to fit and two brake pipes to make. Last couple of days I have just felt lower than a snakes dick. Mostly sheer exhaustion through lack of sleep is all. Other than that I'm still a copper bottomed, ocean going, 5 star Cuuunnnt Embarassed
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum