View previous topicGo downView next topic
View user profile

Another Year gone...

on Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:21 am
Well, school broke up yesterday - the start of 6 weeks off. I've planned very little, other than a couple of nights away in Cardiff (not exactly far away!). I'm still looking into going for the drive, but first I'm getting the car sorted.

I can't believe how quickly the year has gone, and am now awaiting results day in August. Subject to moderation (we don't hear until results day) it looks like all my students gained a C grade or above - 1 C and the rest are A*-B. I would say that going into teaching at this time of life has worked for me. If anyone is considering it then DO IT!

Drinks in Bristol last night (I was on soft drinks) with the other staff was an eye opener!

View user profile

Re: Another Year gone...

on Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:48 am
Nice one Hugh

Going into teaching has always been a long term option for me, it really depends how things go over the next 10yrs

View user profile

on Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:30 pm
I was once a school teacher for just one lesson in a school in Japan. I ended up going in to the learning English class. I guy teaching could hardly speak English and he was the English teacher. But he could play the guitar.. He played yellow submarine and I was supposed to sing it, anyway I couldn't. So the children all helped. Something like that, it was a long time ago.

View user profile

on Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:21 pm
Ha ha Mogs, English teacher who couldn't speak English Laughing

It's a bit like those Nazi's in our local hospital who don't know how to nurse Mad

Scottish Government involved now and I'm expecting an apology.... More later.

Huge, well done mate Very Happy

Almost a year gone by for me! Was at physio the other day and the guy said he thinks I'm doing too much Shocked

I haven't done anything I would consider difficult! Nice guy though, helluva nice guy. Irish lad. Could show some of the women in that hospital how to be nice to patients Suspect
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum