View previous topicGo downView next topic
View user profile

Car issues ... and a little surprise

on Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:34 pm
Zafira has an engine mangement light on (my Mrs says)

So bets on whats wrong (22k miles and 4 years old), and bets on whether the lifetime warranty covers us??

BMW MOT time tomorrow - will it pass (12k miles and 4 years old)

Finally, a little surprise today - owned the BM 2 years and just found another power point in the car ... Really weird place - literally in the passenger footwell, pointing down effectively looking down from the glove box !!!

Anyone else found anything new after a long ownership?

Basil - does yours have this?? Freaking weird location - handy though.
View user profile

Re: Car issues ... and a little surprise

on Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:04 pm
Unburned fuel - give it an Italian tune up - Warranty is worse than useless from Vauxhall.

BM powerpoint - plug for analysis system?

VFC
View user profile

on Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:30 pm
Vauxhall fault code looks like Camshaft sensor ...

BMW - nope, cigarette lighter style
View user profile

on Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:49 pm
I'm wrong actually - front Lambda sensor - no signal??

Anyone think its just died, or something (wiring) could have been upset when someone recently drove in to the car
View user profile

on Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:44 pm
OK - so BMW passed MOT with flying colours.

BMW customer service was outstanding ... knew who I was when I walked through the door, both dropping off and collecting, good customer service, video BMW health check (no issues found), etc.

Got a Mini 5 door Cooper D with an auto box ... very good car - short video review to follow.

Tomorrow the Zafira goes in, and I'll be getting a Corsa loan car ... so another video review to follow - but less likely to be a glowing one.
View user profile

on Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:50 pm
Glad the BMW service is good. Jaguar main dealer service is NOT! I spoke to the Bristol dealers when my supercharger started to knock. I followed up my own call a few days later. They said they would need to speak to the parts department. Since then ......... nothing!!!! It's a competitive market; doesn't look good at all.

Mind you when I test drove the XF SV8 just before the launch, my friend expressed an interest. No follow up call then either!!!

Anyway glad the BMW did so well, fingers crossed on the Vauxhall.......
View user profile

on Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:48 am
New review in the reviews section.

VFC keep watching - little surprise in there for you ....

Enjoy
Admin
View user profile

on Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:18 am
when my boss crashed his 640d a month or two ago, the ambulance service was there in under 5 minutes,...he was still sat in the car wondering what the feck and how they got there without him ringing.........turns out the car rang them and gave them his GPS location

i fecking love technology
View user profile

on Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:18 am
Spot wrote:when my boss crashed his 640d a month or two ago, the ambulance service was there in under 5 minutes,...he was still sat in the car wondering what the feck and how they got there without him ringing.........turns out the car rang them and gave them his GPS location

i fecking love technology

When I had my accident, the 1st ambulance shot past, apparently someone else was more important... The second ambulance turned up with a nice wee woman and a horrible fat one. After they loaded me on board, it sat for 40 minutes and all my rescuers thought I was having a heart attack. Nah, turned out they were doing their paperwork! Shocked

Accident happened at 14:30, was on my own for about 12 mins. Loaded onto ambulance, assessed (1st resp had to give me morphine as fat bird couldn't for whatever reason) then the long long wait. Finally booked into A&E 16:17. The journey from the site to A&E took 12 minutes. I have to say the 1st responder was absolutely, without doubt, the best human being I ever met. His treatment of me and his manner was the best. The rest was so shite the Scottish Government are looking into it right now Evil or Very Mad

Anyway, that's a good idea, but wait until it's about 12 years old and some pikey has it walloping around the housing estates and hitting speed bumps, setting off the GPS thingy Rolling Eyes
View user profile

on Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:19 am
The engine management on the Zafira went out on the way to the garage this morning, I moved the car a few times the other day, and I suspect it kept cold starting the car - so the Vauxhall maintains its reliability record.
View user profile

on Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:27 am
LKsOK wrote:The engine management on the Zafira went out on the way to the garage this morning, I moved the car a few times the other day, and I suspect it kept cold starting the car - so the Vauxhall maintains its reliability record.

The cold starts will have caused a rich petrol mix to foul up the lambda. A good run always fixes it Wink
View user profile

on Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:29 pm
Yeah, mine has got it. I use it for my dashcam and run the cable up the pillar and under the headlining.
Admin
View user profile

on Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:36 am
i wired my dash cam into the 12v feed for the illuminated mirror on the sun visor, no ungainly trailing wires
View user profile

on Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:07 pm
You can't see any trailing wires on mine. They're all tucked behind the lining on the pillar and roof.
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum