View previous topicGo downView next topic
View user profile

PPI claim anyone?

on Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:08 pm
Hello again. Long time since I was last on here so I tbought I'd start with a question.
Has as anyone ever made a PPI claim themselves direct from the lender rather than through a 3rd party?
View user profile

Re: PPI claim anyone?

on Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:18 pm
Teeps wrote:Hello again. Long time since I was last on here so I tbought I'd start with a question.
Has as anyone ever made a PPI claim themselves direct from the lender rather than through a 3rd party?

I have made several from my self employed days and dating back to about 1995 in a couple of cases. All done myself and total reclaimed to date about £40,000.

If you want any advice, let me know...

Good to hear from you again!
View user profile

on Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:18 pm
Thanks Hugh.
I was just wondering what I need to say to justify my claim. I was never actually sold it, it was simply added to my credit card. When I noticed it I just assumed it was compulsory. It was only later that I realised that it was a sparate product but by then the card had long since been paid off and the account closed. My favourable terms of empmoyment have meant that I have never knowlingly taken out PPI because I simpmy don't have any need for it. My employer may piss me iff from time to time but if I get sick they pay me my full wage for a minimum of 6 months and then I have critical illness cover as part if my contract. If I was ever to die my wife eould get over £200,000 as well as 50% of my pension and should I be made redundant I'd get the equivalent if well over a years take home pay. In short I've never needed or wanted it. I was just wondering how hard they fight this sort of thing?
View user profile

on Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:43 pm
Teeps wrote:Thanks Hugh.
I was just wondering what I need to say to justify my claim. I was never actually sold it, it was simply added to my credit card. When I noticed it I just assumed it was compulsory. It was only later that I realised that it was a sparate product but by then the  card had long since been paid off and the account closed. My favourable terms of empmoyment have meant that I have never knowlingly taken out PPI because I simpmy don't have any need for it. My employer may piss me iff from time to time but if I get sick they pay me my full wage for a minimum of 6 months and then I have critical illness cover as part if my contract. If I was ever to die my wife eould get over £200,000 as well as 50% of my pension and should I be made redundant I'd get the equivalent if well over a years take home pay. In short I've never needed or wanted it. I was just wondering how hard they fight this sort of thing?

You have a good case, I think. The fact that it was added to your payments without being sold, and due to the fact that you thought it was a condition of the loan being offered. Do you have the original loan agreement?

The Financial Ombudsman has a standard claim form you can download. In my case PPI paid for my teacher training, the Jag XF SV8 (and the trade up to the XFR) and a slice to pay some to the taxman....

View user profile

on Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:49 pm
Sadly not. It was 1998 and financial records have long since been shredded. I was one of those "You've been pre appoved for a credit card" letters that were common 20 years back. I simply filled in a form, sent it back and my card was mailed to me. I didn't fill out a separate agreement for PPI and ftom what I can gather from the internet if anything there will have been a "tick if you don't want PPI" box.

Just submitted my online application for a refund.
View user profile

on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:46 pm
There have been recent changes - I understand that if commission rates weren't made known to you at the time of the loan, then you may be entitled to refund. Other claimants with the same products will possibly set a president in your case.

Good luck!
View user profile

on Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:09 pm
Enquired with Barclays and Santander too...
View user profile

on Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:43 pm
Got an email today. MBNA have accepted my claim and are going to pay me back what they charged me + interest. By the time HMRC have raped me I'll end up with about £500 in my pocket. Not bad for about 1 hours effort Smile
View user profile

on Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:12 pm
Teeps wrote:Got an email today. MBNA have accepted my claim and are going to pay me back what they charged me + interest. By the time HMRC have raped me I'll end up with about £500 in my pocket. Not bad for about 1 hours effort Smile

Told you it was easy!!
View user profile

on Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:13 pm
I don’t think I ever had it - but how easy is it to find out??
View user profile

on Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:18 pm
LKsOK wrote:I don’t think I ever had it - but how easy is it to find out??

You can just contact your old banks / card companies / mortgage companies...

Having old statements makes it easier, obviously.

View user profile

on Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:19 pm
As long as you know the companies you have had finance with in the past you can make an enquiry online. MBNA had an easy to fill out online form and they then got back to ma and told me which of my accounts I'd had PPI on. I then filled out an online claim form and waited, again on their website. It took about 2 weeks.
View user profile

on Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:01 pm
Teeps wrote:As long as you know the companies you have had finance with in the past you can make an enquiry online. MBNA had an easy to fill out online form and they then got back to ma and told me which of my accounts I'd had PPI on. I then filled out an online claim form and waited, again on their website. It took about 2 weeks.

Just done this - never really had that many loans or credit cards (with a balance on them), so not holding out much hope - but lets see.
View user profile

on Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:21 pm
Got the results back - zilcho !!
View user profile

on Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:35 pm
Never had a loan so no chance...from an ancient beggar joke;

Never a lender nor borrower be - Shakespeare

Bastard - D H Lawrence

Happy Birthday to me...
View user profile

on Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:41 pm
Got a letter from Santander. Another claim to put it...
Admin
View user profile

on Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:09 am
I looked through mine a while ago and nothing.
View user profile

on Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:29 pm
I applied for a couple and qualify for sod all back. Sad
View user profile

on Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:13 pm
For those who are not so certain - just in case you have a claim...

Find out how much you've spent on the so-called tampon tax - the VAT on sanitary products.

From the BBC News website

VFC

Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum