View previous topicGo downView next topic
View user profile

I Did It...

on Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:38 pm
Went from the wee UH125 Burgman to the AN650A Burgman (the "A" stands for executive...why not an "E"? Rolling Eyes  ).

Collecting on Saturday. Flying to Manchester, hiring a van from Arnie, driving to Wigan, they loading the bike for me and driving home where my mate Ronnie will allow me the use of his motorcycle ramp and his brawn to roll her out of the van. I can't wait bounce

All the toys, ABS, heated seats, heated grips, power folding mirrors, power adjustable screen and all that jazz. Not to mention "powwwwwweeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrr!" Very Happy

Last edited by Doo 1 on Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:42 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : cant get the damn photo to show!!!)
View user profile

Re: I Did It...

on Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:49 am
Blimey - you must be spending the same amount again on collecting it Laughing
View user profile

on Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:07 am
Hell no! Flight 62 quid, van hire is a bit more spensive than my usual because it's a bigger van than usual. But I asked for full collision/damage/screen/tyres, etc waiver.

But I think the time saved (1hr flight as opposed to 6hr drive there then same back) is worth WAY more than saving money hiring the van here (would be a bit cheaper, but one way hire they have to cover a bloke to collect it & take it back.... I know, my old boss does exactly this).

All in all, it's my 1st real adventure since my accident so gotta be done Cool
Admin
View user profile

on Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:31 am
I didn't realise you preferred the company of men?

will you be going to little moped meets with other men in leather?

this time next year, you'll be sporting an arsehole like an empty headlock
View user profile

on Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:46 pm
Actually, I prefer my own company as I don't put myself down nor shout at myself for no farking reason.

I have never ridden nor owned a "moped!" Such a machine has a motor and pedals. MoPed.

The motor is usually very under-powered so has help from pedals. Such machines were first bicycles and someone such as myself thought it would be great to add an engine.

My current bike, therefore is a motorbike and also known as a scooter, mainly due to it's ability (and those before it) to "scoot" around at speed. Basically, they were nimble and quick off the mark.

My new bike is what is known as a "super scooter" and such machines can be (and are) raced on the circuit. But don't tale my word, ask Google Wink

As for your last statement, it already is and well you know it Rolling Eyes

Laughing
View user profile

on Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:46 pm
Well done Andi,

I spent six days connected to intravenous drips last week - tried to take my shirt and sweater off first night and disconnected the canula somehow - spent a wee while washing the blood off both in the ward sink...then got tissues and washed the bathroom floor...only to notice later I had stood on the blood and walked it about a bit...more tissues...could hardly get up.

For reasons of beds I was in a ward with 3 lads who could not get out of bed too easily - so I did what I could for them when the tube was off - went to one old lad who was calling for tissues... got him a box...he then asked for a glass of milk...got a nurse to do this...next bed asked me to get him Steradent and milk...I got nurses to do both.

Third day the nurses asked if I wanted a uniform...it was a feckin' marvelous experience to be able to help people less able than me...one wee Dublin male nurse told me he was there because he left school too soon - I told him he did more for humanity in one nightshift than many peole do in a year!

Not the best of weeks for Mary travelling every day - you don't half get a new perspective on life in these conditions?

Take care mate - good to see you getting ahead again.

VFC

View user profile

on Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:07 pm
Thanks VFC, it's great that someone such as yourself always takes the time out to see to others regardless of how you are feeling.

I visit an old lad every week or two. Used to be a prominent news reader up here. Anyway, he gets bouts of depression so apparently I cheer him up.... I'm guessing it's coz he takes one look at my fatness and thanks ferk he's not in the same boat Laughing

There's a new lad on the scene, one who I managed to get into his superlocked Khan Range Rover after it sat for 5 months while he was in hospital.

Nice guy, bit screwed at the moment, so I am happy to pop round and nip his head. Besides, he has a SAAB 2.2 TiD for sale so I can let that bargain pass me by Cool

Might even sell it to Crix to make his Crixole crizzle, whateverthefuckthatmeans affraid

Anyway, finally got appointment for the pain clinic, mid November!!!! STILL no word from the other lot about my MRI results so could have cancer and not one of them would know nor care,so why should I Sleep

Managed to fix wife's car today, ABS sensor ripped clean out when the CV boot gave way to such an extent that the flapping rubber ripped the wire clean off the sensor! Mate & I never seen such a thing before scratch

Gotta go phone the brat...he's late coming home again....just for a change NOT!

Later all.
View user profile

on Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:45 pm
Hope you’re recovering VFC

I’d never seen one of these “super mopeds” on the road until this morning walking to work. I think he had farmed about with the exhaust because it was making a right racket (not in a good way either)
View user profile

on Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:37 am
Paul, "moped" is never used when describing any Burgman from the 50cc job upwards as NONE of them have pedals of any description, not even for gears or brakes!

Anyway, took mine for a run and OMFG! BEAST! Shocked I left it in full automatic mode, but even then it was in triple figures in seconds. Not bad for a bike weighing in at 265Kg unladen Suspect

I was mistaken, it does not have heated grips or seats, but it does have the rest of the toys and they work perfectly.

Apart from the scratches & broken indicator lens, she's otherwise superb, 23,267 miles on the clock with some tiny signs of average wear. The HUUUUGE top box is removable and can be carried (using the built in foldaway handle) like a suitcase Cool

All I need are side paniers to fit it and it will be perfect for long journeys bounce

Delighted like a kid at Christmas santa
View user profile

on Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:46 pm
I hope you’ve got it tied down - might be windy tonight
View user profile

on Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:43 pm
LKsOK wrote:I hope you’ve got it tied down - might be windy tonight

Jim, I could leave that bike in the middle of where that hurricane started and it wouldn't move, lol Laughing

It tips the scales at around 265Kg so I have to be careful to not tip it over or I'm fucked Shocked

It's been darker than a bearded bacon dodging virgin chasing 6 year old girl marrying caaahnt up here all day, but damp as opposed to wet and no wind worth speaking of, even now! Arrow

Last edited by Doo 1 on Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Coz I am a faaackin caaant innit?)
View user profile

on Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:00 am
Doo 1 wrote:

It tips the scales at around 265Kg so I have to be careful to not tip it over or I'm fucked Shocked

Sounds like what I was told when I had to look after Basil that night
View user profile

on Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:36 pm
LKsOK wrote:
Doo 1 wrote:

Sounds like what I was told when I had to look after Basil that night

Your sexual deviations are not my concern you perv!

You disgust me... Laughing
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum