View previous topicGo downView next topic
View user profile

Bike For Sale

on Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:20 pm
Spot need not apply since he prefers company of wimins & cats Laughing

Seriously, need to sell my wee Suzuki Burgman UH125. 875GBP ono.

It's done me proud, but I am only allowed to keep one so she has to go. Mot'd to July 2018 goes very well, electric start and all that, fuel injection, mad mpg and recently added Oxford heated hand grips to keep your paws toastie on a cold night.

Free delivery first 50 miles, after that you must pay. Apparently you can send it on a train or some bloke comes in a van and will deliver to your door!  Shocked

EDIT: getting fed up trying to get a feckin photo on this forum.... SPOOOOOOOOT.....
View user profile

Re: Bike For Sale

on Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:58 pm
What's the reg and miles ??

What's the history ?? **

** There is normally a story with you ... the bike started life as a food blender, but a friend was selling his bus drivers girlfriends best mates washing line, so you bought those two, and then happened to be at work, and a friend offered you an old pram, and a Suzuki sticker ... and few hours later, and a bit of bending, welding and sticky tape, and the bike was created.
View user profile

on Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:48 pm
Quiet day in the office, LK?!!!!
View user profile

on Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:55 pm
hugh121 wrote:Quiet day in the office, LK?!!!!

Got man flu - at work - but on a bit of a go slow, and not on external appointments today, and feeling sorry for myself Very Happy
View user profile

on Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:32 pm
LKsOK wrote:

Got man flu - at work - but on a bit of a go slow, and not on external appointments today, and feeling sorry for myself Very Happy

You need a nice heated seat on your drive home!
View user profile

on Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:08 pm
hugh121 wrote:
LKsOK wrote:

You need a nice heated seat on your drive home!

I’m currently in the 911 .... got it all week .... and do you know what I want ?

A Golf GTI .....

I love my music, and the stereo in the Porsche is rubbish, the clutch and steering are heavy, and it’s bumpy as Hull.

The ease, speed, music and refinement (and to some extent the character - i’d have the Tartan seats) ... of a Golf GTi is my current desire.

Should I ???
View user profile

on Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:20 pm
Errr - no. Dull and bland..... No better than the BMW M1.1 that you have!

You need something with character - through engine or styling etc etc. Maybe even a classic? 1980's Mercedes CL (before the bumpers went plastic)..... very classy.

View user profile

on Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:19 pm
Jaguar XKR ??
View user profile

on Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:47 pm
LKsOK wrote:Jaguar XKR ??

The most sensible thing you have EVER said!!

They are considerable more than the XFs. But choice of Hard / Soft top. Also pre 2008 have the 4.2 V8 - 5.0 there after. The Rs are 420 bhp (4.2L) or 510 (5L). Best value, probably the 5.0L Non R - performance similar to the supercharged 4.2.

This looks quite nice!!!

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201701121235063?make=JAGUAR&sort=price-asc&minimum-badge-engine-size=5.0&advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=bs217qa&model=XK&radius=1500&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&page=1
View user profile

on Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:04 pm
This is being sold by the chap I bought my XFR from. If you look he also has a nice 4.2 one too. He sorted out the Supercharger issue I had - doing it himself and honouring his obligations.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272867485378
View user profile

on Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:34 pm
LKsOK wrote:What's the reg and miles ??

What's the history ?? **

** There is normally a story with you ... the bike started life as a food blender, but a friend was selling his bus drivers girlfriends best mates washing line, so you bought those two, and then happened to be at work, and a friend offered you an old pram, and a Suzuki sticker ... and few hours later, and a bit of bending, welding and sticky tape, and the bike was created.

Ha ha ha, that made me laugh Laughing

There is a heap of receipts and old mot's (I think from day one) as well as most from me. I don't have the receipt for the Oxford heated grips, but they are obvious from their presence and "new-ness" by appearance and the fact they work spot on Wink

This bike is a 2007 and has 12k miles (and a bit) on the clock and is mint as far as starting & stopping is concerned. It is an auto with a top speed of 66mph.

The last bike I sold you LK, did you well and was in excellent condition. This little thing is ideal for the city, but here in the Highlands, one needs a somewhat larger beast.

At that price, it's a deal as it does at least 160 miles per tank (more if you ride it like Crix would) and the tank holds approx 10GBP.

Over to you...
View user profile

on Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:03 pm
What does one need licence wise to drive this beast??

I have a 1984 vintage paper car licence in pink and green with a blue biro scrawl on it indicating i went too fast in 2010
View user profile

on Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:43 pm
John c wrote:What does one need licence wise to drive this beast??

I have a 1984 vintage paper car licence in pink and green with a blue biro scrawl on it indicating i went too fast in 2010

You need to aquire a CBT in order to ride it with an "L" plate for two years. Then you need to re-sit. Or, go onto sit your big bike test and you can be like LK and me Wink

The CBT is ace. Usually a day course on how to ride safely. It costs 130GBP, but you will save that in fuel in a couple of months. Indeed, I saved hundreds of quids by not driving George with her thirsty V8 Cool
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum