View previous topicGo downView next topic
View user profile

Who Knows About Insurance Companies?

on Thu 26 Oct 2017 - 14:00
Y'awl know about my "incident" and 2 tonnes of hate...

So it's going to be a year on 29th Shocked

Been on the bones of my arse and slowly managing to get by, but only got some things because wife got a 12k loan to get us by.

Brief asked for a years wages, 25k, but they said no 10k because I was apparently DJ-ing Shocked Rolling Eyes Mad

Ill be honest, I went out with a mate a few times, and a couple of gigs I couldn't let anyone else do (they didn't "want" anyone else) so I paid a chap to carry the gear, a roadie if you will. Now they don't come cheap, after all a gig 60 miles away you have to load, drive, unload, set up, do 4hrs, pack away, drive home....

You get the idea. It's an 8hr day (night actually) so you have to pay a decent amount and those couple of gigs, I lost out. I was paid cash from helping a mate as the "guest DJ" and spent my time sat on my arse with my leg up. It was pretty painful to be honest and I wasn't too keen.

One night, right at the start of June, I went to the gig and was called by my mate telling me he couldn't make it Crying or Very sad I thought I would do the gig, after all, it was all seet up and I simply had to take my laptop out my bag & plug it in.

Easy!

No! I got going, but was all over the place. I couldn't speak on the mic, I couldn't line up a tune and the harder I tried, the worse it got until a punter gave me a hard time and left me a bit underwhelmed. I lost it. No, didn't go beat him up or calling him all the cunts... I burst into tears and cried my eyes out Crying or Very sad The manager of the place came up, saw me and gave me a hug asking what happened. I didn't know what to say to her as I didn't know?! She was a diamond. Absolutely brilliant about the whole thing. She called my mate, told him what happened and stuck by me.

I haven't been back since, but it turned out I'd had one of several panic attacks. Some big like that, some small where I freeze and wonder which way to turn. Some days I sit at home and cry over nothing and some days I go out and the first twat to piss me off will get both barrels (like the old, old me). My solicitor knows I have PTSD (he's dealt with many people over the years) but my doctor not interested (which is why he got binned & now got a fab lady doc) and told me (quote) "You need to look forward, not back!" which was the sum total of my mental help. I've been lucky to have a sense of humour and try to feel when I am getting low & do something positive (I think this is why wife "allowed" me the bigger bike. She saw me coming back home happy, the wee lad too).

Anyway, the insurance company "obviously" want to give me as little as possible. But I can't understand why they wouldn't give me a years wage as an interim payment seeing as how that's what I lost! Apparently, I have "wages" coming in! Ya think? I had 8 months of living off what was in my bank account & help from my wife. Then, and only then, when the money was all gone, would the govt help me. I got a whole 193 per month because I don't have a proper beard, am not married to an 8yo and don't get on my knees to speak to myself....

I got in from driving a few hours (auto, no clutch) and my ankle was blown up again as well as sore as... My ankle & leg where the screws are really nip as if they are being subjected to small shocks. My knee is sore, the fibula, which was twisted till it snapped never stops hurting, but in the background most days. Some days in stings like a basssss. But the real grinder is my left shoulder, where the muscle was ripped off my arm and inside my shoulder (kind of where the ball meets socket area) if I'm not on time with my painkillers, I can kiss the day goodbye. But at night, I am up at any hour or all hours in pain which actually brings tears. I read or watch TV or whatever. I don't recall the last time I had a whole nights sleep uninterrupted by pain.

I cant lift things with my left arm. I can't fix my car or any heavy work. I can do easy simple stuff that my son could do. I cant get socks on, I cant wash under my right arm using my left arm. I can't open jars anymore...I could go on, but I have to deal with this shit every day and it doesn't help my mood Embarassed Mad

So why would these bastards also want to rip my heart out? I will happily go to any medical doctor (not one who works for them, an independent obviously).

So, after all that, what advice would you give to get a real, proper, no bias to me or the insurance company, doctor to check over my body and give a true account of the mess I'm left with?
View user profile

Re: Who Knows About Insurance Companies?

on Thu 26 Oct 2017 - 14:14
A simple letter from your brief explaining what you have above should help. Your wife borrowed, so the interest on that should be factored in also - show a loan agreement for that. Present a simple 3 line account (no real details) for your DJ work - Income vs expenditure.

Don't give them too much detail, just the basic figures. Obviously your brief may or may not think this is necessary.

They are trying to save money on this interim payment........

View user profile

on Thu 26 Oct 2017 - 14:38
Get a better brief.

Personal injury claims should be settled within 6-9 months, clearly you are not in a position yet to look at the full claim as you are far from better, but any interim claim should at LEAST cover the loss of earnings so there should be no pissing about and possibly this is where the loss adjusters think they have an edge by reducing the amount as in their eyes you were capable of working.

As Hugh says, a simple couple of lines should clear that one up. But theyre relying on the "all claimants are liars" ethic. - which most are to some degree.
View user profile

on Thu 26 Oct 2017 - 14:43
The facts will be the key thing as Hugh says

Your legal rep should know exactly what can be claimed and I’d expect him / her to know exactly what to present to the insurance company

They’ll take into account ANY income but also ALL outgoings. Have they started to pull together loss of future income? The ongoing effect it has on your ability to drive, DJ, fix cars etc

Historic tax returns may or may not help your case...

EVERYTHING on t’internet is available to all with minimal effort. Anything you say / have saidcoild be used - be careful!

Keep going Doo I’m sure you’ll get it sorted
View user profile

on Thu 26 Oct 2017 - 16:31
I think the problem mostly lies with my accountant....whom I married Rolling Eyes

She hasn't lied or cheated, she's just rounded up or down so it's going to be difficult to pin an exact this or that.

That's all fine and good, but it was my fault for delaying starting the claim as I didn't like to think of being a cnut....

But the worst bit is the shoulder injury was mostly ignored and ignored.

Ok, see it this way. NORMALLY, in NORMAL hospitals, they see a fat bloke come in on a stretcher and listen to the ambulance driver/medic. But "I" somehow ended up with a RIGHT cow Evil or Very Mad 1st responder was epic! He was by the book, but all about me. When the 1st ambulance flashed past, he was on the case asking WTF? Turns out it was going to someone else (obviously more deserving). So he was keeping me going through my pain (he actually said he'd never seen someone in so much pain, as calm as I was. My rescuers said the same, they couldn't understand how I was sweating & tears rolling down my cheeks, yet I was instructing them on the exact adddress, how to operate the forklift, telling them to stay calm, etc Razz Chuck McNorris I am)

Anyhoo, the ambulance eventually arrived and this tiny little woman and Jabba the Mutt got out (you could hear the suspension groan). What a fukcing witch she was, seriously! Even in the ambulance, she wasn't happy that my BP was a little raised Mad I couldn't think how that happened? Maybe it was the TWO TONNES of FUKCING STEEL ON MY THAT DID THAT.... I said, in my head. Then she delayed and delayed giving me morphine until the 1st responder came back in and when he asked why hadn't she given it to me, she said, (quote) "I'm busy!" I saw a flash of anger but he told her he would do it. It got worse, she then sat for 40 minutes filling out paperwork rather than getting me to hospital! affraid

I got there two hours & five minutes after the accident. No one seemed to take into account I had been forced down, onto my left shoulder by 2 tonnes. They also ignored the hell out of my right ear which took the brunt of the gate as I had a bruise inside my ear, behind my ear and on my scalp where the ear & gate hit my head so NO cat scan. The whole experience has been shite from day one. I watch TV and see hospital or 999 programmes and they do primary and secondary. Not up here in hell though bom

So, the delay seems to be the shoulder. And it gets better.... I got an MRI, but no idea of the outcome as no one to read the pictures!!! I am on cocodamol 30/500mg x2 every four hrs, gabapentin 300mg for nerve pain and sleep is a distant memory.

If I was with BUPA, I'd have been repaired & back to work by now instead of relying on my wife & govt hand outs.

It's bad being fed up, but fed up & broke clown
View user profile

on Thu 26 Oct 2017 - 17:31
Pain looks like this:

View user profile

on Thu 26 Oct 2017 - 17:44
...and this:

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum