View previous topicGo downView next topic
View user profile

A car just becomes a car ...

on Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:11 pm
If ever there was proof that a car just becomes a car over time .... ie. don’t kill yourself to buy the best car you can, because after the first few weeks, it just becomes ‘your car’

The 911 has been on my drive for 2 weeks now ... and after the first few days - I went back to the Audi, and have not even thought about driving it !!!

Don’t get me wrong - every car guy needs a certain level of car ... but once past this point ... the return on investment fairly quickly falls away.

Maybe I should be renting it out - Smile
View user profile

Re: A car just becomes a car ...

on Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:14 pm
You do the wrong type of driving - 2 miles to work in London is never going to be an event.

Unless you can find a car where it makes you feel very special...

more so than a Porsche...

View user profile

on Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:27 pm
Fair point ....

View user profile

on Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:24 pm
I agree with LK to some extent. I think that the expectation frequently exceeds to reality in car ownership, especially if most of your driving is comuting.
View user profile

on Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:29 pm
A car is boring to me when it always works Laughing

I kinda love driving wife's C4 as it is really good on road holding. But the comfort is awful....

My car is super comfy, but thirsty.... I do, however, love my Suzuki Burgman scooter as it is freedom.

LK, you need my 125. Aberdeen bike dealer said I could ask 1200 quid all week long, but it would need to be immaculate. So, I would be assured a sale at 950 with the miles and the new Heated grips. Come up on the train and take it back on the train. I'll look after you for the night and let you rip round Loch Ness with me Wink

Anyway, yes, sell the Posrche to teeps for 1200 and come buy my bike Laughing
View user profile

on Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:39 pm

In truth it is the traffic that destroys it. There is a car in front, one behind, one beside and there is no escape. I would much rather drive the slow way, or even drive in the opposite direction to escape.

Admin
View user profile

on Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:49 am
although i think the burgerman, or whatever the hell its called, is a big girls moped........it would actually suit London to the ground......trouble is, LK cant exactly turn up to an 18 million pound 1 bed flat viewing on a Burgerman
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum