View previous topicGo downView next topic
View user profile

Mountian attempt.

on Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:04 pm

I was looking at the web cam today of Wildspitz https://wildspitz.roundshot.com/ and it was like summer up there above the clouds I'm living under. So after a morning sleep, some shopping work, I race out there.. I go the quickest route. So I go up. Ah no driving this route on a weekend never mind. Opp's they didn't plough this route. I'm in low range second just letting the engine tick over. Get through it take so long because I'm going too slowly. Finally to a farm I'm familiar with, there are some workers there looking at me.

Anyhoo get to the parking. Finally can make it up my favourite route. But it's really hard about 10 cm of snow and I never get out of the cloud in to the sunshine. So I go back to the car and drive back the way the Zuggy people want me to go all the roads clear..

I know the place they are going from. I intend to go there tomorrow and make it up the mountain. Probably today was harder.

View user profile

Re: Mountian attempt.

on Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:37 pm
You need a GoPro for these adventures Car
View user profile

on Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:41 pm
This ^^^^^^
View user profile

on Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:57 pm
Just cleaned my glasses - I thought it was ""Mounting attempt" Mogs...

Thought you had been trying to get your leg over.

VFC
View user profile

on Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:50 pm
Hehe thanks VFC. It's getting a bit like that. Anyhoo.. I managed my local mount over lunch time. So I'm feeling good.

https://uetliberg.roundshot.com/

Last edited by Mogs on Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : hehehe)
View user profile

on Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:04 pm
Had another chance to mount the Wildspitz. Failed again, incredible. I drove the same route it was plus 8 up there this time. The unploughed road was mostly broken up ice and mud much more passable than before, I went home that way too.

Any hoo I hammered up this hill and there as some guy ahead of me so I felt safe, there wasn't too much snow either. But then there are these rather large accumulations in hollows out of the sun and it's up above the knees even you try to follow the path of others.

I was catching him when I realized, he has all the kit. A rucksack probably full of safety equipment and crampons. I'm in a pair of workman style shoes I bought at lidl... ski poles, tea shirt and light jacket (phone back in the car).. it's hard going and if I fall I feel it would be tough.. So I go back to live another day. I meet 2 more hikers much better equipped than me they didn't bother even attempting to go as far as I had.

Anyhoo tomorrow, I make it to the south side of this mountain and try again. That's the plan.

Admin
View user profile

on Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:17 pm
Go for it Mogular!
Admin
View user profile

on Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:18 pm
Go for it Mogular!
View user profile

on Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:02 pm
Erm the next day my shoulders were really sore from all the ski pole action.

Anyhoo went around the south side today. There was a kind of layer of snow and ice on the usual road so I tried to provoke some wheel spin couldn't, fairly grippy snow that was. Any hoo the road said closed on it. So I went back to the other way up and went up. But the mist was coming down, 2 degrees C already at close to the bottom and I didn't feel so much like doing it after all I guess. Went back home.

Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum