View previous topicGo downView next topic
Admin
View user profile

2017 67 Citroen C1 1.0 Feel Edition 5dr

on Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:04 am
So yes.....after finding that my car had been totally locked in (thanks NOBODY for telling me) - considering i left exactly on time and couldn't get into compound, everyone else must have had a flyer (flier?) and all gates/barriers were locked.

So i ran back to mitsubishi, no cars available, went to citroen, no cars available (i NEEDED to go as i needed to take Daniel swimming asap!)

Then i saw the MD and asked and he produced from his pocket the key to the C1.

2017 67 1.0 Feel Edition (green - with stripes...black plastic wheel trims...crazy colour seats = it's not a looker!) 5dr.

But! What a car! Honestly! I hadn't driven one of these for a while, the last and only one was my cousins 65 plate one a long while back.

Like...you can tell that underneath it's the same-ish car as Lels 107 - but they've done a really good job in improving it all round.

They've made the throttle have all it's activity very close to the top - so initially the car feels much quicker - but when you are on the move, it's maybe not much different. I think it's quicker than Lels though, hers must have lost some horses over the years.

The thing that makes these so good is....you can feel the Toyotariness! It's cheap and basic...but the build is tight and strong. The C1 and C3 should feel like the same cars-ish...but the C1 feels MUCH closer to that Yaris i drove recently, (2012 1.33 T-Spirit)

Well this was very similar. Just a hoot!

They've improved several aspects compared to the previous generation. It feels a slightly bigger car (although i dont think it's much bigger really), it's more refined in terms of engine, wind, road, general noise etc. It's still a budget car, make no mistake...but like..it feels very well built. More so than a C3.

The interior is updaed with a touch screen and stuff like that. I'm still used to buttons and dials and you really do have to take your eyes off the road more with these.

The front seats are chunkier* and even a bit supportive! A nice place to sit, good, adjustable driving position. Plenty of adjustment on height and travel etc.

Anyway, cut to the chase, just had a great fun drive. It's like...more soft than the first generation so lacks that bit of 'go-kart' feel...but replaces it with more like...flowing composure? Actually composure isn't the right word as it's not composed really. A Ford would be a much sharper drive...it's just fun. The gearbox is EXCELLENT and very Toyotery.

So yes. Thoroughly enjoyed it! The engine is also very good. Like...its only a 1.0...and it has loooong gearing - but it can just about pull it off - it feels strong enough at all revs. It's not fast...but like...you can wind it up and make good progress. It also sounds GREAT when you work it. You get a nice amount "half a Porsche" rorty induction noise.

BUT!!! It's not all good news! Whilst the boot is BETTER and access to the boot is better (the tiny parcel shelf is attached to the hatch) - the new, improved chunkier front seats...have like.....had a negative effect on the rear legroom! I am able to sit behind Lel/myself (with some front adjustment) with a suprising amount of space in the 107. In the new C1 - the chunkier seats have like...definitely removed approx 2 inches of rear legroom! This is not good! It's still possible for me to sit in the back quite nicely...but do to that, i have to move the front seat forward a little bit more than i'd like. (athough it's still OK)Luckily the dashboard is still quite far forward on the passenger side, so the passenger seat can be positioned forward of the drivers which means adequate room for a rear facing child seat.

Lel also had a go and came back grinning 'yes, i'll take that thank you'. She really liked it.

The car reminded me however...how good a car that Yaris was. I'd never considered the current Yaris to be anything of interest...but out of all the cars i've driven in past few months...it's probably the one i was most impressed with.

The C1 shares some Toyotariness, definitely. But the Yaris was better again, i think.

Mpg average would rise above 50 after a couple of miles...but i did some performance stats last night in it...(or tried to) and the average was 34.7 after that.

View user profile

Re: 2017 67 Citroen C1 1.0 Feel Edition 5dr

on Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:39 pm
Terrible review ....

Nice and informative - but no NotParkers members were abused within the text!!!

4 our of 10

Must try harder Laughing
View user profile

on Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:01 pm
I guess because it's the touchy feely edition, Crix liked it so much.

View user profile

on Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:04 pm
Also why would the Citroen Feely edition be any different from the Toyota Touchy Edition. They are built in the same factory in Czech. Maybe there is a Citroen area of the factory putting on another more Feely edition suspension compared with the Toyota are of the Factory giving them a more touchy edition suspension.

View user profile

on Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:25 pm
They must be doing something right as there's enough of them on the road - my mother has the Peugeot version. Smile
Admin
View user profile

on Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:23 pm
Mogs - There is no Touchy Feely edition!

The editions are:

Touch
Feel
Flair

This one is strangely a Feel Edition - which is different to a normal Feel.

I think Peugeots trims are:

Access
Active
Allure

and I think Toyotas are:

X
X-Play
X-Pression
and other ones that i've forgotten.

I think the Aygo is the most neat design of the trio, the angular theme is consitent. However, it's got a smaller boot and tighter access due to a smaller tailgate.

But yeah....great thing to drive. Very similar now to the up!/Citigo/Mii trio but maybe in a more interesting package (if not quite as broadly 'good')
View user profile

on Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:53 pm
Can you get a feel x version ??
Admin
View user profile

on Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:08 pm
Negative!
View user profile

on Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:19 pm
Out of them. I think I would have the X-play. Shocked

View user profile

on Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:02 am
They really should make an X-travaganza, X-plicit and X-rated!!
View user profile

on Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:34 am
Just goes to show, a cheap car can be fun.
Admin
View user profile

on Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:14 am
Certainly can. I'm very much a small car fan.
View user profile

on Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:25 am
A Vauxhall Corsa courtesy car was one of the reasons I sold my BMW 5 series.
The Corsa C is one of those cars everyone loved to slag off but I remember driving a 1.2 SXI down a well known popular biker route after dropping .y 5 in for a service and having an absolute hoot. Not enough power to reach license losing speeds, light enough to chuck around and low enough limits tbat if you lost grip you wern't going too fast. You could drive the wheels off it and not have any heart stopping moments, unlike the 5 series which if you lost it you were in the hands of the DSC.

Don't get me wrong, the 5 series was a much better car but the fact that a small, cheap Corsa could be such fun did make me question the sense in running it. A car that did 26 mpg with a light rigjt foot, cost £600 to replace the tyres, cost me £1000 in servicing snd repairs over 12 months, required a litre of expensive oil every 1500 - 2000 miles and came with a host of potential wallet crippling issues to worry about.
View user profile

on Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:22 pm
For this reason I loved the Agila. I left it parked in the suburbs a couple of times in Germany and went on holiday. It was still there when I got back.

Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum