View previous topicGo downView next topic
Admin
View user profile

2010 10 Fiat Panda 1.1 Active Eco

on Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:24 am
Just a quickie. Me mams car, bringing it in for MOT.

In Summary

Sharp throttle response

Very refined and smooth engine, regardless of revs.

Even though the Panda is only 820/840kg....it's not speedy.

It goes alright if you work the engine hard but if you dont...you get left behind.

Nice snickety gearchange.

Mechanically, it's nice. Fiat do make good engines and this 1100 FIRE unit has been doing the rounds for years although i think it's been discontinued now a couple of years ago.

The Panda is small and narrow inside. It feels small. My shoulders just about rub against the B pillar and my left leg almost rubs against the dash. The seat is also too high and can't be lowered on this model.

In comparison, the 107, which can't be any/much bigger is wider inside with a better driving position.

But...the Panda does feel quite dated in some ways. There's quite a lot of road noise, the ride is unsettled and a bit bouncy and the car feels a bit unstable at 70mph.

It got up to 85-90 quite easily downhill though. Dont tell mam.
View user profile

Re: 2010 10 Fiat Panda 1.1 Active Eco

on Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:13 pm
My dad had one of these as their runabout - got it new in 2009 during the scrappage scheme (scrapped a knackered old inherited Metro). It was the basic white model they sold loads of (free colours were white or pale yellow I think). Yes, not quick - changed it for an i10 in 2013 which is a fair bit more pokey. The Panda is still in the family though, my step sister has it.
Admin
View user profile

on Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:34 pm
Yes, i think Fiat did a load of these on scrappage didnt they. I think they advertised them at £4995?

My mams is white too. Still only 28k miles on the clock. She likes it but i think she still prefers her previous car, a Ford Ka, which was £4999 brand new in 2003!

Ended up a bag of bolts and rust after a few years, as they all do.

Fiat seems much better built (Poland) and i've yet to see a rusty one, even from 2004ish when they were launched.
View user profile

on Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:23 pm

Brings back great memories those old Pandas.. although I've never driven one or ever been in one. I've seen them on the road and they are great... well of the Panda shapes my favourite.

Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum