Go down
View user profile

Feeling lucky!

on Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:51 pm

Yesterday I went to collect the car from a friend's house to find I had a puncture. The sidewall / tread has cracked all around the tyre! Overnight the air escaped. I feel rather lucky as just 2 miles earlier (and the day before) the car was driving down the M6/5 at speed!!!

There is much about failed Dunlops on Jaguars - I have messaged Dunlop and await a reply. Only about 3mm of tread left on tyre, but it's what could have happened that worries me!
View user profile

Re: Feeling lucky!

on Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:14 pm
How old are the tyres?

I change mine on age and sidewall condition rather than depth of tread or mileage run on them...

Lucky event as you say!

VFC

PS - If, as I think, the photo shows the date code the tyres only two years old!

Front or rear - nearside or offside - my tyre man tells me to take roundabouts more slowly???
View user profile

on Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:22 pm
Well, I'm the proud owner of 2 new front tyres. They are a well known problem with Dunlops on the Jags. Mine fell outside the date range on the bulletin, but were changed anyway - not least because they had failed completely! Dunlop change them for "cosmetic" reasons; didn't take much persuading the Dunlop people that this goes a little further than that! In fairness the dealership was very good.

The new ones were issued FOC, and I've just sent a very pissy email to Dunlop. At least my car is less dangerous than before, but still not happy...
View user profile

on Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:23 am

Here's a better photo of the offending tyre - showing the crack and the tread better than the above.

View user profile

on Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:04 am
That’s shocking

I did go through a lot of Michelin’s early this year and late last year on the TT. One of those was a sidewall failing, like you noticed when parked
View user profile

on Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:48 am
Paul123 wrote:That’s shocking

I did go through a lot of Michelin’s early this year and late last year on the TT. One of those was a sidewall failing, like you noticed when parked

Worth checking your tyres (particularly inside edges) as often as you check your testicles - though NOT at the same time.*

* - except for you, LK. Your wife keeps yours in a jar in the bathroom cabinet.....

Admin
View user profile

on Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:46 pm
I can't clearly see the problem with the tyres.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum