Go down
View user profile

Qashqai / Nissan Question

on Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:01 pm
I may have asked before...

Anyone have experience of the 1.6 diesel in 2014 Qashqai?

I bought the petrol version last time because the Mrs does so many short journeys. Wotcha fink are these diesels as prime to issues with lots of short journeys still?
View user profile

Re: Qashqai / Nissan Question

on Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:46 pm
No idea on the Nissan but I'm struggling with the prospect of replacing my diesel with a petrol. More expensive tax and if you want anythong close to the mpg of a diesel you need to go for a guttless small engine. Anything that has a reasonable amount of poke is going to be very thirsty.
View user profile

on Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:43 pm
I stick to petrol machines. Although in Germany I bit realized those Diesel Passat's really never die.

View user profile

on Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:19 pm
Going to go and have a look and see what kind of deal can be done

Running a diesel still concerns me though
View user profile

on Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:42 pm
I did until I ran two.
View user profile

on Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:48 am
Diesels have more complex injection systems and a turbo, therefore more likely to go wrong, but it doesn't stop you repairing it and keeping it running. I would think with the size of the Qashqai it's worth to go diesel if you intend doing some miles.

Admin
View user profile

on Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:23 pm
Teeps.....remember the Civic 1.8........worth a try, at least. But will initially feel sluggish at low-middle due to lack of turbo torque.
View user profile

on Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:53 pm
Paul123 wrote:I may have asked before...

Anyone have experience of the 1.6 diesel in 2014 Qashqai?

I bought the petrol version last time because the Mrs does so many short journeys. Wotcha fink are these diesels as prime to issues with lots of short journeys still?

Is that the old or new shape ??

We had a diesel QQ on holiday, and as a hire car - but think it was a 1.5d - and genuinely that was a good car.
View user profile

on Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:09 pm
I remember how flat the 1.8 Focus felt. On paper as fast ad my Tdci but in reality needed working a lot harder.
Admin
View user profile

on Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:59 pm
I test drove the 1.5dci Assquai a few years ago and it was quite pleasant.
View user profile

on Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:37 pm
It’s the 2014 so not the latest but not the earliest
View user profile

on Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:57 pm
Got my sisters old car, Suzuki Alto 1.1 16v petrol auto. Cracking wee heap Cool Does an obscene amount of miles to the gallon Shocked I left Banff with the fuel needle right on the bottom of the guage and drove the 72 miles in a not hanging about fashion. Got home, then went to mates garage 12 miles away & came back then thought I should fill it up... I put in a gallon and it came up almost to where it was when I left Banff. There is a problem with fueling in that I think the filler neck breather hose may be off due to a rusty clip. Can't fix it because I'm still useless, so waiting for mate to come back off holiday.

Anyway, the point being I plan to keep it until I have made it pretty again (needs a replacement bonnet as bro in law reversed his Range Rover onto it) and some tlc to a back door. Mechanically it is brilliant, having been well looked after by their local mechanic. Starts on the button, even sitting in freezing conditions past few weeks.

So, if anything goes wrong with my car or wife's car, we have a cheap heap with 71k miles. Pity the auto makes it a bit more expensive to tax at 16 quid per month, but the meagre fuel it sips makes up for that.

Be for sale soon if anyone interested Very Happy
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum