Go down
Admin
View user profile

Re: BIG....no.....HUGE NEWS

on Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:26 pm
Right. Another question as i'm still trying to get him head around..stuff.

Can you get around by just using the engine? Well, i dont mean that. But i kinda do.

What i mean is.....say you are getting low on elec and petrol. But you dont or can't plug in for however long it takes (how long does it take btw from empty to full? - using the different rated chargers etc?)

Anyway...my main question was....so like...

You drive into a petrol station. Well, not like...into it....that could be dangerous.

You go to a petrol station and fill up the rex engine.

But you have no elec left.

So like...at this point, you are setting off having ONLY petrol in the car. Can you carry on like this?

I.e...if you have no elec left...how much elec will filling the petrol tank give you?

And in theory, could you keep doing this? Granted you'd have to stop to fill up quite often?

Do you see what i'm asking?

Just trying to think of stuff.

Cos like...i'm kinda used to PHEVS but i've gotta tell myself this is not really anything like a PHEV. Where it's really mainly a petrol engine car with a little bit of elec which can soon be used up.

Wheras the i3 is an elec car with a little petrol engine to top up/ extend.

You can top up the batteries on a PHEV as you drive using the petrol engine but i think it works out as something like 20mpg when you do that...which is extremely guzzly!

So anyway....can you answer my shizzle?
View user profile

on Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:55 pm
I think it will just shut off on you. Your not allowed to cheat. You have to fill up the battery and use that, only then will it allow the engine to cut in.

Admin
View user profile

on Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:58 pm
MegaCrixel wrote:Right. Another question as i'm still trying to get him head around..stuff.

Can you get around by just using the engine? Well, i dont mean that. But i kinda do.Yes, Yes you can, you 'hold' the charge at 10% and rely on just the genny, it will run on just fuel

What i mean is.....say you are getting low on elec and petrol. But you dont or can't plug in for however long it takes (how long does it take btw from empty to full? - using the different rated chargers etc?) 13 amp plug is 11 hours, 7.kw home charger is 4.5 hours, type 2 fast charge 22kw is 3 hours, DC fast charge 50kw - 35mins (this is the one i mostly use at the local Waitrose cos its free - i charge it whilst stuffing my lunch)

Anyway...my main question was....so like...uh huh

You drive into a petrol station. Well, not like...into it....that could be dangerous. yes, yes that would be

You go to a petrol station and fill up the rex engine. yes, uh huh, £10 max

But you have no elec left. it cuts in with 7 miles of electric range remaining, but i manually trigger it at 10 miles

So like...at this point, you are setting off having ONLY petrol in the car. Can you carry on like this? yup, for as long as you like.....just keep refuelling

I.e...if you have no elec left...how much elec will filling the petrol tank give you? 80-100 miles

And in theory, could you keep doing this? Granted you'd have to stop to fill up quite often? yes, this is correct

Do you see what i'm asking? no, havent got a clue

Just trying to think of stuff. what stuff? do tell

Cos like...i'm kinda used to PHEVS but i've gotta tell myself this is not really anything like a PHEV. Where it's really mainly a petrol engine car with a little bit of elec which can soon be used up. in my opinion, something like the Outlander is pointless....it has the sort of range that would see you to the shops and back on just electric, then you are running a 2.0l 4 tonne tank (or a jalopy, like Doo's) in fact.....most Hybrids don't make sense to me, they give you so little in cheap energy then just mug you off back to I.C.

Wheras the i3 is an elec car with a little petrol engine to top up/ extend. correct, 600cc genny, not connected to the wheels which generates just enough to keep the electric motor spinning (right up to 95mph too!)

You can top up the batteries on a PHEV as you drive using the petrol engine but i think it works out as something like 20mpg when you do that...which is extremely guzzly! again, pointless, how much extra have you paid for that hybrid drive train?....not forgetting servicing/consumables etc....the only one which makes slightly more sense than the typical PHEV is the Vauxhall Ampera/Chevy Bolt as that has a 50ish mile range and then a 1.4 petrol 'genny' which again, doesn't drive the wheels, is only there to feed the batteries - I test drove one before i bought the i3......and whilst it was a million miles from the quality or looks (subjective/IMO) of the i3, it actually drove OK - these are sub 10k cars now too

So anyway....can you answer my shizzle? yes, yes i can
View user profile

on Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:56 pm

Only a man with a huge cock stuffs his face at Migros (I mean Waitrose), while filling up with energy for free.

Admin
View user profile

on Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:30 pm
its like a babies arm mogs
Admin
View user profile

on Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:38 am
Aye, an extremely premature baby with no developed arms!

(and Spot thank you for your answers)

The Outlander sold particuarly well really just down to the very low BIK. My boss used to get a company Subaru Outback diesel which i think (for him) would have been approx £240ish a month last time i looked at the figures. He now has a PHEV which i think is around the £60 mark...crazy! He doesn't do a massive mileage so it still works out better for him - (plus he charges it here at work FOC and also has a charger at home if required. He can just about do his commute on elec...(not quite) so for his 'normal' commute only....it costs him virtually nothing.

BUT...when he needs to do longer journeys...the phev is a lot more juicy than the Outback was. So it works for him....but i can see how it would be not so good when higher milages are taken into account.
Admin
View user profile

on Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:47 am
exactly, but who needs a fecking great big 4x4 for pootling around?
Admin
View user profile

on Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:57 am
Well, exactly. But when it's cheaper on company car tax than a C1.....you go with it!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum