Go down
Admin
View user profile

I've done it again! My next car!

on Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:44 pm
Naaaah, not really :p

The 'Beige Bus' C3 Picasso is sticking around for now.

My only car news is that SWMBO's 107 now has a set of original Peugeot 'SBORNE' alloys wheels with nearly new (2 only 2 weeks old) tyres.

Like this?

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/3Q8AAOxyc2pTYSRh/s-l300.jpg

The price?

£0.

Well, i am me, after all.
View user profile

Re: I've done it again! My next car!

on Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:37 pm
Pimp-tastic
View user profile

on Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:02 pm
I thought you had a Megane, or was it a Civic?

Guess that was last week and the week before!
View user profile

on Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:50 pm
Actually Tom, it was this morning and lunch time Mad

Laughing
Admin
View user profile

on Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:40 am
Hehe. The Megane, well, I actually had two. The green one I gave to my MIL and now my SIL is using it and is going strong (2002 1.4 Expression). I then had the Civic (2007 1.8 EX) which was a great car actually. Good all rounder and a nice place to sit. A lot of thought had gone into that car. Cleverly designed. Good looking outside and in...with a lot of interior space and a very big boot for the size. Magic seats too. Clever car. I found the engine a bit lacklustre. It wasn't like the 'normal' VTEC which goes crazy the harder you work it, it was the i-vtec and gave a much more linear response. This meant it was consistent but also a bit. ...'meh'. Very nice though and it was a 0-60 in 8.5s car which for me is.pretty swift...it just didn't feel it. Anyway. Sold that for a bit of a profit. Looking back it was a very nice car.
Bad points - meh engine characteristics, too-firm ride, average refinement, VERY poor paint quality - like...so thin and weak. Very disappointing. (Standard red colour, none metallic)
I then dabbled back in a bit of bangernomics, picking up a 2002 Megane Fidji for £500. I did this as I had been pleasantly suprised with the other Megane and kinda assumed this would be as good.
It wasn't. Niggly faults. Ficed some, spent a bit of money (unusual for me) but then others would pop up and the car just wasn't as good an example as my other one.
I got £250ish for it, selling it with some faults. I did see in on the road last week though so someone spent some money on it, fair do's to them.
Just before I got rid, a 2011 C3 Picasso VTR+ diesel , 80k miles, FSH. came in as a p/x at work. It was beige and the interior was in a pretty horrible conditon. Like...almost couldn't bare to get in it condition. It wasn't a nice thing to behold so was not interesting anyone. But I went for it. Because it was £1500, which makes it by a mile the most bargainest C3 Picasso in the country I reckon. Spent £20 on a valet up the road which made it just about acceptable. Then spent a few hours on it myself which improved things again. Now it's clean enough. (The guy kept chickens and guinea pigs etc, some of them must have lived in the car) but mechanically it was good (touch wood) and all servicing up to date and stuff. So I'm quite happy with it at the moment and it's worth much more than 1500 should I decide/need to sell it.
(The guy bought a 64 plate C4 Cactus so if he does the same with that car...could it be another bargain for me in 3 years? Could be!)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum