Go down
Admin
View user profile

2005 55 Suzuki Swift 1.5 GLX Auto!

on Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:47 pm
Not done a car review for a while.

I'm a fan of the Swift. I've driven it in 1.3 and 1.6 Sport forms.

I found the 1.3 really good and PDQ for a 1.3 'base' model. It drove really well and just...felt 'right' in many ways. A really well sorted little car.

The Sport was absolutely tremendous. My review of that may still be on here somehwhere. I remember thinking to be honest (as i had the Panda 100HP at the time) that the SSS was....to be honest...better to drive. Not perfect...but a BLOODY good fun drive with a proper kinda...'my first hot hatch' kinda feel to it. Lively chassis.
(i was allowed to REALLY drive that car by the customer himself...so i did...and it was great)

Anyway, i digress.

Todays was the 1.5 (which i hadn't driven before) and the auto, which again i hadn't sampled.

You get in. It's a small car...but i maintain there is a suprising amount of room in both width and height. The sides of the car are quite upright. It's a bit tardis-like - at least in the front. Not sure on rear room...and sadly the boot is quite small.

I also like the dash. it's quite basic...and some may say bland. It's say....cool and like..minimalistic. Not plush. Just...quite solid and ...tough. Ish.

Seats were decent for totally standard items, a little bit of support for the legs and sides, not bad. Steering wheel nice shape and good to hold. Also...quite a bit of weight from it, more so than i remember. Made the 2010 C3 steering i drove back feel like the lifeless electronic spinning top that it is.
Anyway!

The auto box was a good auto box in that it changes gear very smoothly and just...gets on with it. BUT!!!! It's at odds with the rest of the car! The car is, IMO, a go-kart kinda feel car...and it absolutely needs a manual box to stir it along. The auto is very good...and smooth...but it's got two modes.

Quiet mode where you mooch around and it's very slow and smooth. But when you need some OOMPH it kicks down and it's quite noisy. It doesn't feel happy to be worked hard. Whereas the manuals love it! The manuals say 'rag me'! Rag my arse! Rag my arse and i'll still nosh you off to finish!"

This most certainly doesn't allow that sort of thing.

Another thing noted was that times have moved on. This is quite an unrefined car these days in terms of general refinement. Road noise was very noticeable at anything more than 40mph really...and this was on standard wheels and tyres. At 70...it would be tiring. The engine still only revs at 2900ish at 70, which is decent...but the general road and wind noise etc would grate after a while.

So. I say...these little Swifts are a great car...but get the manual!

The auto...is fine...at being an auto....but the car is a go-er! The car is a like a horny woman ready to let you take her roughly.....the auto box is a chastity belt with no key!

Last edited by MegaCrixel on Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user profile

Re: 2005 55 Suzuki Swift 1.5 GLX Auto!

on Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:08 pm
Hi Margaret ..... here is your car.

I've had my boys give it a full service, and a nice clean inside and out for you.

Oh, I also carried out a free of charge 0-60mph test, and I am pleased to report that the 0-60 time is 8.9 seconds ... surprisingly quick given the engine and gearbox.

Oh, I fully tested the rev limiter for you, and it does indeed work.

See you next year, Margaret

View user profile

on Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:31 pm
Or good morning Margret this isn't the car for you, get a manual you horny bitch!

Admin
View user profile

on Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:22 am
Please note i did not drive this car hard. I respect any vehicle.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum