Go down
View user profile

How low will they go?

on Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:40 am
Audi R8 - £35k currently for a 10yr old with 50-60k in it

Nissan GTR - £35k ish

Lotus Evora - £32k ish

When you look at the lack of downwards movements of 997’s and M3’s over the last 5yrs I wonder if those 3 might be an expensive to maintain but minimal depreciation option if you had the wonga

Looking last night I can’t believe the price of Elise’s and S2000’s now...

Anyway I’m off to look at a VX220

Admin
View user profile

Re: How low will they go?

on Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:37 am
make sure its the turbo!
View user profile

on Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:29 am
They won't go so low. Manual / petrol's are a thing of the past. So the old ones will hold their values.

View user profile

on Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:03 pm
2.2 16v Spot, there’s a few upgrades though to really up the power!

A cheap non turbo is 7k, a turbo (of any type) is about 13k

Didn’t buy it anyway...
View user profile

on Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:46 pm
They are all shite. Audi Ugh! Nissan, when they go wrong, the dealers cost a fortune as if it was a proper car! And Lotus, go kart, British made shite.

But a Skoda VRS estate and you get the best of both worlds, room and performance Cool
View user profile

on Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:33 pm

I don't think Petrol turbo's are all that they are cracked up to be. You get the power longer in a non turbo (longer rev range).

View user profile

on Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:53 pm
So a Nissan GTR isn't a proper car?
View user profile

on Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:45 pm
It’s a bit Gran Turismo BUT a hell of a car

Not sure I’d compare any of those with a VRS Doo

Anyway got thinking about these looking at how much 997’s still were. How much Delta Integrale, S2000 & Elise’s were mainly

Admin
View user profile

on Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:12 pm
Doo 1 wrote:They are all shite. Audi Ugh! Nissan, when they go wrong, the dealers cost a fortune as if it was a proper car! And Lotus, go kart, British made shite.

But a Skoda VRS estate and you get the best of both worlds, room and performance Cool

you're comparing a fucking skoda vRS to a GTR, R8 and Evora??

what drugs are you on?
View user profile

on Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:02 pm
At the Jaguar track day I went to at the end of last year, the track was damp in the early part of the morning. There were a couple of non-Jags there, including the 400bhp Evora. So much quicker around the corners than the Jags. Once the track had dried there was less in it, but a very rapid car....

Admin
View user profile

on Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:33 pm
yeah but it aint no vRS Laughing
View user profile

on Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:50 pm
Yeah, not a patch on an Octavia...
View user profile

on Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:35 pm
Look wannabe fuucking Grannd Tour bitches, I meant practicality, awww right?

I mean, how are ANY of these over priced back breaking sheds with their desperate need for uber expensive servicing in any way practical?

The VRS is a great compromise for the likes of us mere plebs Razz

I have two V8's, one is a 4 wheel drive go anywhere shooting brake and the other is a comfortable 155mph leather bound lithe sleek woman shaped fanny magnet...

But I prefer my lumbering two tonne estate because it's practical and comfy and every day usable.

However, I don't care, carry on wanking over expensive shite Laughing Arrow clown cheers
Admin
View user profile

on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:05 am
Doo, the XK8, when new, was 45-70k (depending on spec), the Range rover P38, in V8 guise, was between 50 and 96k when new

So by using your logic, both your XK8 and P38 are over priced sheds.

factor in the fact that the GT-R, R8 and Evora are a million times the driving machines of both of yours and your argument is null and void

now pipe down
View user profile

on Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:56 am
I know the Wankel engines in these can need a lot of TLC, but they're a nice-looking sports car for a 3-figure sum...

https://www.tradecarscleckheaton.co.uk/used-cars/mazda-rx-8-1-3-4dr-cleckheaton-201801132715889

I also saw a really well looked after X-reg Celica for sale the other day for £750.

Obviously they're sports coupes and not supercars, but it just goes to show that nice, quick, sporty cars can be had for only a few hundred quid. Smile

As we're on about VRSs, I drove past this at the weekend - really nice example...!

https://www.mandacarsleeds.co.uk/used-cars/skoda-octavia-1-8-vrs-5dr-leeds-201801253072351
View user profile

on Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:19 am
Pipe down is it?

Ok, put it this way (and I am STILL speaking about "practicality" you hom), how much of my PA could you fit in any of those over priced sheds?

In George, I can fit in the boot, 3 Mackie speakers, 3 standard sized flight cases, a drummers stool tripod & seat, a set of retaining bars for my dj booth, a mic stand & a comprehensive 1st aid kit. In the rear seats (unfolded) I get my dj booth (folded it is 5ftx4ft), the dj booth top shelf, the pair of wooden middle shelves, my LED gigbar in it's 5ft long case, the 4th Mackie speaker, a large flight case full of electrical connectors/wiring, a pair of LEDJ Block Buster 8's, a tripod stand for the gigbar, a 40mtr cable reel, 3 sets of 4ft cable routing rubber protectors (for walking/driving over), LED work lamp, 4 litres screen was, 3 litres coolant, 2 litres of water, 2 rolled up sleeping bags, a thermal boiler suit and a couple of Hi Viz safety jackets (the thin type stuffed into the rear seat pocket). In the front passenger area I get my substantial back pack (with 2 laptops and all the HDD's & power packs) which "can" be moved to the rear if someone comes on board, I rather it near me in case of an emergency exit.

On top of all THAT, I also manage to shoe horn in my substantial frame so get all that lot in your fancy pants cars Razz Razz

bounce Basketball cheers lol!
Admin
View user profile

on Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:04 pm
yes but its a fucking jalopy, i'd rather have a £1000 van and a GT-R/R8/Evora sitting at home

no wheesht yer pus ya trumpet
View user profile

on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:14 pm
Jalopy?

Really??

I mean, REALLY??

I beg to differ, but I forget, on this forum, like on Parkers, I am a nobody because I feel supercars are a frivolous waste of cash and are pretty useless as a family barge.

But I am quite pleased with my "jalopy" as it ticks more boxes than I actually had!

Imagine that?

I am a damn good mechanic, better than most employed in top garages. But I may be going above my station, I know WTF I am actually on about as opposed to being employed as a "fitter" in Mercedes or Jaguar...

But I am delighted with my life (well, I was before the accident) and my abilities to turn my hand to anything with nuts & bolts.

As it is, I shall fuuck off in my "Jalopy" into the beyond with a dirty great grin on my face, happy that I love the biggest cuunt on this forum and with a plan to insert a broom handle into his rectum rabbit
Admin
View user profile

on Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:47 am
I think the broom handle will just flap around and fall out.

What you need to do it turn the broom around and insert it brush end first. Even then, i'm not sure it'll touch the sides! :O
Admin
View user profile

on Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:30 pm
its still a jalopy Wink
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum