Go down
View user profile

Wimins Idea of a Puncture annnd Going Home....

on Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:02 pm
My sister txt me telling me of a "flat tyre" and a spanner on her car!

So I did the decent thing and drove the 72 miles to help...as you do Smile

Got there, pissing rain and see the "flat tyre" wasn't even in the least bit flat, t was merely soft ish, but I would have driven 10 miles on it as it was safe enough at 50mph.

Anyway, took it to the local tyre guy and he was a gem, an absolute cracker. Stripped tyre off, cleaned up the grot, removed the valve & removed the grot from there too. Then new valve and the stuff they now use to seal the rubbery bits.

Visited my mate and left around 20:30 in bitter cold winds and temp of 2C... I wasn't bothered as George has an awesome heater Cool

So I get to the west side of Forres and as I come off the last roundabout I saw hazard lights about 1/4 a mile ahead so prepared to pull over.

I mounted the verge in front of a Mitsushitty L200 very much broken... The fuel filter was the main suspect and they had a new one in the truck with the idea it could be changed once they had got how to Thurso, some 130 miles from that spot! Shocked

They had no tools whatsoever and had decided the best idea was to attack it with a small bottle jack and the lever to pump it with! All they had succeeded in doing was to rip the side of the filter.

Anyhoo, I gave them a screwdriver to hammer through the filter body to get it off, which they did. Then they tried to remove the "Water Warning" float assembly off the bottom, but it too was not for coming off! It was so tight he damaged it with the screwdriver. So I got out my self amalgamating tape and tore off a bit. Stretched it and wrapped it round the plastic fantastic so we could attach a jubilee clip and therefore have sufficient torque with which to turn this recalcitrant plastic thingumyjig.

That done, the guy's face lit up Very Happy Very Happy He was practically dancing and said to me, "Andi, you're a bloody genius! Look at that!" So I replied "You just say it like it is fella, I am that and more!" Razz Wink lol Laughing

Anyway, as he was piecing everything back together, he said he was not only chuffed I had stopped, but that I'd had the tools and the knowledge to figure this shit out as it was bloody freezing & they'd been there about 2hrs. No problem, that's why I carry all the gear.

So he went to start it, but it spun, caught, died, spun over, caught, died... This went on 3 or 4 times until I told him to stop, it's air locked! We used my spanner to loosen the bleed screw, he bled it and I nipped it up. Tried to start it again but he'd killed the battery (which I suspect wasn't the best in the 1st place. Jump start time...

She started 1st time! He said the battery in George must be a beast as the Mitsu diesel engine had never spun over so fast before Laughing

So, I followed them all the way to Inverness, but that pick up never missed a beat Wink

Before we parted, he asked what he owed me?

Owed me??

I told him he was owe me nothing! I'm not a business, I'm simply a bloke who is happy to help those in need, and they were very much in need....

I did impart one further nugget though and that was to simply pass on my good deed to the next person he saw in difficulties.

In other words, pass it on.

And that karma came back to me today when I asked the ban to help. Long story short, my business is not currently a business, yet I am being charged each month (it wasn't on our radar until recent that we were being charged and we could stop it). Anyway, the lad asked what happened so I told him. He was shocked! So he stopped the charges for this month and is looking to get me a partial refund. In the meantime, the biz acc is being changed for a current one so no charges.

Sometimes it's good to be good. I went to Banff to help my sister and "because" of that, I was in the right place at the right time to help these fella's!

Life's like a bocks of chox Laughing
Admin
View user profile

Re: Wimins Idea of a Puncture annnd Going Home....

on Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:09 pm
Great story Andoo! Nice work and they may still be there now!

I'd like to thank you again for being good to me when i was in need!

I got a super cheap train ticket up to Andoos, he picked me up from the station, took be back, i met his family who made me feel very welcome so far from home.

The car, a Saxo gifted by Andoo was then acquired and Andoo also gave me some extra freebies such as hi-vis jacket, torch, extra bulbs and what not and wished me a safe journey home as i pootled away into the night and loooong drive back. Which was an event in itself but very exciting!

I have not forgotten your generosity Andoo, thank you again.
View user profile

on Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:19 pm

Great story Andoo. I've still got a cracked windshield on the passenger side. If it's not covered by warranty - I didn't ask yet. Can you like fix it?

Yeah looks like 1000 euro's for a new one without the heater - which I don't want.

View user profile

on Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:36 pm
First of all, Crix man pet man howay man pet... Ye divin't need tuh thank us like man pet man pet! You were very welcome and are very welcome still to come tuh wor hoose man pet. If you fancy a wee sojourn up here some time this summer, take your family and wife will sort you out a good deal at her work place Wink

Then, we can hoon around the local mountains and see deer and stuff while I show you how practical George is off road bounce cheers

Mogs, are you kidding? 1k EEEYYYoooooro's affraid Fer a wiinder scratch

Bring it here, I have some cling film & clear resin king
Admin
View user profile

on Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:18 am
nice one doo, good story (you've helped me oot a ton 'o times too
View user profile

on Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:41 pm
Great work Doo!

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum