Go down
Admin
View user profile

Too slow off the mark!

on Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:59 pm
Not so much the car, but me!

Could have had a 2004 Suzuki Alto 1.1 Auto for approx £150 yesterday...i hesitated whilst i checked it out more and stuff.

Today some other bugger has got it for £300!

Bah.

What a charming little thing!

Honestly! I know you'd all just think...WTF?

But it was a charming little car. I just have a thing about crap, don't i?

Little, tiny, yet spacious enough inside and in boot. Light, nimble. 'REAL'.

Just had a sense of fun about things and the auto went about it's duties without fuss. Only a 3 speed, too!

There's just something about little old Japanese microhatches - (although i think the Alto of this era were Indian-built)

I'll certainly take a look at another if one came in as cheap again.
View user profile

Re: Too slow off the mark!

on Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:49 pm
I have some memories of driving some Japanese K cars. Actually only one, it was a loner and it was tremendous fun. Only a 660 cc and I think 2 cylinder engine. Fully power and revs to keep up with normal traffic.

I remember seeing the price of them new something like 2500 pounds. The rear bench seat was a bit of wood covered in plastic and a little sponge.

View user profile

on Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:14 am
Funny, I have a 2004 Suzuki Alto 1.1 auto which is going to be sold soon with 1yr mot.

Sisters old car. So far, I have replaced the driver mirror, antennae, tailgate struts, driver's window glass (the metal that attaches it to motor was rotten) and the window motor.

I'll be looking for about the 600 quid mark.

Not cheap, but it's getting all the bits inc a replacement bonnet as my bro in law reversed into it with the Range Rover and put a twatting great ding in it.

It's the GL model so leccy front windows, rev counter, ABS and the little handles on the floor to release the boot & petrol flap.

It is epic on fuel Shocked I did 80 miles while the needle was at the very bottom of the gauge and she never missed a beat.

Great wee car Arrow
Admin
View user profile

on Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:21 am
Do another FOC car for me Andoo and i'll be up there on the train as your convenience! Wink

I was totally taken by the little thing!

The one i was looking at was very clean inside but outside was somewhat tatty. Not too bad but a bit noticeable. Only had MOT to October though. A fun little thing which felt like....from another era..kinda thing.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum