Go down
View user profile

At lastttttttt!!!!!!!

on Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:27 pm
I went into Bristol today to collect some bits from school.

Coming out of the city, clear road, 13 degrees temp and a dry road. Sports and Dynamic mode engaged and whooshhhhh.

Think I pressed the go-fast pedal harder than before (either that or I'd forgotten how quick it is) - 30-70 in 2nd gear - Bl00dy heck!!! And the noise. Crix if you would like a sound recording you might want to dust off the robe.

Admin
View user profile

Re: At lastttttttt!!!!!!!

on Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:50 pm
*unfolds and dusts off 'robe*
View user profile

on Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:24 pm
Does the robe have a name?

Hugh, but what would it have sounded like with the LOUD zorst???
View user profile

on Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:53 am
Paul123 wrote:Does the robe have a name?

Hugh, but what would it have sounded like with the LOUD zorst???

The sound in Dynamic with plenty of revs is fine - and real. I think a V8 Jag should be on the understated side of things, with the ability to roll its sleeves up and punch hard when required.

View user profile

on Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:24 pm
George makes a bit of a racket at 5k, but all I hear is wind noise as she breaks the sound barrier at 70 Laughing

Tell you what though, just pulling away at a few mph and the burble is muted but sexy as Embarassed

I'm planning to either remove the middle box for a straight through or both back boxes for straight through.

The difference will only be felt on hard acceleration or over 70mph in top gear really, but the burble will be a bit more pronounced a bit like your Jaaaaaag is now Cool

If I remove the middle box, I'll maybe have room to mount an extra LPG tank if I route the exhaust slightly differently....

Anyway, I haven't had my Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag out for about 3 years now Crying or Very sad

When you up this way Huge? We could swap, you have George and I'll have yours for a bit and when you finally catch me up you can swap back as I'll have a Gerry Can in the back to fill yours back up

lol!
View user profile

on Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:18 pm
You repeating your Gerry can joke there Andoo?!!!!!!

View user profile

on Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:10 pm
Ha ha ha, I like to pour fuel on the fire now & then Hugh Razz

You need to come up and I'll show you a few long, quiet roads with stunning scenery Cool Cool

The Jaguar would be like a pig in shite, she would love it pig I love you bounce
View user profile

on Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:56 pm
A colleague has an X5 his second, he buys them second hand and was encouraging me to get one. There is nothing like them he says, you really feel king of the road. Suspect that's how you feel in your RR.Very Happy

Got a road that I've been taking recently on the way home from work it works. You come out of a roundabout and go up quite a steep hill on a straight road, due to the lack of power I can hold it full on in 3rd hitting just over 4000 rev's by the top. Getting some nice power like sounds coming from the back, even though there really is very little power.. freaking nice view of Zug from the road at the top at night too. What a Face
View user profile

on Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:50 pm
Doo 1 wrote:Ha ha ha, I like to pour fuel on the fire now & then Hugh Razz

You need to come up and I'll show you a few long, quiet roads with stunning scenery Cool Cool

The Jaguar would be like a pig in shite, she would love it pig I love you bounce

There are several routes up your way I'd like to revisit - last driven 9 years ago in a Renault Master!!!!

Admin
View user profile

on Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:50 pm
My 3.0 Jeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaag made a nice noise but it was quite subdued.
The Saab was the quickest car I've owned but the engine had comparatively little character, being a 2.3 4cyl.
The Panda sounded great for a fairly ordinary 1.4 4 cyl engine. However the Puma 1.7 (whilst not sounding quite as good in normal use) had an absolutely superb rorty bark right at the top end. Extremely addictive to work hard.
The 107 sounds decent when you are in the mood. "Half a Porsche" has been used to describe it before!
View user profile

on Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:18 pm
I was out noised on the M5 this morning. I was sat quietly at 70 on the cruise control, when I started to hear a drone getting louder and louder. It was a '52 plate Polo with a comedy exhaust! Sounded like it was doing maximum revs, with little change of hitting 73!!

It was so annoying that I accelerated to 80 leptons per hour for 5 mins to loose it..

Why?!

Admin
View user profile

on Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:43 pm
my i3 makes a cracking noise, its..............fuckit
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum