Go down

Heated seats - do you have them and how do you find them? Enter the vehicle you are talking about below and include further details!

4 - 44%
0 - 0%
4 - 44%
0 - 0%
0 - 0%
0 - 0%
0 - 0%
0 - 0%
1 - 11%

Total Votes: 9
Admin
View user profile

Heated seats

on Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:03 pm
Heated seats - do you have them and how do you find them? Enter the vehicle(s) you are talking about below and include further details! Details can be about both current and previous cars. As fully detailed as possible car seat heating information is required by all applicable members.

Thank you.

EDIT! - please note, you can also include your 'COOLING' seat experiences, if you have any.

Last edited by MegaCrixel on Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user profile

Re: Heated seats

on Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:21 pm
Got them on the Vectra - there are 5 possible settings, the highest being very warm. Passengers have commented on how hot it is. You could keep them on for as long as you like, but there's really no point in having them on higher than setting 3 or 4. I think the highest setting has been designed for when you have a coat on. They do take a good 10/15 minutes to reach full heat.
Admin
View user profile

on Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:45 pm
the i3 has a 3 setting heated seat....and because it uses less battery power than the climate, i sometimes use just them, it keeps you rather toasty. level 3 is hot....but not uncomfortably hot

the transit connect has a heated drivers seat, this has 5 settings, its about on par with the i3
View user profile

on Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:21 pm

2 setting as Crix already mentioned in the XV review. One toasty after about 10 minutes, I've found them useful when I've had to go to work in damp jeans from the washing.

Admin
View user profile

on Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:29 pm
Thank you for the replies so far chaps, very good Smile

5 settings! I didn;t think that would be common but already weve got a Vectra and a Tranny with them!

I thought the typical thing would be 2 settings, maybe 3.

Erm...lets have a think. My 9-5 had heated seats - 3 settings IIRC. They werent too hot on the hot setting but nice to have. I think i remember usually putting them on max and turning down to 2 after a few mins though. I dont think the Jeeeeeeeeaaaaggg actually had heated seats though.

Have any of my other cars had heated seats....let me think....probably not actually!?
View user profile

on Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:32 pm
I had a Rover 45 with velour heated seats but they didn't work if memory serves me right. I believe it was an on/off switch too, rather than different settings.
View user profile

on Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:04 pm
Not got them at the moment - had them, and other than the very coldest of days, never used them .... don’t like the ‘have I sheet myself’ feeling ....
View user profile

on Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:23 pm
I have heated seats on the Jag. 3 levels. Lovely warm cheeks on a cold day.

They are also cooled, and blow cold air up your rear / gentleman's area. Whereas heated seats give you that "just wet yourself" feel, the chilled setting gives the "wet myself a while ago" feeling.

I also have a heated steering wheel. Also very good on cold mornings.

View user profile

on Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:26 am
Never had them and not overly bothered. Been in a few cars with them and usually end up being too hot.

It's certainly not on my list of wants for a car
Admin
View user profile

on Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:07 am
Thank you for your further comments chaps Smile

LK - as per my instructons i require full details of which vehicles and the specifics of each! Thank you Smile

I like the feature - but it may be that it's cos i haven't used it much as most of my cars haven't had it.

A feature that i DO love is cruise control. I have it on the Crickasso and i probably try to use it too much. Got a 10 second run at 40mph? It's on!
View user profile

on Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:03 am
OK, my car that had heated seats was my Audi TT.

Three settings, via a circular dial on the dashboard.

Level three was a bum scorcher, and only to get to the initial heat in.

Level 2 was still quite warm.

Level 1 was the one you’d use most often.

Interestingly, the leather seats on the Audi used to get very cold in the winter, whereas the rubbish leather BMW use didn’t. So, heated seats in the Audi was required.

On a similar note, the in laws BMW 3 series has the cheap Dakota leather too, and no heated seats !!!

Did I ever mention that BMW cars just don’t have the quality and thoughtful touches that the Audi’s really do.

Admin
View user profile

on Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:22 am
Excellent comments regarding the details of the TT heated seats, thank you.

And a liberal dose of BMW bashing! You're really not best friends with them at the moment are you!
View user profile

on Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:58 am
I would like a cruise control to go with my heated seats...

Admin
View user profile

on Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:11 pm
How about....mixing things up.

Heated cruise control seats?
View user profile

on Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:10 pm
MegaCrixel wrote:Excellent comments regarding the details of the TT heated seats, thank you.

And a liberal dose of BMW bashing! You're really not best friends with them at the moment are you!

Me ??!

Not just me !!!!

(Sorry, Ian - lol )

https://youtu.be/698MxlfYit4
View user profile

on Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:13 pm
No heated seats here - they are standard on the ST-3, but mine is the ST-2. That's one of the only differences - heated full leather rather than half leather, and xenon headlights

I'm not fussed. Never found seat temperature to be an issue. Doesn't take long for your arse to warm the seat. A heated steering wheel and gearstick would be more useful!
Admin
View user profile

on Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:31 am
But Tom! have you experienced heated seats though? When the conditions are right, they can be a pleasant thing to have Smile
View user profile

on Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:51 pm
If I have the "Hiline" BECM, then I can add heated seats, but I also need to swap out the HEVAC unit for one with the button for the heated fronts screen (wiring in place) and two for heated seats. If I can get my way, I will mostly be adding a full cream leather interior out of an HSE or better as they have heated memory seats.

Once I have installed all of the above, I need to go to a dealer or indie with the computer software to "add" the ability to my BECM to operate these extra bits... Ahead of it's time the ol' Rangey...
Admin
View user profile

on Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:48 pm
So the answer is 'no', Andoo?

Wink
View user profile

on Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:39 pm
No fuss here LK.

3 minutes into that and I'm still waiting for him to tell us why he's selling it!

You're a proper BMW basher of late. I like my last 120d. It wasn't agricultural until Quarry Motors fucked up one of the injectors.

Whilst the gear changes are notchy, I think he's over egging the pudding with how severe it is.

I like my car, does what I need and a lot better than some of my previous cars!
View user profile

on Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:30 pm
ianw182 wrote:No fuss here LK.

3 minutes into that and I'm still waiting for him to tell us why he's selling it!

You're a proper BMW basher of late. I like my last 120d. It wasn't agricultural until Quarry Motors fucked up one of the injectors.

Whilst the gear changes are notchy, I think he's over egging the pudding with how severe it is.

I like my car, does what I need and a lot better than some of my previous cars!

** thumbs up **

I think it was a combination of things .... but, and it’s mostly personal stuff - I just couldn’t gel with it.

My clutch was constantly juddery.

I got in the habit of driving it in sport mode for the throttle response, but then the steering weighted up too much, and it felt heavy and numb.

With the M Sport, I just always wanted it to go like it looked, and it always felt like the big alloys and hard suspension gave the car a poor ride, with no real benefits ...

I suspect the sport models, with the softer suspension, better ride, and just the car being a bit more compliant (like my A3 really) are actually the better cars
View user profile

on Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:02 pm
Not had them on any car I've owned but been in cars with them. Made my arse sweat and felt uncomfortable after a couple of minutes.
View user profile

on Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:11 pm
Teeps wrote:Not had them on any car I've owned but been in cars with them. Made my arse sweat and felt uncomfortable after a couple of minutes.

Once hot and sweaty, you can then turn on the chilled seats?!!!!

View user profile

on Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:25 pm
MegaCrixel wrote:But Tom! have you experienced heated seats though? When the conditions are right, they can be a pleasant thing to have Smile

Yes I have - in fact my folks' Volvo 340s even had heated front seats back in the 80s/90s.

Still not worried though!
Admin
View user profile

on Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:23 am
Thats OK Tom, cheers Smile

Teeps - thanks for that image! NOT! UUurrrggghhhhhhhhh!!!!

LK and Ian - i get the BMW frustration. I've only ever owned one (although driven many) and mine was perhaps not the best example - 2002 51 320i with the 2.2 6 cyl engine. It just was not very nice to drive! Heavy/sharp/unpredicatable clutch, heavy gearchange (there's 'feel' but there's also like...too much effort required sometimes) and the engine - well, yes it was smooth and silky but it just felt a bit...leaden! 170ps and 155lb ft torque, i think. So the numbers were OK....but it just felt.....meh.

But then..i've driven other BMWs such as the 2.5 Z4 which was instantly excellent, and a late 3.0 Z3 which was bloody brill....a 120d 1 series which again i rather liked, a newer model Z4 which was great - and a 320i Coupe (model after mine) (which just had the 2.0 4 cyl engine - so should be inferior? to mine - it was a lovely thing! Lovely responsive engine, silky smooth to drive, lovely!)

But then i've driven a 118i which just felt 'meh' and more recently a 118d which was just a bit...rough! and like...not particularly 'nice' or good to drive. (IMO)

(Please note, all of the 1 series' i have driven have been either the 1st one or the 2nd one, not the current one)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum