Go down
Admin
View user profile

Re: The MX5 diaries ... UPDATED !!!

on Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:36 pm
Ed will be feeding the pony in the back!
View user profile

on Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:50 pm
I think of everyone, Ed is the keenest to see it and have a go !!!

He is also contemplating getting one ... to complement his 2 cruisers .....

Admin
View user profile

on Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:25 pm
2 cruisers? What does he have now? Still the CLk430 (or was it a 320?) and what else? (does he still have the Mondy?)
View user profile

on Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:33 pm
Yes, and Yes.

Mondi and Merci (350 I think)
View user profile

on Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:19 pm
So, MX5 update ....

I've not driven it much so far .. and therein may lie the problem .. but I'm not sure the 2 car plan is going to work for me ... its so useful having the seats and space all ready to collect or drop off the kids, as and when needs be, let alone the parking, insurance, etc, etc, issues 2 (3) cars cause me ... so 4 seat convertible may well be my next move ..... having said all of the above, I am itching to get in to it again, and take it out for a drive .. on Friday, I drove the MX5, the 911, and the A3 ... and seriously, the fun factor across all 3 is very similar ... all different, but all fun in different ways.

The only other issue is that the dream of tracking the MX5 seems further away now than before - Smile What you don't appreciate before you get a car, is the preparation required to track it ... and we're not talking roll cages, etc .. we just talking - 100% sound tyres, brakes, tracking, etc, etc ..... you wouldn't want to do it unless every little aspect was top notch .. and (any) old MX5 would need all these things going through before you tracked them ...

Initial thoughts on the MX5 - great car, but it might be a case of, if you can lock it in a garage, and never (rarely) use it, but might be a better plan than leaving it on the street to go rusty .....

Early days yet though.
Admin
View user profile

on Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:01 pm
don't forget that either way, with the price you bought it at.......there could be a quick bit of profit in it too
View user profile

on Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:05 pm
Spot wrote:don't forget that either way, with the price you bought it at.......there could be a quick bit of profit in it too

Oh, I think that is partly driving me not to spend the time and money getting it ready to track .. its almost too good.

A bit of fun in the sun, and when the convertible buyers come out, I think it'll be on Autotrader.

I reckon I'd get £4500 for it easy .. which is a quick £1150 profit, and the experience of owning an MX5
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum