Go down
View user profile

Top Gear tonight ....

on Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:58 pm
Thoughts .....

That Dodge Demon is awesome - we need more stuff like that in the UK. I even like the styling - proper four seats, but a Saloon take on a coupe ..... cool - very cool.

The Stinger - everyone is raving about that car - but heck, at £40k - depreciation is going to be a killer !!!

The i30N - I am sure it’s a great car - but again, depreciation is going to be a killer ... but overall, as the World is starting to get all Agro with each other again, i’m not sure i’d be happy fueling the Korean’s economy - it’s not about being racist, but with the Economy and World politics getting all scary again - we need to be careful where we are sending our money (IMO).

2CV bit was good - if a little drawn out ...

View user profile

Re: Top Gear tonight ....

on Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:27 pm
The Dodge Demon could keep my increase of power going in the right direction?!
Admin
View user profile

on Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:44 am
I am sorry to report that i have not seen Ep2, Ep3 or Ep4 of the current series.

This is due to the following:

Being knackered and falling asleep as soon as the kids are in bed.

I did begin to watch Ep2 the other day on iplayer but fell asleep after 20 mins (despite feeling fully awake and ready for a 2 episode marathon!)
View user profile

on Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:25 pm
I like the Stinger - no one will buy the V6 though because a) no-one buys big petrol engines cars these days, it is old tech like Rory said, and b) the £40k list combined with the poor emissions will be a killer in terms of car tax as £40k is the threshold for much higher tax. They should list it at £39,995!

You know there are two different Koreas, right LK? So you need to buy British next then... Er.... how about a Morgan?
View user profile

on Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:44 pm
TomH wrote:I like the Stinger - no one will buy the V6 though because a) no-one buys big petrol engines cars these days, it is old tech like Rory said, and b) the £40k list combined with the poor emissions will be a killer in terms of car tax as £40k is the threshold for much higher tax. They should list it at £39,995!

You know there are two different Koreas, right LK? So you need to buy British next then... Er.... how about a Morgan?

A-hem!

View user profile

on Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:43 am
Thought it was a good episode. Chris and Matt segments are more like old top gear and the Rory bits are getting better (I think anyway)

£40k for the stinger is interesting... If they do sell they’ll be a great deal 2nd hand in a few years
View user profile

on Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:22 am
As Tom says, Kia is made in South Korea, which is not the same as North Korea.

I30N, if it is as good as they say and is a hit with the Yoof it will keep values reasonably high. At that end of the market people are less badge obsessed. Values of Golf GTIs, Focus STs, Astra VXRs etc are all much of a muchness, considerably higher than the cooking models.

Stinger didn't appeal. Don't like the styling.

The Kia that I do like is the Pro-Ceed GT. Looks so right.
View user profile

on Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:19 pm
Good episode. Ed Byrne started to get on my wick though...

I really like the look of the Stinger, but they are expensive. Even the basic diesel is over £30k.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum