Go down
View user profile

2016 Astra

on Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:08 pm
So my dad has just got himself a new car. A 2016 Astra 1.6 Elite.
Leather heated seats amongst a host of other toys. It's a 1.6 N/A petrol so not exactly quick but I was in it as a passenger today and it felt entirely adequate for a 73 year olds requirements. The ride served to further emphasis the fact that the Astra is a bloody decent car. The interior trim fit and finish is brilliant and the car feels solid and well built.
Bought from a franchised dealer for £8.5k. A lot of car for the money and far more car than you would have got if he'd gone for a Focus IMHO.
View user profile

Re: 2016 Astra

on Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:59 pm
Agreed .....for the money - Vauxhall take some beating.

Our Zafira - never put a foot wrong, and whilst not the most dynamic of cars - it treads a decent line of handling and comfort ....
View user profile

on Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:54 am
The new Astras are really nice. I drove a 1.6CDTI 136 SRI and it was very nippy, especially with the sports button engaged. I just hope the next Astra doesn't end up being a badge-engineered Peugeot 308...

LKsOK wrote:Our Zafira - never put a foot wrong, and whilst not the most dynamic of cars - it treads a decent line of handling and comfort ....

Grab 'em while you can! We had a memo sent out at work last week saying that Zafira production is stopping on 13th April. It's to be replaced with the "Combo Life"... Sad
View user profile

on Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:02 pm
My dad has always had Vauxhalls and he hasn't had one that I really liked since the Mk2 Cavalier. Howerer this is just a good car and had I got a 1.6T I would have been perfectly happy with it.
Admin
View user profile

on Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:03 pm
Elad had the use of of a 1.6 diesel astra last year as a courtesy car for a week. It was the new (at the time) 'whisper' diesel model and he said it was excellent - refined, smooth, quick enough, and extremely economical if you can believe the trip computer. He was seing returns in the 70s without trying for economy. He wasn't expecting to like it as he's not a Vauxhall fan but he conceded it was a bloody good car. The only real negative was that he said it was no 'fun' it just drove normally and was in no way interesting but that it was a good all round car.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum