View previous topicGo downView next topic
Admin
View user profile

2016 16 Renault Megane 1.2 Tce Dynamique S Nav

on Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:43 am

I really liked it! Don't say 'bah' as you probably expected i would...but bear with me...

To drive - 'pleasant'

Nice ride, quite smooth and comfortable despite the biggish alloys (although they don't look big on the car itself).

Very smooth and quiet engine. Could tell it was 3cyl but only just. Very smooth indeed. 3 models. Eco, Normal and Sport. Eco softened the throttle response whilst sport sharpened it. I think it may have done something to the steering too but i'll need to read up on that to check it. I'm not sure it would have done anything else as i can't see this car having adaptive dampers.

Engine pulled well and was extremely smooth and quiet. Usually you can feel slight vibrations from 3 cyl cars but these were extremely well hidden. 

Light clutch action.

Steering light but not stupidly light. Probably not much feel though.

So like...it's the usual kinda...French current thing of light controls without much feel...which kinda...takes away some of the 'depth' of engineering quality feeling. But i've used worse in this regard.

Interior was smart, interesting looking/feeling and high quality (mostly) and I totally fell for the gimmicky colour changing interior and huge ipad slapped on the dash.

This seems to  be the way things are going. Increasingly, many cars now have the huge screens on the dash. It does take away your attention from the road. This is not a good thing. It's all customisable. You can change the 'ambient' lighting. There are strips on the doors front and rear, central console and dash fascia area. This is totally...pointless...but it just gives the car a kinda..dunno...flashy...cool look. I totally went for it, loved it. 

There is a 'Perso' mode...which i thought...what on earth does 'Perso' mean? But it's Personalisation. So you can mix and match all kinds of settings in the computer and have them as your named, saved setting. I think you can have more than one setting too. So driver 1 could select their own setting but driver 2 could have totally different settings. This is probably commonplace now but it's the first time i'd experienced it properly in a car.

The dial(s) were also a display! No real dials! I didn't think 'low end' cars had these yet but apparently so. Again, looked good and flashy. The high central console between the seats gave the car more of a...cockpit feeling...which was nice.

The seats are half leather and look and feel sporty. They weren't like sporty seats with mega support but they were quite nice.

I sat in the back and there was good legroom and headroom. I could sit up straight in the back and my head didn't touch the roof, which is often not the case in typical 'Focus' class cars.

The boot was large. Not very deep, but quite long and wide. The bumper though was quite 'deep' so there was quite a lot of potential scraping, scratching to go there depending what you were putting in.

Overall though...i thought it was great. Nice to drive, interesting, smart, high quality interior, very refined, comfortable. I really liked it.

It looked just like the one in the link below.
I just found a great car on Auto Trader.
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201610148782059?atmobcid=soc3
View user profile

Re: 2016 16 Renault Megane 1.2 Tce Dynamique S Nav

on Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:39 pm
Sounds good. I like the look of the new model - especially the tail lights that run nearly the whole width of the back of the car, similar to the last SAAB 9-5. Smile
Admin
View user profile

on Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:52 pm
Yep I like them too, both the front and rear has a nice light signature in the dark.
I think that's the thing about why I like French cars...but may not be as....competent? I was gonna say reliable as well but I really don't think there is much in it now. I like the fact they are more interesting.
View user profile

on Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:23 pm
I would t buy one buy new Renaults are fairly pleasant to drive
View user profile

on Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:27 pm
Renault don't seem to sell many Meganes anymore - or at least I don't notice them!

Admin
View user profile

on Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:18 pm
I think the rear lights are shit

this concludes my input on the matter
Admin
View user profile

on Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:26 pm
Nah, it's nice.
Admin
View user profile

on Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:27 pm
its a fight you want is it?

*throws a chair out the way and windmills in*

*girlfriend shouts from the back of the room 'he aint worf it darren, he aint worf it'*

View user profile

on Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:30 pm

Nah give me something old fashioned and 4 cylinder like what I've got. Embarassed

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum