Go down
Admin
View user profile

Turn over a new......

on Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:51 pm
Leaf?

I may have the oportunity of a Leaf for a few months. Id need to pay for it but it could be cheap. I just need to do the sums and ask at work if I could charge up there.
There are 3 charge points at work so it's doable but it's more the politics of it. I'll ask anyway though.
I'll see what the figures are like and if it's gonna be worth it. Will be very interesting to try out Smile
View user profile

Re: Turn over a new......

on Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:22 pm
Sounds good Crix

Tell them they can wrap it in the company logo for advertising
View user profile

on Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:32 pm
I remember quite long time ago now. But I think they still do it the same way today. Drying 10 tonnes of wheat. We put the wheat dryer under part of a barn (where there was electric). Did we plug it in.. nah. 50 gallon barrel of tractor diesel a tractor to turn the wheat using a power take off shaft. No electricity at all.

So I cannot figure all this stuff about electric cars unless of course you an get the electric for free like you might be able too.

View user profile

on Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:43 pm

On the other hand. I went to a talk from RWE the German electric company that assumes the price of electric power is trending to zero.

So you could be right.

You know while the Germans are closing all their nuclear reactors the British are building them. We cannot both be right.

View user profile

on Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:58 pm
Germany had an emotional reaction to Fukoshima and reacted accordingly. However from a rational standpoint their decision makes no sense. It has a lot to do with the green parties influence on German politics and a strong anti nuclear sentiment coming from bring on the frontline in the cold war.
Admin
View user profile

on Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:29 am
Teeps, i think i remember you saying you had a friend that worked for Nissan and you could potentially take advantage of their staff finance scheme?....or did i completely make this up?

if so, whassa deal?
View user profile

on Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:36 am
Not me. I have a mate who had a Leaf but he doesn't work for Nissan.
Admin
View user profile

on Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:56 am
That was me Spot. At one stage there were some VERY good staff deals on the leaf but that was some time ago. The deals now are no good. However...this leaf in question is a staff lease car that is part way through its lease....
Admin
View user profile

on Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:56 am
duh, sorry, i meant Crix!!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum