Admin
View user profile

THE ANDOO HOLIDAY AND HIRE CAR REVIEW THREAD

on Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:57 am
THREAD SUPPLIED IN READINESS.
View user profile

Re: THE ANDOO HOLIDAY AND HIRE CAR REVIEW THREAD

on Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:27 am
Ok. Flew Jet 2 from Glasgow to Cyprus and was very happy apart from the repeating Tui woo hoo ooh ooh hoo hoo frickin music every five minutes Laughing

Arrived to rain Shocked But lasted all of 5 minutes. Then that night two massive explosions and I said to her indoors those are artillery guns.... I was right, but it was part of a celebration that no one had told us about. So I was ready with a broken bottle for some Syrian caaahnt to attack us Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

The holiday was fine, sunshine all the time apart from five minutes of limp wristed thunder. The hire car was a Honda FIT. It wasn't a bad wee car, but FIT it was not. Pulling away we were constantly aware of the car behind right up your arse waiting for it to drive over the top of us! They drive very badly over there, flying through red lights and if they don't do that, they creep about two car lengths through the light to be 1st to get away.....to the next set Rolling Eyes I pissed them right off by driving correctly and using my indicators Razz

Motorway driving was same shit, no indicators, pulling in 3 inches from you after passing. But the wee Honda was a flying machine after 50kph. Foot down and 140kph could be reached with a singing motor and the auto box was on it's toes too. 100kph to 140kph was astoundingly quick Shocked

It had more bottle/can holders than our kitchen. AC worked well enough and the front & rear leccy windows too. Best bit was the push button fold away mirrors. Cool

Took several trips to mountain villages and even to Limasol, where we went for my Range Rover Sync Mate, manufactured by Black Box Solutions. Saved myself postage I did Laughing

Journey home had us hating Jet 2 and a complaint has been forwarded. My normally mild mannered missus (to anyone else) was very unhappy and made it plain in a non violent manner.

This is the exact email I sent. It's longish, but I needed to explain how they let us (and 80 other passengers) down so badly. I mean seriously, my wife works in a hotel (similar industry) and was astounded by the total lack of respect they showed. The only upside is the 9hr delay puts us on scope for a compensation from the airline for the delay, but the lack of care is another cup of tea...or pee in this case.

Before I paste the email, let me tell you how we do it. One of our neighbours is a piss head and several times a year, calls cops to tell them he's going to kill himself. Cue firemen & police battering his door down, usually after 02:00 to "rescue" him from himself. However, the day before we flew home, he succeeded in setting fire to himself & the flat which put everyone in danger. He was carted off to hospital where he is fighting for life after 80% burns... The upstairs neighbour, our downstairs neighbour, fled with her young son or she would have died from smoke inhalation. Her house was smoke damaged

So, because it was attempted suicide, the area is a crime scene, which means we have cops on station 24hrs. We were back ten minutes and wife & I decided to make a flask of tea and take it & some biscuits & a sandwich to the cops. We did it again at shift change. Why? It's a long boring shift sat in a van so show our support for them as they do a good job most of the time. To me, that is a trifle. A nothing! It cost us a few pennies and a few moments of our time. But to the cops on watch, it shows we care and thank them for watching out for us....

Anyway, I digress. Here is the long boring email. But take time to read it as it gives a snippet of the ordeal we were made to suffer by a shower of incompetent uncaring assholes who already took our money....

Disappointing.

Upset. seriously disappointed! In pain! Some of the words to describe our journey home from Paphos April 4th LS158. Our flight was delayed leaving Glasgow to Paphos apparently, due to having to wait for de-icing. Fair enough, but what followed was a catalogue of disaster.

We were finally allowed on the bus to the plane, but then the bus sat in the stifling heat at Paphos before the sun set cooling it down a bit. Soon we were on our way to the plane.
The captain (a female who's name I forgot due to sheer exhaustion...) came on to tell us the reason for the delay (de icing Glasgow) so we sat on the plane waiting and waiting and waiting....

Turns out there was a mix up with the fueling at Paphos so the fuel truck came back and started again. Meanwhile, the delay got longer so instead of offering a free beverage and a sandwich or such, we got some luke warm water?? Finally, hours after our scheduled take off time, we were off. Normally, other airlines would have made up the delay by flying a good deal faster, but no, the captain came on again telling us she couldn't get to Glasgow on time so was diverting to Manchester!

Now I rather think if she had opened the throttles from Paphos she would have made Glasgow because flying average 580mph, Machester to Glasgow could have been covered in less than 20 minutes... So, the prospect of spending 3 hours 30 minutes on a coach was less than appealing.

At Manchester I told the Jet 2 rep that we had a car parked in Glasgow, but had to then drive from there to Inverness so being awake all night was not a safe option so could we have a hotel and do the trip either by coach or plane in the morning? NO! The rep said his "superiors" wouldn't allow it? As we had our 8 year old son who was just worn out by now and my swollen ankle & painful knee, a hotel room would have ticked the right box and we would have been fully rested and ready to face a journey again.

We were told to help ourselves to the food they supplied (sandwiches, juice & fruit....apples which were on seats. Seats which previously had sweaty arses parked on them) and get on the coach or we will be abandoned at Manchester airport. Cue an unhappy trudge to the coach. So, up the back of the coach, we were subjected to freezing conditions as the heating barely made it to the middle (there were no more seats available) and not only that, the lights were blazing above us all the way so not a hope of rest.

We get to Glasgow and the driver couldn't get his bearings so 20 minutes of hopeless driving in circles before parking goodness knows where? Suffice to say nowhere near the terminal. Cue another trudge for miles in minus 2C which we weren't exactly prepared for (if things had gone as planned, we would have been out of the airport and a few metres to the bus stop for the Skypark bus to our car).

At this point I must add I am disabled after a serious work accident 17 months previous. I am in pain and can walk a bit, but damage to my ankle, leg, knee and shoulder qualified me for a blue badge and lots of painkillers. My ankle is held together with titanium screws and my knee damage is slow to heal. I also have to wear a sling to support my arm/shoulder as the deltoid muscle was ripped apart during the accident, but went undiagnosed for 7 months. I could request assistance and use a wheelchair at the airport, but normally things like this don't happen so I never felt a great need to do so.

I am also a diabetic on insulin injections and need to try to keep travelling to within reasonable times to keep on top of my blood sugar. So the final insult was the walk to Glasgow airport terminal to find our bus to the car park. I was so tired and in so much pain the driver had to help me on the bust with my case "and" myself. I couldn't physically lift my foot onto the bus. Lucky another family were in the same car park and had asked the driver to wait for us. I was shattered. So can you imagine the mess I was in facing driving my wife & young son to Inverness after that soul destroying journey? Minus 2 degrees C meant a further delay while the car heated up & defrosted after 12 days in Glasgow.

We made it out of there as the sun rose and into busy morning traffic. We finally rolled in at home in Inverness 09:50. I had to get my wife to drive the last 50 miles as I was in a mess and simply couldn't drive another inch. Lucky she was rested enough to do so. However, I was so tired I hit a grouse which was still embedded in the grille when we stopped, so damage on top of the insulting treatment. I say insulting because we were kept in the dark from the minute we arrived at Paphos airport. My blood sugar was all over the place as trying to take insulin and eat subjectively was impossible during the whole ordeal.

At no point between Paphos and Manchester were we offered a meal & hot beverage "on the house" instead we were still forced to pay full whack. I get things go wrong, but at least try to treat us like humans instead of cattle.

Suffice to say we won't be looking at flying with Jet 2 again. I have faced delays with lesser airlines and they were amazing. Complimentary breakfast or dinners, complimentary drinks or vouchers and such to make up for delays which compared to this were tiny, not NINE hours!!! (I have taken the time difference into account)

Never mind our journey up the A9 from Glasgow to Inverness which we would NEVER have done in normal circumstances. I am a qualified driver and as such, plan journeys to keep fatigue to a bare minimum. But imagine trying to book a hotel at 06:30 and trying to get some rest? I note you treated your pilots & cabin crew to a speedy trip to a hotel. Fair enough, but YOU were responsible for our safety and continuing safety. You failed here. Big time. I thought you needed to know this.

The journey out was fabulous apart from the constant head nipping loop of that advert and singing which after the 3rd time in a row got a bit (lot) samey and repetitive. Other than that, we were treated well and wondered why we hadn't used Jet 2 for so long. We currently do 2 holidays a year and really did think to start to do all our travel with you after the flight out being so good. But this has left a bitter taste in our mouth. I think you may find me less acerbic than what some of the other passengers may send, but I deal in reality rather than a compo based thought process. I will leave it in your hands as to how to deal with this, but my wife is not at all happy. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope you can make some sense of what happened.

Thank you,
View user profile

on Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:49 am
My in laws are in the air to Pafos as we speak !!!
View user profile

on Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:52 am
Jesus Doo. I suspect I'm not alone when I say TLDR.
View user profile

on Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:59 am
Teeps I suspect your acronym is an insult, but I think you would have also put in a complaint at the shoddy treatment.

As I put in my email, I "get" that things go wrong, but the trolley dollies would not answer any questions and that was more annoying, being kept in the dark. And as I also stated, the trip out was amazing! We really did talk about using them from then on as the whole flight out was fantastic.

And I could have embellished it, but I didn't. Neither did I get angry or start name calling (unlike some other angry passengers).

Shambles.
Admin
View user profile

on Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:59 am
Have some respect Teeps! Read the full article!

Thank you.
View user profile

on Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:01 am
So I was correct, it was an insult.

If you didn't read it, why bother with a response??
View user profile

on Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:07 am
TLDR means To Long Didn't Read. It wasn't an insult.
Calm down dear. I'm off out now to fit some speakers.
Admin
View user profile

on Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:08 am
No, it wasn't an insult! My response was made at the same time as yours. Dont say it was an insult Smile
View user profile

on Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:15 am
Well, it's kinda insulting to respond without having 1st read the page.

I googled the acronym and posted before I read your reply Crix, so it wasn't you I took it from.

I'm still sore, stiff and knackered. Waiting for CID to come as they requested footage from my CCTV to track the neighbours movements (and perhaps anyone else who may have been in the vicinity just before the fire Wink Shocked ).

Want to go ride my bike, but as above and the fact it's frixin freezin Crying or Very sad
View user profile

on Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:30 am
Doo 1 wrote:

I'm still sore, stiff and knackered.

Said the actress to the Bishop !!!
Admin
View user profile

on Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:25 pm
it was 26c in barcelona yesterday, my plane was 7 minutes delayed.........for easyjet, this is good

thank you
Admin
View user profile

on Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:12 pm
Bloody Notparkers International Jetsetters??!!!?!?!!!

Here's us (maybe) going the 70 miles to Haggerstone Castle Caravan Park in July! (maybe)

#shouldhavestuckinatschool
#orhadacleverbrain
Admin
View user profile

on Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:28 pm
come and work at my place crix......i'm in a different country for the next 7 weeks - this is either good or bad, depending on how much you like waiting around at airports and trying to work with forrins
View user profile

on Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:39 pm
It’s feckin’ awful when you get delayed / diverted

At least the holiday was good until that point

I’d follow up with a “facts” official complaint / compensation claim and leave out any commentary
View user profile

on Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:58 pm
Paul123 wrote:

I’d follow up with a “facts” official complaint / compensation claim and leave out any commentary

That’s like leaving an alcoholic in charge of the bar, and saying don’t drink Smile
View user profile

on Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:44 pm
Sounds like a great description of why I don't fly very often. It's a huge amount of stress. Also isn't part of the deal with a bedget airline that you get treated like shit?
I get why you're upset by how they treated you, but you need to state exactly and concisely what they did wrong and what you expect them to by way of compensation. Also did you inform them you were disabled before you travelled? I suspect most disabled people aboid budget airlines like the plague.
Admin
View user profile

on Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:52 pm
test
Admin
View user profile

on Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:47 pm

an immaculate DS spotted in an underground paris carpark 2 weeks ago
Admin
View user profile