Go down
View user profile

Astounded He Was...

on Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:31 pm
Had a gig for some decent people last night, so got some help from my lad to set up (he is a strong wee boy and helped his lame old man with the gear).

Anyway, all set up and working, I did some tunes and sang some songs to make sure it was all ready for later.

I sang about 4 songs to test the upper ranges and lower ranges of the speakers and what not.

Aiden sat there with hos mouth open and came up and hugged me.

I asked why?

He said "I didn't know you could sing like "that" daddy! You're amazing!" Laughing

I didn't think much of it.

But mum told me later on they were watching Britain's Got Talent and Aiden told her "Daddy should go on this, he's an amazing singer!"

No more beer for my son Laughing Laughing

I don't think I'm much cope, but I do enjoy a warble now & then. Last night, they danced to every song I sung and even applauded! It's amazing what wine,beer & gin does to people. Suffice to say, it was a great night and a really good gig. Ask Spot, a good gig is like a great night out for a DJ. Very enjoyable and you know you did it right Cool

Today, however, I was mostly ruined and slept til mid day, then, after breakfast, I slept on the sofa til around 16:00 Rolling Eyes
Admin
View user profile

Re: Astounded He Was...

on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:37 am
I suppose we are going to have to judge for ourselves.

Record yourself and upload to youtube. I would ask that you sing 'From Russia With Love'

Thank you.
View user profile

on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:47 am
Yoda .... Astounded, he was ...

ps. I can't stand Star Wars, and those sort of things ... its the Brother in law, who is obsessed by that sort of stuff, and keeps buying it for me kids .. I'm sure how, but a lot of it tends to go missing on bin day Rolling Eyes Smile
Admin
View user profile

on Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:32 pm
I still havent seen the Last Jedi. I've rear very mixed reports. I do like Star Wars but i'd say i'm more of a Trekkie.
View user profile

on Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:13 pm
MegaCrixel wrote:I suppose we are going to have to judge for ourselves.

Record yourself and upload to youtube. I would ask that you sing 'From Russia With Love'

Thank you.

My mate Rob (who is also an agent) is always trying to get me to record a few songs so he can put them on his website. His idea is to get them to pay extra for me to perform at weddings Rolling Eyes

That hasn't happened because I'm not that good that I'd want to charge. I just do it because it's a bit of fun and a wee extra surprise for folks is all.

I am not a Star Wars fan either. I've watched the odd one, but Star Trek is my big thing. The last three movies were fabulous, with the 1st one being by far the best. It's the music interspersed with the odd bee beep that adds a bit of gravitas. It gives me the colly wobbles and the heeby jeebies of excitement every time I watch it (I've watched it umpteen times). I think it's the explanation of how Kirk got his name and how they all came about to be. I love how Doc McCoy got his nick name "Wife took the whole damn planet in the divorce. All she left me was my bones!" Brilliant Very Happy

I like the Marvel series, but Thor Ragnarok was too stupid and too much stupid humour. Captain America & Iron Man get it just right, but this time it was too much and that made it pants for me.
Admin
View user profile

on Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:35 pm
I've not seen Ragnarok but yeah ive heard it's funny. I'm not sure they should be funny. The original Thor was funny....but not too funny.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum