Go down
View user profile

Bike Panniers

on Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:17 pm
I bought a pair of panniers from some Merkin, was charged a bloody fortune to ship em....

Anyhoo, they've been languishing in my garage since last year as I didn't have any mounts for them to fit the Burgman.

I saw a set on a certain site, but they were 190 quid plus 300 million extra to deliver to the island of Inverness Rolling Eyes

So I bought some flat plate and made one mount today (the other hopefully tomorrow) and attached the right side pannier and my mate who's garage I used was well impressed, as was I Embarassed

I tested it out on the run home and can safely say, in wind and pissing rain, the pannier stayed resolutely attached.

Can't wait for tomorrow to finish the left one so I can look like a proper tourer Cool

Anyhoo, that was my day Razz
View user profile

Re: Bike Panniers

on Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:55 pm

Admin
View user profile

on Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:38 pm
Stylish.
View user profile

on Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:30 pm
Typical, I post something and Lorraine comes along and hogs it with pictures of his bike with cages for Torque converter and Madein Lunnun Rolling Eyes
View user profile

on Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:53 pm

Sent from Topic'it App
View user profile

on Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:44 pm
I had those paniers on one of my bikes, and I bought the lighting kit so it had small lights all the time, and bright brake lights ....
View user profile

on Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:10 pm
LKsOK wrote:I had those paniers on one of my bikes, and I bought the lighting kit so it had small lights all the time, and bright brake lights ....

I had an old trailer board that I removed the LED lamps from. I thought about mounting them to the pannier cases, but think I will actually make removable small brackets to I can mount them to the actual brackets and simply plug them in when required. I also have a small LED fog lamp from the same board so could mount that too. Never seen a bike with a fog lamp so I'll be 1st Laughing
View user profile

on Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:31 pm
Yeah, I also added a roof box on it too, and a tow bar .... you should do that too ....

** hehehehe **

View user profile

on Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:34 pm
Way ahead of you 🤔

Tricky fitting the bed in though...

Sent from Topic'it App
View user profile

on Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:58 am
No side car?

Good job on the fabrication Doo!
View user profile

on Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:21 am
Am away to do the other side today. Hope to make a decent job of it as it's a different lower mount than the right side...

Sent from Topic'it App
View user profile

on Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:56 pm

Looks like a proper tourer now. Not everyone's cup of tea, but I love it. Wish I'd had this ten years ago.

Anyway, home made brackets for £5.... Just need to paint them now.

Sent from Topic'it App
View user profile

on Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:09 pm
No offence Andoo .... but even as a biker - it really annoys me when people try and sticker their bikes up like Police bikes ..... people will say it’s for visibility - it’s not, it’s a false sense of righteousness.

Sorry.
View user profile

on Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:31 pm
I don't give a fark what you think mate 😉 Police bikes are checked like battenberg, I've got stripes.

I'm sick fed up of (usually gleckit women) idiots pulling into my path then claiming they didn't see me. They see me now for sure. And please... Righteousness? Really? Ha ha ha, don't make me laugh, I'm hardly righteous 😅

Sent from Topic'it App
View user profile

on Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:57 pm
Doo 1 wrote:I don't give a fark what you think mate 😉

Sent from Topic'it App

Good - I didn’t expect, nor would I want you to .... Smile
View user profile

on Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:50 pm
LKsOK wrote:
Doo 1 wrote:I don't give a fark what you think mate 😉

Sent from Topic'it App

Good - I didn’t expect,  nor would I want you to .... Smile

Well that's good, we know where we stand.

As it happens, yesterday, I sat right in front of a cop car, having passed them to get onto Harbour Road. They looked at the bike and saw nothing that would have caused them a problem. They were road police too, sitting in a BMW SUV thingy waiting for cuunts... You would have been pulled immediately Mad Laughing
View user profile

on Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:15 pm
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Oh, Andoo
Admin
View user profile

on Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:35 pm
Right Andoo....I advise you NOT to complain on here IF or WHEN the police pull you regarding the stickers.
View user profile

on Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:59 pm
And what exactly are they going to say? Ello, ello, ello, wots awl this then? We are going to charge you with "being seen" sir! Can't have you sticking out and Being noticed by utter twats, can we now? Go immediately and be dark & unsafe so you can be hit by a c.unt and killed or maimed... 😐

Sent from Topic'it App
View user profile

on Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:08 pm
Doo 1 wrote:And what exactly are they going to say? Ello, ello, ello, wots awl this then? We are going to charge you with "being seen" sir! Can't have you sticking out and Being noticed by utter twats, can we now? Go immediately and be dark & unsafe so you can be hit by a c.unt and killed or maimed... 😐

Sent from Topic'it App

As entertaining as that would be - I think think it’s more likely to be .... impersonating a Police officer.

I ageee - you’ll probably not get stopped .... however I would have thought that your super duper Chinese lights would be brighter than a few stickers.

View user profile

on Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:18 pm
Haven't got any Chinese lights... Unless the halogens are made in China! My lights are on constantly, but still arseholes pull into my path or try to cut in without warning.

Before I put the stickers on, some cow in a VolksWankers (imagine?) see me coming off the roundabout as she was approaching, but even though I had right of way, was lit up and wearing my hi viz, she STILL tried to go left and force me to stop ON the roundabout! I braked and peeped the horn continuously until she Fuckin stopped 😡 She actually looked at me and threw her hands up 😮

You ride a bike Lorraine, you "know" what it's like! So the brighter you are, the more you'll stand out from further away ⚡Like a Star @ heaven🌤💥🌟🌞

Sent from Topic'it App
View user profile

on Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:08 pm
Dude .... you need to do whatever you think is right ....

However, I have a different opinion on this ....

I would never wear hi-viz jackets, put stickers on my bike, etc, etc .... for
me it’s like having learner stickers on a car - people think - new rider, will be travelling at 2 miles an hour, i’ll get in front of them.

It’s like the equivalent of driving a Fiesta ... what you want to be is a bad ass BMW ....

However - for me - no hi-viz, no stickers, etc ... the way to get respect is act like a seasoned (and slightly scary) biker ...

You lack the fear factor.

I rode 2 hours each day, for over 6 years, in the outskirts of very hectic London .... and I swear I never had that many issues.

I would lose the ‘nervous new rider’ sheet ... and try to look more menacing .... Sharon in her VolksW4nker Muff will not pull out on you if you are more scary ...

That’s just my 2 pence.

View user profile

on Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:23 pm
You had to spend a week driving/riding up here, you'll change your tune.

The real problem is the bike is mistaken for something less powerful than it actually is. So dickheads assume I'll hold them up.

The most sport I have is letting them think they've managed to pull in front of the "moped" and are congratulating themselves on preventing themselves being held up.

I let them accelerate while I go slowly up to the limit, then I press the "power" button and light her up. The look on their face when I fly past at warp 6 😁😎

Most people think 125 when they see the bike 🤔

Sent from Topic'it App
View user profile

on Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:31 pm
Why the need to look like a "slightly scary" biker?!!! What bike did you have LK?

When I see a biker (whether they look like a beginner, a leather clad sportster, or a hairy arsed Hell's Angel), I try to let them know that I have seen them; if they are coming up behind, I flick my indicators to let them overtake - when safe! Being fierce looking really doesn't seem necessary. At the end of the day any form of biker has their squidgy bits on the outside, and not inside a metal box.
View user profile

on Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:40 pm
Hugh - that’s because you are normal.

I had a few 600cc’s and 650cc bikes ....

Scary is the wrong word ..... but when i’m In the Zafira i’ll get treated differently to when i’m In the Porsche. Fact.

If people aren’t intimidated by you just a bit, some will take advantage, and others won’t compute you exist.

I genuinely think that Andoo dressing up like a mobile Lolly POP Lady is actually doing more harm than good.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum