View previous topicGo downView next topic
View user profile

Suzuki Swift 1.2

on Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:33 am

The review will be here shortly. Rental car. 2 wheel drive / air con / auto / cruise control / lights, wipers etc..

Admin
View user profile

Re: Suzuki Swift 1.2

on Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:27 am
i bet its a lot better than the Vauxhal MotherMokka i just rented
View user profile

on Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:53 am
I'm not sure if it was better than a MotherMokkaFunkyFuckker, might not have been.

I arrived at the rental place. That seemed to have the option of a Suzuki Swift in white or a Suzuki Swift in white from West Coast rentals in Australia, I only wanted the car for 2 days to make a special journey to Kangeroo Valley south of Sydney Australia to see some wild Wombats and Kangeroos.

It's not really far to get out in the sticks over there in Australia, although we had to go south on the coastal kind of dual carriage way for a while before turning inland to this place. It's kind of a famous place for Sydney people to spend the weekend. There is a massive fault, where one bit of rock (land) rises abruptly over another bit, causing water falls such as fitzroy falls.

Anyhow the car. Didn't really like it at first. Didn't understand the auto if I put my foot down too much it went in to revvy nevarna. I don't know the age of the vehicle but it had over 70K kilometers on the clock and had a good many scratches on all edges and one dent in the drivers door. Taking a sharp turn and something would grumble, but that was the only fault with it. The seating position reminded me of the Agila, upright and truck like. Obviously I still miss sitting like that.. oh well.

Good bits - Air con

Ouch on the one whole day I had in this part of the world it was over 35 degrees C at the hottest time. It had a bit like climate control, but coming to mid day it was just set on max cool and number 2 on the fan, It did keep us cool enough. At mid day it was really not an option to actually go out of the car. So really happy with this aspect of the rental for keeping us a live.

Another good bit - Auto for an Auto that is...

It had an over drive button, that could be pressed on the minor roads that prevents over drive I guess, but also seemed to give it some more rev's in gear as well as some down hill engine braking.

Bad bits.

Windscreen wipers were baked. They were more like plastic blades than rubber and we had a bit of rain.

Power the auto robs you of putting your foot down and controlling whats going on. Good away from the lights I guess.

Boot space - poorer than the Agila - which was already bad, super poor compared to the Subaru I guess. But I've never put that suit case in it.

Heated seats - none.

Economy - did around 500 km's and needed a full tank of petrol. Might have been the AC while stationary that did that.

Got some pictures for later.
View user profile

on Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:00 pm
70k! Bet it was shagged!

I remember hiring a similarly knackered Hyundai Accent auto in Sydney, and a 10 year old Toyota elsewhere from some economy rental place - nowhere else are rental cars kept for that long!

Ah, I miss Sydney - hope you had/have a good time!
View user profile

on Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:51 am

Economy rental place was more expensive for me. I spend quite a lot to get free insurance on rental cars and the flippen economy place wouldn't take it.

Flies in Australia in Summer ouch.. I mean horrible (even in downtown Sydney).

Went on another cruise to some islands around there. New Caledonian beaches (but without French girls), Fiji - not such a nice place (like India...), island nation of Tonga - think "north korean cult of personality" state.

Yeah had a great time... Rolling Eyes

View user profile

on Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:12 pm

View user profile

on Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:14 pm

View user profile

on Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:17 pm

It's a monitor lizard I think, the biggest native to Australia, I saw it wild in this Kangaroo valley area. But I found out on the internet isn't supposed to be here, more west. So someone threw away their massive pet, or are still feeding it.

View user profile

on Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:27 pm

View user profile

on Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:28 pm

Erm the beast...

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum