Share
Go down
avatar
Admin
Posts : 1633
Join date : 2016-11-14
Location : Nowwf
View user profile

Nice. Propa nice

on Fri May 18, 2018 8:55 pm
Some pics.

Proper low down and spotry. Spotry?











avatar
Posts : 657
Join date : 2016-11-10
Location : Switzerland
View user profile

Re: Nice. Propa nice

on Fri May 18, 2018 9:15 pm


The centre bit of the steering wheel is familiar.

And it's a manual.. hehe

avatar
Admin
Posts : 815
Join date : 2016-11-09
Age : 45
Location : at home
View user profile

Re: Nice. Propa nice

on Fri May 18, 2018 9:26 pm
the switchgear looks like Honda's from the 90's Shocked
avatar
Posts : 993
Join date : 2016-11-10
Location : Earth
View user profile

Re: Nice. Propa nice

on Fri May 18, 2018 10:09 pm
Interior of GT86 is also a bit shit.
avatar
Admin
Posts : 815
Join date : 2016-11-09
Age : 45
Location : at home
View user profile

Re: Nice. Propa nice

on Fri May 18, 2018 10:16 pm
its a nice looking car from the outside though........i mean....its not mould breaking and is very clearly Japanese........but its nice


but yeah, that interior.....ooof
avatar
Posts : 1718
Join date : 2016-11-13
Location : London / Surrey
View user profile

Re: Nice. Propa nice

on Fri May 18, 2018 11:01 pm
Great great little car, that’ll probably not go half as wrong as the Germans .....

Like it !!!
avatar
Admin
Posts : 1633
Join date : 2016-11-14
Location : Nowwf
View user profile

Re: Nice. Propa nice

on Sat May 19, 2018 12:14 am
Guys! You are quite quite wrong about the interior! It's simple, it's tough and durable. Ok you can't feel through the pictures but the switchgear and controls all have a lovely solid feel. I think its great in there actually. Proper low slung, proper spots seats, rifle bolt gear change...it's brill.
avatar
Posts : 1718
Join date : 2016-11-13
Location : London / Surrey
View user profile

Re: Nice. Propa nice

on Sat May 19, 2018 7:02 am
Interior wouldn’t bother me - I quite like the simplicity of a Japanese interior ....

Like the MX5 I had - when driving it, it’s perfect ....

Ok you don’t sit in it and fuss over the soft touch plastics, etc, but when you are driving, when do you do that anyway.

You don’t complain about the mantelpiece, when you’re prodding the fire
avatar
Posts : 657
Join date : 2016-11-10
Location : Switzerland
View user profile

Re: Nice. Propa nice

on Sat May 19, 2018 8:15 am


They do look good in flesh, I've seen a few of the Subaru ones. Don't remember seeing the Toyota version.

I don't think I would be getting one ever. No drop down roof, only rear wheel drive. It doesn't work for me.

avatar
Posts : 849
Join date : 2016-11-11
View user profile

Re: Nice. Propa nice

on Sat May 19, 2018 8:21 am
MR2, Celica, 300ZX etc Japanese coupes, simple but smooth styling - great!
avatar
Posts : 657
Join date : 2016-11-10
Location : Switzerland
View user profile

Re: Nice. Propa nice

on Sat May 19, 2018 8:34 am
I was just thinking to myself - it's the new Capri - it's like everything the British were first. Razz

avatar
Admin
Posts : 815
Join date : 2016-11-09
Age : 45
Location : at home
View user profile

Re: Nice. Propa nice

on Sat May 19, 2018 11:23 am
dont get me wrong, its a lovely car.....i just think it could have been a bit more spesh with a smarter interior considering whats on offer these days...everything looks like an afterthought rather than plushly fitted (like ze germans, who's interiors of the 90's were like a black slab of everything)

avatar
Posts : 807
Join date : 2016-11-10
Location : More North than Crix, less North than Norway
View user profile

Re: Nice. Propa nice

on Sat May 19, 2018 12:16 pm
I wouldn't have it, not practical enough! Needs to be an estate, like a Porsche Cayenne for instance, practical with a hatch at the back Cool

See, last week, this Thpanish couple came to buy a coffee table off me and they had a Honda saloon (it was so boring I couldn't even begin to tell you what flavour it was Rolling Eyes )

Anyhoo, "there is a prodlen!" the coffee table wouldn't fit in their car so I suggested the borrow my wife's Citroen, with it's five doors, one of them being at the rear coz it's a hatchback... See, practical!

Prodlen solved Very Happy

farking saloon cars should be banned forever, BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA.. Twisted Evil
avatar
Posts : 876
Join date : 2016-11-10
View user profile

Re: Nice. Propa nice

on Sat May 19, 2018 12:38 pm
Doo 1 wrote:I wouldn't have it, not practical enough! Needs to be an estate, like a Porsche Cayenne  for instance, practical with a hatch at the back Cool

See, last week, this Thpanish couple came to buy a coffee table off me and they had a Honda saloon (it was so boring I couldn't even begin to tell you what flavour it was Rolling Eyes  )

Anyhoo, "there is a prodlen!" the coffee table wouldn't fit in their car so I suggested the borrow my wife's Citroen, with it's five doors, one of them being at the rear coz it's a hatchback... See, practical!

Prodlen solved Very Happy

farking saloon cars should be banned forever, BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA.. Twisted Evil

You say that, but I got a double mattress in the XF a couple of months ago!

avatar
Posts : 807
Join date : 2016-11-10
Location : More North than Crix, less North than Norway
View user profile

Re: Nice. Propa nice

on Sat May 19, 2018 12:42 pm
hugh121 wrote:
Doo 1 wrote:I wouldn't have it, not practical enough! Needs to be an estate, like a Porsche Cayenne  for instance, practical with a hatch at the back Cool

See, last week, this Thpanish couple came to buy a coffee table off me and they had a Honda saloon (it was so boring I couldn't even begin to tell you what flavour it was Rolling Eyes  )

Anyhoo, "there is a prodlen!" the coffee table wouldn't fit in their car so I suggested the borrow my wife's Citroen, with it's five doors, one of them being at the rear coz it's a hatchback... See, practical!

Prodlen solved Very Happy

farking saloon cars should be banned forever, BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA.. Twisted Evil

You say that, but I got a double mattress in the XF a couple of months ago!


All very good Huge, but have you ever tried bending a coffee table in half?? Laughing
avatar
Posts : 876
Join date : 2016-11-10
View user profile

Re: Nice. Propa nice

on Sat May 19, 2018 1:08 pm
Doo 1 wrote:
hugh121 wrote:
Doo 1 wrote:I wouldn't have it, not practical enough! Needs to be an estate, like a Porsche Cayenne  for instance, practical with a hatch at the back Cool

See, last week, this Thpanish couple came to buy a coffee table off me and they had a Honda saloon (it was so boring I couldn't even begin to tell you what flavour it was Rolling Eyes  )

Anyhoo, "there is a prodlen!" the coffee table wouldn't fit in their car so I suggested the borrow my wife's Citroen, with it's five doors, one of them being at the rear coz it's a hatchback... See, practical!

Prodlen solved Very Happy

farking saloon cars should be banned forever, BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA.. Twisted Evil

You say that, but I got a double mattress in the XF a couple of months ago!


All very good Huge, but have you ever tried bending a coffee table in half?? Laughing

I used to make coffee tables, back in the day!!

The XF does benefit from folding rear seats.

Also the mattress was one of those rolled foam ones. Wouldn't fit now!!!

avatar
Admin
Posts : 1633
Join date : 2016-11-14
Location : Nowwf
View user profile

Re: Nice. Propa nice

on Sat May 19, 2018 2:56 pm
Spot, I do get ya.

I think one of the big appealing things to me is that this is NOT a German mobile. Like...many vag cars are great, I do think many new audis are very very cool....but they don't make a car like the BRZ / GT86.

Their cars are all cars on a certain platform...variations on a theme. ....where you can feel the BRZ is a unique car (well, not unique but you know what I mean)

Its probably lost toyota and Subaru loads of money as I'm sure the sales haven't been what they wanted...but I'm pleased they had the balls to do it.
avatar
Admin
Posts : 1633
Join date : 2016-11-14
Location : Nowwf
View user profile

Re: Nice. Propa nice

on Sat May 19, 2018 3:02 pm
P.S. my pics don't do it justice, it really is a pretty car...and very small and low down once you're inside. I think they've done well to get rear seats in to be honest..it's only a small car. Of course, the rear seats will only be suitable for your typical LK ot Pants type adult.
Sponsored content

Re: Nice. Propa nice

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum