Go down
View user profile

2010 Jaguar XFR - a very very fast television.

on Sat May 19, 2018 1:02 pm
Well, I collected it the other evening from a dealer in the middle of the countryside about 30 miles away. They took my old one as a PX, and gave me a fair price - about £1k higher than others. The new one is in Kaynite blue with 64k miles on the clock.

Exterior -

The colour is amazing! Kyanite metallic blue looks very different in differing light conditions. It ranges from that lovely blue of the old Saab 9-3 Aero to a cold blue / grey in the shade. It has taken a couple of days to get used to it, but I love it. The exterior styling is typical XF, with added air and bonnet vents and some nice side skirts. At the rear the quad exhausts (soon to be removed) give the other clue that it doesn't run on slippery fuel.

Interior -

As with the previous one, lots of leathery goodness throughout the interior, and a nice charcoal suede head lining. The controls are very simple in terms of layout, and haven't aged too badly in my opinion. I understand that the Mk1 interior is much nicer than the newer ones - too much plastic these days. The dash, doors and seats are covered in charcoal leather; the seats being perforated to allow the chilled seats to blow cold air up towards your breakfast. The seats are very adjustable and support many parts of the back, legs and body - even some bits I really never knew I still had.

This one has a couple more gadgets than the previous - it has illuminated foot plates on the front doors; the Jaguar brand name in a nice moody blue. In the boot there is a metal tail lip, and it has metal sports pedals to make driving more difficult when wearing running spikes. There is an electric rear blind; good for driving east bound on the M4 in the late evening, and I suppose it might be good for nighttime driving, although the rear view mirror is auto dimming. It also sports the most useless television ever; Jaguar have to adhere to current legislation, and not enable the television to work when the engine is running - just think of the chaos if, on my way home one evening, I decided to watch Pointless. It only works when the ignition is off. Fine. But the problem is that the entertainment system automatically cuts out after 10 minutes! Then, you have to turn it one once again. Strange......

With all these options the original price for the car was just short of £70000 back at the start of 2010!

Performance -

This is the strange bit. I described my previous one as brisk. This one feels mental. I'm not sure if the old one is running a little flat, or perhaps this one has been breathed on at some point. It may also be software making the throttle pedal more sensitive. Don't know. I took it along a mile long straight on a B road earlier and pressed the throttle (my son was following in the Brabus), and the gates of Hades were thrust open as the engine howled with a fir bit of super charger noise. Going up into 3rd gear (manual changes) and reapplying throttle, there was a wiggle from the rear end as the 285/30 r20s considered whether or not to throw me into a hedgerow sideways. Thankfully they didn't.

Summary -

In short it is a very comfortable, very fast, useless colour television. Now if you'll excuse me I shall watch the Royal Wedding. In 10 minute bursts.

View user profile

Re: 2010 Jaguar XFR - a very very fast television.

on Sat May 19, 2018 1:08 pm
Photos to follow!

Admin
View user profile

on Sat May 19, 2018 2:41 pm
Brilliant revhugh! (See what I did there? )

Car sounds great! Well, I mean from the review...I don't know that it sounds great....I meant your review makes it sound great - although I know it'll sound great, particularly with the new exhausts - what I meant was the review sounded great.
But saying that. ..the review didn't sound of anything as I just read it to myself in my head....you know what I mean?
So, in terms of sound...to clarify...I was meaning to say that the review *flatlines*
View user profile

on Sun May 20, 2018 6:58 am
Sounds epic Hugh.
There may be a setting that stops the TV turning off after 10 minutes?
View user profile

on Wed May 23, 2018 9:31 pm

View user profile

on Thu May 24, 2018 7:53 am
Now you just have to keep it that clean.
View user profile

on Thu May 24, 2018 10:21 pm
Indeed - next wash Saturday morning!

Tried it in Sports Dynamic mode yesterday - sure it's quicker than the old one...
View user profile

on Fri May 25, 2018 1:19 pm
That looks amazing ..
Admin
View user profile

on Fri May 25, 2018 8:04 pm
I'm now ready for some crust-burns!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum