Go down
View user profile

As Chris Spedding Sang.....

on Fri May 25, 2018 11:41 am
Motorbiking, goin long the Queens Highway lookin like a streaka lightnin.....

Laughing

I have to post on the computer before I can upload from the phone....next post some photo's Cool
View user profile

Re: As Chris Spedding Sang.....

on Fri May 25, 2018 12:05 pm
So Aiden and I went to visit a mate who lives looking over Loch Ness. I'm jealous 😭

Anyhoo, took photos. You'll note Aiden is all geared up for safety 😎

I love this bike 💞 it's a beast.

Did you know, the engine is not only based on the Hyabusa 1276cc but it is a direct copy. Suzuki engineers got the 400 Burgman out the door & were eager to make a bigger one, but the the cost of designing a new engine could have run into millions (400,000,000 Yen to be exact) so one of the engineers spotted a Hyabusa engine on a shelf and thought "Oh ho!" (Or the Japanese equivalent 😜 )

He cut it in half to make it a 2 cylinder, welded up the end and worked out the rest. The cvt gearing was pretty good already, but further redesigned with the addition of electronic controls. This is called the SECVT Suzuki Electronic Continuously Variable Transmission.

The smaller engined Burgmans have rubber drive belts, but this machine puts out over 50bhp (54 to be exact) so they needed something strong.

This is where Subaru came in! They had a small car in the mid 90's with a cvt driven by a metal & rubber belt. If this belt can manage to power a car for 100,000 miles, then a bike weighing less than a quarter of that would be just fine. And it was and is and continues to be!

So last night, when a "proper" bike followed me onto the A9 and placed himself for an overtake, he got the surprise of his life as I switched to manual gear change and annihilated him 😂😂😂😂😂

However, when he caught up at the roundabout he was gracious enough to give me a toot and a thumbs up 👍

Epic bike. Utterly utterly epic 😎💖

Sent from Topic'it App
View user profile

on Fri May 25, 2018 1:17 pm
Good pics
Admin
View user profile

on Fri May 25, 2018 10:37 pm
Great pics. Ride safe.
View user profile

on Fri May 25, 2018 10:55 pm
MegaCrixel wrote:Great pics. Ride safe.

Last night on the way to & from Loch Ness, Aiden was going mad at me for going at 40mph most of the way back.

However, the roads we took are twisty and turney and not for the first time I met an asshole in a car come flying round the blind bend.

Lucky I was the sensible one and was already traveling at a speed which afforded me the time to brake and avoid....

However, once on the A9 I gave it a blast and blew the "proper" bike into next week, ha ha ha.

But I hear you Crix, sensible head on while biking as I totally get we are mushy and I have been through so much pain I wouldn't care to repeat it, ever again! Mad
Admin
View user profile

on Sat May 26, 2018 12:10 am
so gay.............so so gay

View user profile

on Sat May 26, 2018 12:13 am
Ha ha ha, sure.

Tell you what spot jump on the back with me and we'll see which one is the gayest shall we? 😂😂

I'd put money on it you'd be the one screaming like Jock that time I took him for a spin in the XK8 and he came back sobbing 😂

Sent from Topic'it App
Admin
View user profile

on Sat May 26, 2018 12:17 am
yeah see....as my brother nearly lost his life on a scooter, i think i'd rather dock my penis to a 240v cable and flip the breaker than ride as a passenger on that reflect-o-bike

not for me, 4 wheels is where its always and will remain to be........
View user profile

on Sat May 26, 2018 12:22 am
Spot wrote:yeah see....as my brother nearly lost his life on a scooter, i think i'd rather dock my penis to a 240v cable and flip the breaker than ride as a passenger on that reflect-o-bike

not for me, 4 wheels is where its always and will remain to be........

That's a fair point. However, much as I like to rave about the fact this bike goes like a bat out of hell, I still tend to lean on the side of safe.

Like I said before, I have been up close and personal with death and pain & I am not a fan of either.

It's not the speed or the power that gets my danglies zinging, it's the freedom.

LK knows what I mean. A bike is a bit like a helicopter, it transports you places in such a fashion that it gets addictive king
View user profile

on Sat May 26, 2018 6:49 am
Never been in a helicopter.
View user profile

on Sat May 26, 2018 6:58 am
^^^^^^ sorry, still had TP mode on.

Yep, I know what you mean - it does get under your skin - just talking about bikes now makes me want one.

It’s pure freedom .... so so much different to a car which still doesn’t feel quite the same.

On the safety front - it’s a hard one - not once in my bike did I feel unsafe, and not once did I haven a problem - but of course it happens.

Rightly or wrongly - i’ve spent my life (pushbikes mostly) on 2 wheels, and you do get a kinda 6th sense of what to look out for ... that’s not to say that after having kids I became a lot more aware that the more time you spent on a bike, the more likely you are to have an accident .

However, my argument is that I was more likely to give myself a heart attack by spending my life in traffic in a car, than I was to have a serious accident.

My brother rides a £15k Ducati across Lincolnshire everyday, and has a GSXR track bike - now that feels a bit more risky - and there isn’t that much traffic, so it’s purely for the fun of it.
View user profile

on Sat May 26, 2018 7:27 am
Not sure I'd trust myself on a motorbike and Mrs Teeps definately wouldn't.
However Cycling has definately saved me from becoming a lard arse.
View user profile

on Sat May 26, 2018 8:48 am
Having ridden this bike to Aberdeen a few times, I can safely say it is not only comfy, but it soaks up the miles easily so you are still fresh. If you come up behind something slow, you can pass it very quickly by either pressing the "power" button or switching to manual gear change and drop a couple of cogs. The thing takes off like a scalded rat and can get you in trouble with the law in seconds...

You should consider one LK, seriously. They are amazing in the wet so long as you are moving forward, you stay pretty dry! Some decent tyres (Bridgestone designed the original pair back in the day, 14" rear 15" front) and she'll handle like a race bike. Go road test one. You'll be hooked 😉 The load space under the seat is big enough for two helmets and there's cubby holes galore.

Tell me when you've bought one 😍

Sent from Topic'it App
View user profile

on Sat May 26, 2018 8:52 am
Doo 1 wrote: Go road test one. You'll be hooked 😉 The load space under the seat is big enough for two helmets

Seriously - TP2 and Crix ??? Razz
Admin
View user profile

on Sat May 26, 2018 9:00 am
Bikes are a funny one with me. Growing up, i wasn;t interested at all despite my step-dad always having bikes.

Then like....suddenly when i was like...i dunno...25? I suddenly got really into it and started to become a bit of a bike anorak as im a car anorak. I did my CBT and got a 2004 Honda CG125 which i loved....i loved the simplicity of it. However...i quickly wanted to move onto a proper bike but that meant i needed to do the 'proper test' and get a next level bike...and as is usual for me...funds were tight....so i sold the bike..... and got a Peugeot 306!

Some time later i got a 125 scooter (a SYM Euro MX125) which was actually much quicker than the bike! But i never acutally used it! (i rode it a few times etc but never officially etc) and ended up selling it.
I still stayed into bikes and followed a few blogs on youtube but gradually my interest wained again.
Id like to do it again but i do think more of the safety aspect. I remember whenever i was on the Honda in the rain or damp, i really didn't like it, felt like the bike would slip under me at any time. That would improve with more experience though. In the dry however you could wring it's neck as it had so little 'go' and have some fun.
View user profile

on Sat May 26, 2018 9:09 am
Rain is a pain, but the Burgman AN650 has ABS, so you're pretty safe in most conditions. But slowing down is the best bet and having stickers all over mine as a good decision as most folk tell me that can see me from way back.

Syms get a decent review, but anyone who tries a Burgman stays with a Burgman. The reason I got the 650 was that I loved the 125 but needed something with enough grunt to pull my massive arse and my son aswell.

Out of all the bikes I've ever had, this is the one I like the best.

Sent from Topic'it App
View user profile

on Sat May 26, 2018 9:40 am
Cool another member has a Subaru be it a bit of one.

Love the pictures. Yeah it's real freedom to be able to be out in that countryside. The hardest step is getting out the door the rest is easy. Razz

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum