Go down
View user profile

Too Hot apparently

on Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:33 pm
After spending an hour in the garden today the boys came inside. Too hot for them, Benjamin was a sweaty mess. Anyway come 8pm I got out on the bike and it was perfect. 25 miles watching the sun go down, still warm but very pleasant.
I love the summer.

Oh and I'm drinking again, on a school night!
View user profile

Re: Too Hot apparently

on Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:54 am

25 miles. That's some mileage.

Summer is my favorite too, love going up becoming a sweaty mess, taking a shower and going back to work - all over lunch. It's like work - what's that. hehe.

Down side is I'm here (at work) at 6.20 am.

Admin
View user profile

on Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:50 am
Another hot one this morning!

We've definitely had better / warmer weather so far this year. Pleased the A/C works in the Picasso, it really does make a difference to the comfort/mood of those inside when going somehwhere all together.
This may be normal to you all but i've had more cars without A/C (or working A/C) than working so it's still a bit of a luxury to me!
View user profile

on Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:27 am
The aircon in the Focus didn't work after the first year so I've had 6 years without it. It's nice to be in a car where it does work. Of course it works in the Toyota but then so does everything else.
Ride to work was pleasant today. Ride home may be a bit hot.
View user profile

on Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:49 am
The Vectra's air con works to an extent, but when it's hot like this, it doesn't get cold, just takes the intensity out of the heat.

They say it's going to be a decent couple of weeks - I'm in Benidorm next week so probably won't be too much difference between there and the UK.

Apparently it was raining in Sunny Beach, Bulgaria yesterday.
Admin
View user profile

on Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:56 am
Aahhhhh Benidorm!

I went on two lads holidays there in 2001 and 2002, i think. Good times.

Would i go back?

Well, yes i would actually, i'd be sure to want a quieter area now with the family etc. Some areas are fine when you are on a lads holiday...but not now with the missus and 2 young kids.

FF - are you going with the msisus and little'uns? There's Aqualandia water park and Terra Mitica Theme park. There's also Mundomar which was a kinda zoo type place. All a short drive out of Benidorm.

If you know all this, just ignore.
View user profile

on Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:53 pm
Thanks for the recommendations, but I'm going with a "mini-group" of 5 lads, who are meeting up with some other "mini-groups" out there - so I'll be there with a group of 30 or so raving Leeds United fans. I'm sure they'll all be out there to enjoy the peace and tranquillity. Laughing First time abroad and first time flying, so should be an experience whatever happens! At my current rate I only go abroad every 32 years, so at least I have until 2050 to decide where in the world I want to go next. Very Happy
Admin
View user profile

on Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:03 pm
first flight? bloody hell.

i average 4 flights a month at the moment Crying or Very sad
View user profile

on Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:09 pm
I hope they’re letting you collect the Avios spot

FF sounds dangerous - Leeds United pre season friendly in Benidorm?
Admin
View user profile

on Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:12 pm
avois........on easyjet and Ireland's favourite airline Lying-air?

hah
View user profile

on Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:37 pm
Spot wrote:first flight? bloody hell.

i average 4 flights a month at the moment Crying or Very sad

Mainly around Europe I'm guessing? Our lass's mate took her daughter on her first flights last year - Australia and back! Not bad for an 8-year-old.

Paul123 wrote:I hope they’re letting you collect the Avios spot

FF sounds dangerous - Leeds United pre season friendly in Benidorm?

No football involved other than watching the World Cup. Smile It's a thing they do annually that I've been roped into on this occasion!! I hear the England fans are causing chaos out there at the moment.
Admin
View user profile

on Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:33 pm
Enjoy the trip FF!

First time abroad and first time flying.....and it's a lads holiday to Benidorm.....talk about going in at the deep end!

Anyway, enjoy and try not to catch rabies, scabies, typhus, or ebola.

Beach is great, multiple cheap/tacky horrible bars (but who cares if you're drunk) the other stuff as mentioned.

Look out for either the Palm Courts Apartments near the main 'strip' or the erm...i can't remember the other hotel we went to...but it was near the McDonalds at the North end of the beach. Tropic Mar. That was it.

Have fun and be safe.
View user profile

on Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:54 pm
Always. Wink lol. Thanks.
View user profile

on Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:21 pm
Have the prostitutes left Magaluf yet and headed to Benidorm? If so stay well away
Admin
View user profile

on Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:09 pm
Plenty of "sucky sucky 5 dollar" in Beni last time IIRC!

(we walked on by, obvously)

At this point FF is thinking...."shiiiiiitt"

It's an experience! Deal with it!
Admin
View user profile

on Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:11 pm
Funnily enough the Benidorm thing is quite apt...as i found a load of old photos from the Benidorm trips yesterday. I may post up on here.
View user profile

on Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:14 pm
Oh I've heard all the stories from when the lads went last year!! Lots involving Coco Chanel. An experience, though.. right? Wink

Get 'em posted. :p
Admin
View user profile

on Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:17 pm
When we were there, Sticky Vicky was still going. I gather she has retired now? She looked ancient back in 2001!

That was an experience.
View user profile

on Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:33 pm
MegaCrixel wrote:When we were there, Sticky Vicky was still going. I gather she has retired now? She looked ancient back in 2001!

That was an experience.

Ha ha ha, wow! My mate was telling me about Sticky Vicky when he was there a few years ago. He said she was quote: "Fuckin rank!" Laughing Laughing

My 1st flight was to Brisbane. Arrived 06:00 and it was already warm... Spent 20 minutes in the toilets wondering why the taps wouldn't work no matter which one I turned!

Ha! As it happened, the handle needed to be "lifted" to allow water to flow Rolling Eyes Clown! Anyway, after a shower and a shave, I walked out the doors at around 08:30 and it was already 35 deg C Embarassed

The worst bit is queueing and removing shit off your person at security. Once through, go buy water and a little snack. No point running for the queue to get aboard even though stupid people actually do! take as little as possible so you can get away with on board luggage. That way, once off the plane, you're away Wink

If you pee a lot, sit on the isle seat. If you can hold it, get a window seat. When taking off, the plane goes trundle trundle trundle WHOOOOOOOOOOSH!!! It's exhilarating Cool

You may get a little rough air so expect the odd dip and sudden lift, leaving your belly doing somersaults. However, the approach to landing will be something to behold as the plane feels like it's falling out of the sky. Best bet is when you feel it starting to drop, tense your stomach muscles to stop you spewing. You'll soon get the hang of it.

Make sure your Passport is within easy reach and store your plane ticket with it.

Don't trust the safes in your room, rather hide you passport in plain sight. Your used underwear is prolly best Laughing

Do NOT believe a word any of the sellers tell you, ignore the holy fuuck out of the guys trying to pull you into any bars or restaurants because that means they aren't that great. Good ones don't need some fanny telling you how good they are. Hide your money in separate pockets so if you get dipped, they will only get a quarter of it. Better still, stuff your wallet into the front of your pants. And don't get so pissed that you forget where you're staying. Maybe write it on the back of your hand for the 1st few days.

Have a great time Cool Very Happy
Admin
View user profile

on Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:36 am
Yes to the last bits FF - we fell for a couple of the nice lasses giving us the cards to bars etc, a couple of those we though, oh, ok, ad went in...and they were empty. It was just like the Inbetweeners movie.

Yes to stuffing money in different places.

Beware - on one of the days (daytime) we wandered very slightly out of the main main bit, to a quieter streety bit - which was still busy, but less so. Some women came up to us (mixture of old and youngish) - thinking back, they were very clever. They were talking to us and like...holding our hands, turning us around etc...but thinking back,, it was genius - it was all distraction techniques, they were feeling for stuff in our pockets etc. It was really cleverly done actually as you couldn't tell at all. But we got wise to it and got rid of them - so just watch yourself FF. Im sure if the other lads have been a few times ,they'll know about this stuff.
They didn't get my wallet as i districtly remember i had it stuffed in the front of my pants. I wouldn't have minded if she'd felt for it there but she didn't.
View user profile

on Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:47 am
Thanks for the advice, guys. Smile I've been warned about the prostitutes and guys selling drugs... thinking about it the place sounds like a real dive. Laughing

Last I heard it was Sticky Vicky's daughter carrying on the family trait?
Admin
View user profile

on Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:00 am
There are good bits and bad bits mate. I hasn't got the best reputation around...justifiably i think...but some bits are perfectly fine Smile

The 'old' Beniorm at the bottom end is quite nice! With older style buildings and churches etc, you can see what the place used to be like before it all went crazy with the expansion etc.

It was my first time away with mates...i remember getting there on the first day, feeling the heat hit you as you walked off the plane....got to hotel (eventually)....walked down to the beach, got in the water, turned around and i distinctly remember seeing loads of tits. Tits on show everywhere. Many very nice. We had arrived...and all was well with the world. And that was all that mattered. The rest of the fortnight was a blur!
View user profile

on Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:33 pm
Crix that’s beautiful
Admin
View user profile

on Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:38 pm
Thank you Smile
View user profile

on Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:40 pm
hehe

Flights and Spain - once I took a flight to the UK, my wife was with me. Anyway this quite nice young girl was in the aisle seat. I was in the middle seat. She was from Spain I remember. Anyway plane landed and the aisle soon piled up with people and I decided to sit in on the aisle seat, I soon got up again as it felt a bit wet. I was exiting through the ramps and stuff and spotted the girl, said hello, I think I remember but she was wearing a skirt and not the trousers I was sure she was wearing earlier. Anyway.... you know what those airplane seats are like now. hehehe
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum