View user profile

Re: Still want a Range Rover?

on Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:39 pm
Yup
View user profile

on Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:52 pm
Yep ....

Two amazing cars outside the office today - Range Rover Sport SVR, and Merc E63 AMG S.

Both I would have !!!
View user profile

on Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:35 pm
The most unreliable part of my Range Rover is me...then the EAS, which dicks about but I think it's the front left sensor causing issues.

My Mercedes was super amazing reliable Very Happy
View user profile

on Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:53 pm
As long as the main purpose of these cars is status symbols then they will be able to get away with poor reliability. After all when people keep buying them why put the time and money into making them reliable.
View user profile

on Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:23 pm
I think that in the whole though, reliability (of new cars) isn’t the problem it used to be ...

Firstly, even an ‘unreliable new car’ actually is quite reliable compared to 20 years ago.

Secondly, issues rarely cause actual brakedown these days

Lastly, new car dealers bent over backwards these days to make sure you have a loan car, and are not too inconvenienced ...

So, unreliable cars whilst under warranty are no big deal .... however, what has changed is that unreliable cars out of warranty are a much bigger risk than they used to be.

FOR SALE - white BMW M330i convertible Laughing
View user profile

on Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:31 pm
LKsOK wrote:I think that in the whole though, reliability (of new cars) isn’t the problem it used to be ...

Firstly, even an ‘unreliable new car’ actually is quite reliable compared to 20 years ago.

Secondly, issues rarely cause actual brakedown these days

Lastly, new car dealers bent over backwards these days to make sure you have a loan car, and are not too inconvenienced ...

So, unreliable cars whilst under warranty are no big deal .... however, what has changed is that unreliable cars out of warranty are a much bigger risk than they used to be.

FOR SALE - white BMW M330i convertible Laughing

MOst Jaguar dealers have at least a 6 week waiting list for a courtesy car!

View user profile

on Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:47 pm
Is that the same if you have a new car under warranty??

I’ve got a sneaking suspicion that the reason you and I are made to wait, is that their ‘best’ customers, who buy or lease new cars from them, automatically get priority .... and the drivers of the older cars, who’ll probably never actually be business to them, are shoved down the pecking order ...

Dealers are very cut throat these days - and they want the repeat lease and new car business .... and they really couldn’t care less if the likes of us who happen to own one of ‘their’ cars has to wait
Admin
View user profile

on Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:08 am
When i was at Ford (yes, not premium brand but still) it was a busy dealer and the aftersales procedure was clear - retail - get it booked in! - warranty - put it off.
View user profile

on Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:15 am
Yes, I doubt it's got much to do with how well the dealer looks after you when you RR or other premium car breaks down and everything to do with the fact that owning one makes you look and feel like your doing better than other people.
View user profile

on Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:52 am
A lot of Nissans and Mercedes in that list.

Would still love a Range Rover!

Still think you're best off buying old bangers, though. No point in spending over a grand as all cars will break eventually anyway... Wink
Admin
View user profile

on Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:25 pm
My philiosophiliolphuly exactly!
View user profile

on Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:01 pm
Whoever buys my Rangey if I sell it will have a book full of stamps to show it has been well looked after. A folder full of receipts too. Not to mention the fact it is in stunning condition for it's age. Several people have commented about the lack of rust and the beautiful paintwork. It's all about washing, polishing and servicing. If I see a car with filthy front wheels, I know the engine is also going to be shit. End of. People who can't wash the brake dust off are 99% unlikely to be too worried about changing oil or replacing bits until they actually fall off or break down. Then it's cheapest of the cheap and a half arsed mechanic Rolling Eyes
View user profile

on Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:00 pm
I disagree about dirty wheels meaning poor servicing. My father rarely washes his car but it is always serviced on the button.
View user profile

on Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:19 pm
You misunderstand, I mean those cars with wheels so filthy that the brake disc dust is starting to rust, discolouring the wheels to such an extent that the car needs crushed....
View user profile

on Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:32 pm
Oh. I've never seen a car that bad before.
Admin
View user profile

on Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:56 pm
i'm in camp teeps

no wait, that sounded like i'm balls deep in teeps, who is gay

but what i mean is, the RR is a hideous lump of shite, its a status symbol for people that are doing moderately well and want to prove it to others........my boss for example.......he has the latest model with every conceivable extra (including those electric steps that come out from underneath) - he told us he only bought a RR so that it would look good against other companies that do the same thing as us......total vanity and very much keeping up with the jones's

twat
View user profile

on Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:54 pm
Spot wrote:i'm in camp teeps

no wait, that sounded like i'm balls deep in teeps, who is gay

but what i mean is, the RR is a hideous lump of shite, its a status symbol for people that are doing moderately well and want to prove it to others........my boss for example.......he has the latest model with every conceivable extra (including those electric steps that come out from underneath) - he told us he only bought a RR so that it would look good against other companies that do the same thing as us......total vanity and very much keeping up with the jones's

twat

What about me with my 18 year old lump of shite that is epic for towing and winters in e' heilans?? Laughing Laughing
View user profile

on Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:59 pm
If I had RR money - i’d buy a Bentley Continental GT - epic !!!
Admin
View user profile

on Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:58 pm
doo, yours is old, its different.

LK, you would do well in your current set with that, however, its a bit 'indian property developer'
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum