View previous topicGo downView next topic
Admin
View user profile

2015 65 Citroen C1 1.0 Flair 5dr s/s

on Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:21 pm
This is a review of my cousins 2015 C1 1.0 Flair S/S 5dr.

I drove this car immediately after the 107 which was intentional as i wanted to see what differences they'd done.

The car is on the same platform and is essentially the same car, same engine, gearbox etc, just different bodywork and interior.
To be honest i was very impressed with the overall drive.

They have definitely worked on refinement. The 107 always feels like a budget car. Road noise, wind noise, firm ride, it feels, and is, basic.

This car is probably very little or no more advanced underneath (i think it has a different rear axle)..but they've worked on refinement. The biggest change is the ride, it's easily....25% smoother than SWMBOs 107. Maybe more. This will IMO make it better as a city car over the speed bumps and potholes etc. There's a definite plushness to the ride that just isn't there in the 107.

Road and wind noise is probably...10-20% improved too. It's not amazing but it just makes it feel...more like a more substantial car. The 107 feels like a city car as you drive along...this feels like a small, 'normal' car.

The gearchange is similar...but slightly better. A bit smoother, a bit..nicer. Ok, maybe comparing a nearly new car against a 75k 9 year old car isn't fair but it's definitely a bit better.

The steering however..is not better. I dont know why, but it's even lighter than the 107. The 107 is light enough, i dont know why they've made this even lighter, it's too light now with pretty much no feel. It's a bit better around the corners where you can feel the road..but on the straight ahead and slight turns...it's just like a turny thing that has no connection to the road.

Body control. This has actually been.....much reduced. Because the 107 is so...tight and firm....with no slack and little comfort...the body always feels...in one piece. The much more comfortable C1 has lost quite a lot of this. I went on a twisty bit of road and...whilst there isn't really any more body roll than before...the car has a 'wallowyness' to it. You can feel the car like....moving around on it's springs. This is quite fun in a way...and quite...unpleasant in others. It corners fine, similar to the 107...but when you are coming up to the bends and coming out of them..the car kinda....bounces and shimmies around. It's not bad....it's just...quite different. A trade off for the more comfy ride i suppose.

Engine - you can tell it's the same unit. It sounds, feels and goes in a very similar way. It actually sounds a bit nicer from the drivers seat. I think its because the other noises are lower, you sense more of a growl from the engine, it's nice. Performance is veeery similar. I couldn't really tell if it felt faster or slower. It just seemed a bit smoother, along with the nicer gearchange.

Clutch - the same....and thats not a good thing. Light and with a very vague biting point. I think they are all like this and i've never liked it much. I like a nice clear biting point!

I didn't notice anything about the brakes so i'm guessing they must have been..ok neither amazing or bad.

Interior - the C1 is slightly bigger than the 107, but i think that's mainly made from the bigger exterior shape/overhangs etc.

If anything, the front cabin felt a little bit smaller than before...but it's probably because of the thicker door cards and central console.

It looks and feels a bit better than the 107...but you can tell it's been built to a budget as the quality of the materials are pretty much the same. The speedo and rev counter etc look more modern etc.

The seats were better though. I think they are the same basic seats underneath. but now have a bit more side support and nicer material, felt a step up.

BUT!! These more thickly padded seats....have reduced legroom in the back! I think both legroom and headroom has been reduced slightly compared to th 107 (but it was still better than the A1 from the other day)

Boot area - much improved. The boot itself is only a little bit bigger...so it's still small....but the opening is much better as the parcel shelf is compeltely attached to the boot, so it moves completely out of the way leaving a much better opening. This is a good improvement as we rarely use the 107 boot due to the narrow access and just put stuff on the back seat. This new design would mean you use the boot much more.

The boot lid was also more substantial feeling to use (even though its still only really a pane of glass with a handle!)

Overall....i was probably suprised how much more refined it was. I knew it would be...but considering it's very much the same car as the 107, it felt quite different. To someone who isn't too concerned with how a car 'handles', they would quite right in saying it's a huge improvement, 'cos in many ways it is. But me being me....i see the bi-products of the improved comfort and in that area...it's a step back.

Day to day though...probably much nicer to live with.
View user profile

Re: 2015 65 Citroen C1 1.0 Flair 5dr s/s

on Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:59 am
Let me get this straight ?!

Your wife and your cousin are the same person ??
Admin
View user profile

Re: 2015 65 Citroen C1 1.0 Flair 5dr s/s

on Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:12 am
44464ecbd85f58fb74e931b74320e093a78e3a5eb48061b2c0d2ab971a3803e1
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum