Go down
Admin
View user profile

Low rider.....

on Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:06 pm
...picked up x12 FOC 2x2 foot concrete slabs.

I think the car was probably over its max recommended payload...

View user profile

Re: Low rider.....

on Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:42 pm
Petrol used to collect some free slabs - £3

Repairing your broken suspension - priceless !!!

Admin
View user profile

on Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:36 pm
But...my car is a diesel! :O
View user profile

on Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:40 pm
You're lucky you didn't get pulled. Well overloaded I'd say. Also good job you didn't need to do an emergency stop!
View user profile

on Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:49 am
A little over loaded, but I expect it has French style soft suspension?

And yes, I think an emergency stop would be interesting / dangerous!

I did my first one in the Jag at 4am yesterday morning. I took Joe to the airport for an early flight. Driving back I was driving across the moors (Somerset Levels). A little rabbit started to cross the road ahead, and then decided to stop in the middle of the road. I was doing about 80 leptons at the time and stood on the brakes. Luckily no paving slabs in the back, but the stopping force meant that some coins that had dropped under my seat hit the footwell. Net gain £2.10, covering the cost of braking and then speeding up again!

View user profile

on Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:13 am
Crix doesn’t go fast enough for an emergency stop to be an issue
View user profile

on Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:56 am
Smile

Sometimes an emergency coast if the MPG reading is too low

Laughing Laughing
Admin
View user profile

on Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:33 am
Haha, i LOL'D at that Paul / LK.

"Emergency Coast, i like it"

(even though coasting decreases mpg! but lets not spoil the humour)

Yes, it was a bit much. Thing is though....when we are all in....with a boot full of luggage...the car would be low too...but maybe not that low. But yeah.

Hugh - sadly not - the ride is reasonable but it's not particularly soft, kinda..normal, i'd say. More recent Citroens such as the Cactus and new shape C3 have gone a bit softer again, which is nice in a Citroeny way.

Re heavy loads, I am reminded of when i used to work at VW, my mate had ordered a whole load of ceramic floor tiles from B&Q for his house (some end of line deal i think). I was orginally going to be able to use the Crafter to get them but it had to go out...so it would be a Caddy..hmm Caddy might do it..but it's a bit small...still...we had 2 Caddys...a 1.9tdi and a 2.0 non turbo diesel....there was only one available....yep...the 2.0 (69bhp and 103lb/ft)

We worked out that we loaded 750kgs of tiles in the back of that thing, it barely moved! BUT!!!! I've just googled and apparently the max payload of it was 819kg? So thats ok? But it was scraping the floor and really struggled. That was an extremely smooth drive back to his both to conserve momentum and prevent crackages of the new shiny tiles.

Just worked out thats a bhp/tonne of 32.5!

Last edited by MegaCrixel on Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user profile

on Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:58 pm
That’s impressive bhp / ton Crix

That picture reminded me of picking up loads of bags of shingle / stone in the old Almera... It wasn’t until I’d loaded it all in it occurred to me that’s a lot of stone!! Was an interesting drive back, acceleration had never quite been so sloooooooow
View user profile

on Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:32 pm
The Impreza is supposed to be able to tow 1500 kg's... hopefully not up a hill. hehe

One time on a hilly section 2 people in the Impreza (high range which is normal) I tried to accelerate in 1st out of this admittedly steep bit of road and the engine engaged then slowed then the road was a bit less steep and I was able to accelerate. Never happened like that in the Agila that thing would spin the front wheels in first as I did once going up a seriously steep road in 1st where I had to stop then go. I had to drop back and make run up at that section.
Admin
View user profile

on Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:01 pm
I've got the solution to your Impreza Mogs.

An engine transplant from Hughs Jeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag!

Impreza 5.0 Supercharged V8? Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrsssssssssssss!
View user profile

on Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:54 pm

I really think it could take the extra power of the Jag engine.

I did have the option of buying a second hand convertible ford mustang V8. But he told me it's well over 1000 pounds a year to tax it (more than 2000 chf). Wife refused - so I got the 1.6 litre.

hehe

View user profile

on Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:34 pm
See when I load George, she sags a bit...until I fire her up. Then the EAS kicks in and she lifts her lardy arse right back up again.

Anyhoo, it looks like Spot had a leg in the footwell there Crix Shocked

Razz
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum