Go down
View user profile

School Holidays

on Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:39 pm
So, since they went on holiday (last day was 30th June) Aiden has been several hundred miles on the back of the bike.

Yesterday, we went to Ullapool, visited my friends Cafe, had some nosh, then went north/east to Bonar Bridge via Ardmair, Drummunie, Elphin, Ledbeg, Ledmore, Oykel Bridge, Rosehall, Atlass, Inveran, Invershin, Culrain to Bonar & over The Bridge, Ardgay, Tain, Scotsburn, Alness to Skiach petrol station then A9 back to Inversmell....

We covered just over 160 miles and I don't mind admitting I am utterly fucked today Embarassed

Tomorrow I'm at a friends wedding so Sunday or Monday looking good for another long run.

Man I love that bike and the fact that Aiden loves it too is double brilliant. He's going to have some tales to tell when he goes back to school. Planning a scrap book and print the phone photo's to stick in it and short sentences to describe the picture Cool

Something to look back on with fondness when he's all grown up and I'm long gone study
View user profile

Re: School Holidays

on Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:52 pm
160 miles on your bike .... that’s hard core.

I swear that every mile on the bike is the same as 5 in a car, due to effort it takes to ride one, the concentration, etc, etc.

So that’s the equivalent of 800 miles .... so like from driving from your house back to civilisation Laughing
View user profile

on Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:18 pm
Tried to follow your route on google maps but couldn't do it.

I did 10 km's and 400 metres vertical today without breakfast - only a fancy coffee milk drink and some nuts. I thought I was doing well but I was full 10 minutes longer than normal. I'm sure I was burning fat, but it's not as good as burning food. hehe

View user profile

on Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:44 pm
LKsOK wrote:160 miles on your bike .... that’s hard core.

I swear that every mile on the bike is the same as 5 in a car, due to effort it takes to ride one, the concentration, etc, etc.

So that’s the equivalent of 800 miles .... so like from driving from your house back to civilisation Laughing

Actually if I got on my bike and went towards civilisation I would end up going a lot farther. I'd like to do Lisbon, Portugal, but will try to build up miles and do Kaunas, Lithuania.

Could do Newcastle to Amsterdam (300 quid return on the bike) then overland to Kaunas. 992 miles so a bit epic, but so worth the lifetime trip. I think I could do 300 or so miles per day on good roads, or perhaps 500 on motorways. You'd need to stop every 100 miles for a stretch and a coffee. Very Happy

You still got a bike LK?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum