Go down
View user profile

End of term....

on Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:44 am
Well, school's out for the summer! 6 weeks of not much. I have almost no plans at all - may do some decorating, but we shall see....

I'm knackered! Taking on the Head of House role has been very interesting; this on top of a full teaching timetable. Next year is much better, with more time to run the house. My school is in a deprived area - the constituency that we cater for has the second lowest uptake of higher / further education in the UK! We are the only "Good" rated school in the area and growing very quickly. This all brings some very interesting episodes!

Last night we had a staff get together - very interesting to see all the staff getting sh1t faced - I was driving, so was able to observe. One of my house tutors was wearing a very short part of shorts; the Head was certainly impressed....

So, I have a couple f minor things to sort on the Jag (TPMS related), and a door handle for the Brabus!! May do some long drives too...

View user profile

Re: End of term....

on Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:57 am

I love those short pants where you can see the butt cheeks.

hehehe.... 6 weeks off in the middle of summer - I bet your loving it. I would drop that extra role you have, sounds hard work - unless you get that good reward feeling - don't know what that is but anyway.

I gave up with TPMS light - it's on in the summer hopefully it will go off in the winter - just have to explain that to the police if they ever stop me.

I'm off to England in a bit hope the weather is still good.

View user profile

on Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:06 am
Mogs wrote:
I love those short pants where you can see the butt cheeks.

Not just the butt cheeks - you could see the clenching!

View user profile

on Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:37 am
6 weeks of 3 kids bouncing off the walls...
View user profile

on Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:48 pm
Kids finished yesterday
Heading off tonight for a few days, back Tuesday night
Then off for 2 weeks early August

2020 I’m hoping to take the whole summer off and head to Oz or NZ with the kids for 6 weeks
View user profile

on Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:08 pm
Surely you are mistaken .... teachers don’t get a holiday, they have to work through their holidays ... Rolling Eyes
View user profile

on Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:13 pm
Our lad has been off two weeks already, Scottish schools always have different dates.

As for TPMS, sometimes they play up when the pressure difference is 6 to 10 psi between the hardest tyre and the softest one. The system "thinks" there is a puncture so starts warning of such. The best time to test the pressures is obviously cold, but this too can affect the TPMS monitors!
View user profile

on Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:11 pm
Doo 1 wrote:Our lad has been off two weeks already, Scottish schools always have different dates.

As for TPMS, sometimes they play up when the pressure difference is 6 to 10 psi between the hardest tyre and the softest one. The system "thinks" there is a puncture so starts warning of such. The best time to test the pressures is obviously cold, but this too can affect the TPMS monitors!

I checked the pressures at the petrol station the other day, just tomato sure it's not my pump.

Went for a spin up the motorway, but they still show warnings. The warning rotates between all tyres / clears, then plays up again etc etc. Had it on my first XF. That was sorted with a software update. Failing that it could be the module.

View user profile

on Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:12 pm
LKsOK wrote:Surely you are mistaken .... teachers don’t get a holiday, they have to work through their holidays ... Rolling Eyes

some do, some don't. I don't need to this summer!

Admin
View user profile

on Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:00 pm
Tomato sure, I like it.
View user profile

on Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:19 am
hugh121 wrote:
Doo 1 wrote:Our lad has been off two weeks already, Scottish schools always have different dates.

I checked the pressures at the petrol station the other day, just tomato sure it's not my pump.

Went for a spin up the motorway, but they still show warnings. The warning rotates between all tyres / clears, then plays up again etc etc. Had it on my first  XF. That was sorted with a software update. Failing that it could be the module.

Could be an update. Jaguar like to confuse issues with voltage wanderings so I can't see why an update isn't in the offing. Wink
View user profile

on Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:15 pm

https://www.tpmsbypass.com/

I might give them a call tomorrow from work - I'm really sick of TPMS.

Admin
View user profile

on Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:37 pm
I am going to be working whilst all the little shitheads are off school... Which is fine, roads aren't clogged up by parents ferrying their little gimps around (we used to walk to school every day, 2 miles each way)

I'm away for 6 weeks soon, all over France, Belgium, luxumberg, all driving
View user profile

on Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:20 pm
Spot wrote:I am going to be working whilst all the little shitheads are off school... Which is fine, roads aren't clogged up by parents ferrying their little gimps around (we used to walk to school every day, 2 miles each way)

I'm away for 6 weeks soon, all over France, Belgium, luxumberg, all driving

Driving what ??
View user profile

on Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:26 pm
I'm off next week, then back to the grind.
View user profile

on Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:23 pm
It's absolutely amazing the difference it makes on the roads in the morning - even at 7:30am. I guess parents have to take time off so it isn't just school run traffic, but it is lovely going in during the school holidays!
View user profile

on Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:29 pm
So, gentlemen, as a teacher I like to think that my holiday adds to the quality of your working day! It also means I kill less Dolphins.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum