Go down
View user profile

Couldn't Get A Hire Car...

on Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:55 pm
...for love nor money, so wife's friend got her dads car for us as he's away at the beach resort.

Photo coming.

Crix, when did these first hit the scene as I think it's original. Elec front windows, central locking, auto box (with an overdrive, but no idea how it works as I cant see a button).

The tyres are old, the body has a few battle scars, but it's reliable and does about 45mpg or thereabout. I took it to the car was as it looked like it hadn't been washed ever Rolling Eyes

What a difference, a pretty little car under all the muck Cool
View user profile

Re: Couldn't Get A Hire Car...

on Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:58 pm

We went to the Kaunas city beach where we recorded 35°C 🔥💥🌡

Aiden had a ball though...

Sent from Topic'it App
Admin
View user profile

on Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:18 pm
1999 Andoo. Poss 98 in some countries. The MK1 Yaris is a great little car. Came with 1.0 petrol, 1.3 petrol and 1.4 diesel. I think most of the autos were the 1.3.

I feel the MK2 went a bit off the boil...and the current one totally suprised me with how good it is, wasn't expecting it.
View user profile

on Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:22 pm
Mk2 Yaris was epic .... might buy another one ... never went wrong !!!
Admin
View user profile

on Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:46 pm
Not saying they were a bad car, far from it! very good car! I just feel they were trying to keep to the same formula as the mk1...but got bigger and heavier (which is understandable as everything does exactly that)...just not quite as 'good' or original as the Mk1, for me.

Current one looks a bit different inside and out but drives bloody great, tremendous fun IMO.
View user profile

on Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:10 am
Mk1 Yaris T Sport was awesome, absolute go kart
View user profile

on Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:20 am
This one is more of a horses cart with the auto box doing a vey good impression of an asthmatic pensioner going up several stairs while weighed down with shopping.... Laughing

Once moving it's perfectly usable, if a little rattly round the edges, but I think that is thanks to the owner using Screw Fix (or the Lithuanian equivalent Varztas Pataisysi) components to fix it Razz

The wheel trims are a bit shite, held on badly by over long cable ties, resulting in a thwack thwack thwack thwack, which is annoying as hell Mad

We're off on a jaunt today to the countryside for peace & quiet (fat chance with Aiden, his mum, her mum and her mum's mum No It'll be a lesson in yapping at 100mph non stop dawn til fuckiing dusk... Thank goodness for Tomatins finest, Cu Bocan Wink ).

I'll let you know what like when we get back in 3 days as there is no internet, a bit like Haggerston Castle Crix Surprised
Admin
View user profile

on Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:27 am
MegaCrixel wrote:

Current one looks a bit different inside and out but drives bloody great, tremendous fun IMO.

Shocked

not the one i hired, was alright like, but not 'tremendous fun' in any way shape or form
Admin
View user profile

on Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:37 pm
1.33. Tremendous fun.
Admin
View user profile

on Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:44 pm
aah, this was a.....um......i actually think there was a little Japanese bloke under the bonnet with a unicycle
Admin
View user profile

on Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:29 pm
I mean let me....get it into context. I know I can get a little excited by relatively mundane stuff in terms of cars.
OK, the Yaris wasn't like...a sports car. But it was the kind of car where you could work the engine hard and fling it around, it loved it. I tried that with my own (and others) mk1 Yarii and they just collapsed, not remotely sporty at all (excluding the TSport which like Paul said is meant to be pretty good!)
I was expecting little from the current Yaris. ...and it gave lots, so it stuck with me.

That's what I need, you know. The Picasso needs to stay is its the right family car for us at the moment...but the 107 needs to go (good though it is, and fun though it can be....I need something with a bit more oomph and 'chuckability'
View user profile

on Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:35 pm
Well, I was offered the use of a spanking new VW Passat today with all the toys, but I declined. Not "just" because it was a Vee Dub, but because the roads are a bit shite and occupied by utter contemptible useless bastard arseholes who think nothing of sitting RIGHT up your badge making for a worrying time in the midst of the city...

Anyway, took the maziukas (Maj ookas = small) car to the next down for supplies.

The short cut saved five km, but the ruts were nothing short of astoundingly bad. I sent cross 2 vids and am surprised hee hasn't posted them yet 🤔🙄😜😅

Sent from Topic'it App
View user profile

on Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:37 pm
Crix ffs, not cross....although I am slightly 😠

😂

Sent from Topic'it App
Admin
View user profile

on Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:14 pm
Aye, I got the vids. I'll put them on if I can work out how. You are required to send one of your missus! But don't tell her that! I mean it!
View user profile

on Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:30 pm
...should I just do it??
View user profile

on Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:35 pm

Sent from Topic'it App
Admin
View user profile

on Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:08 pm
Thank you. I have been otherwise engaged.
Admin
View user profile

on Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:33 pm
haha, awesome....i have a video of my daughter driving (albiet on my lap) will have to upload it
Admin
View user profile

on Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:34 pm
p.s, i'm currently just outside brussels. driving on the wrong side of the road in a big city is interesting
Admin
View user profile

on Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:45 pm
Hows the vaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyn and by God i hpe you reset your trip meter and can tell me what your mpg is currently??!!!
Admin
View user profile

on Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:55 pm
i'm sticking to the speed limits (france is 85mph on the motoroway, 75 in Belgium) so no MPG saving really.

it was 37c yesterday, so the aircon was in full swing, as was the radiator fan - it really was hot!.

here it is sat resting Very Happy
Admin
View user profile

on Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:14 pm
Ah yes! The SWB model looks much more in proportion than the LWB one Smile

37, hot hot hot.

Me mam was in Majorca the other day, it got to 41 one day!

I think it's 40 in Lithuania according to Andoos Yaris!
View user profile

on Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:20 pm
Decent looking van.

Rather be driving that, over that sheet Mercedes A Class in the corner.
View user profile

on Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:20 pm
So are you on the correct side of the van, but the wrong side of the road? That is a dick for overtaking. Driven around 300Km so far and doing fine. But they are all contemptible bastards who "insist" in sitting 3 inches off your bumper, so I just lift off gently until they get the picture... Then they back off and I get back to the speed limit. But they go far far far too fast for safe distance braking, let alone the way they sit off your hoop. On the way to the hospital today this silly cow had to properly stamp on the brakes for a guy turning left (the equivalent of our turning right) and the screech screech screech of the tortured tyres and ABS kicking in 3 feet to your left was astoundingly loud Shocked Served her right. Serves them all right too fast driving cuunts Evil or Very Mad
View user profile

on Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:23 pm
Warm today

Fun in the mall...

Still fuckiing roasting though 🌡🔥💥

Sent from Topic'it App
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum