Go down
Admin
View user profile

next three weeks....

on Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:58 am
tomorrow morning i set off for 3 weeks away, work unfortunately, not pleasure.

The work is fairly straight forward, survey 26 stores for an upcoming upgrade in hardware....the not so straight forward part is it includes a lot of driving on unfamiliar roads.

The journey starts tomorrow morning from home to le Shittle and after a short trip under the sea....on to Lille to complete the first two surveys. Stay over in Lille before driving to Ghent in Belgium the next morning....followed by Antwerp and then to Brussels for another overnight stay. the next day, another quick job in Brussels then off to Louvain......keeping up?

the next morning drive to Luxumberg, another survey, then on to Metz....then Nancy.....then hotel, sleep etc. Then all the way to Strasbourg to do one more survey and rest up til sunday, when i'll drive to Euro disney for another one. from there, the rest are in Paris - i think i'm going to park up and use the metro as apparently paris driving is less than fun.

then frly home from Paris for 4 days off before heading back to do rouen and aimens before heading back to blighty

SO.....I haven't done much euro driving as we normally fly to our destinations and use Uber or trains to get around, so i'm a little apprehensive about some of the city driving.

i imagine VFC has done a fair bit of euro city stuff.....but anyone else have any tips (apart from don't get caught speeding down big long toll roads and not running over French people etc)
View user profile

Re: next three weeks....

on Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:10 pm
Sounds good - nothing to worry about mate - it’ll be easy .... it’s the parking i’d be worried about - impossible to park in some of these European cities !!!!

I remember literally driving around Florence for hours and hits trying to park one night.

What you driving ?!
Admin
View user profile

on Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:47 pm
my van!

waze normally does a good job of finding car parks near the destination....if not, i'll just park wherever and get a cab, not fussed and not paying for it

View user profile

on Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:00 pm
spot,

belgium...buses have priority...pull out from stops ...YOU avoid THEM...antwerp...i used the CONGRESS HOTEL for 25 years...on plantin et moretuslei just off the E??? antwerp brussels road.

they once asked if i had a good memory for faces...

i think so - WHY?

the bathroom mirror is broken!

819 IS A QUIET ROOM AWAY FROM THE LIFT...PARKING UNDERNEATH THE HOTEL...

VFC

View user profile

on Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:10 pm
Sounds different but a pain in the balls Spot...

Same as you we've always flown and then taxi'd metro'd around whatever city we happen to be in. Good luck!

Shall be flying off to Lanzarote tomorrow for 10 days taking it (reasonably) easy
Admin
View user profile

on Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:32 pm
Please let me know full specs of vayyyyn. I gather it bloody well had air con?!

It must do, surely. Spot must have insisted for scotch egg freshness sake.
Admin
View user profile

on Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:42 pm
vanfancooler wrote:spot,

belgium...buses have priority...pull out from stops ...YOU avoid THEM...antwerp...i used the CONGRESS HOTEL  for 25 years...on plantin et moretuslei just off the E??? antwerp brussels road.

they once asked if i had a good memory for faces...

i think so - WHY?

the bathroom mirror is broken!

819 IS A QUIET ROOM AWAY FROM THE LIFT...PARKING UNDERNEATH THE HOTEL...

VFC

love antwerp, worked there last year and stayed pretty close to the town center (old town)

staying in Brussels that particular leg of the journey though, but thanks for the bus info

Crix, its me work van....17 plate transit connect 1.5tdci thingy, its the top spec one with air con, heated arse warmer, dab, leather steering wheel (it makes a difference!), alloys, cruise etc....lovely vaaaayn
Admin
View user profile

on Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:11 pm
Van sounds decent. Thank you for info....it will come in....handy.

Paul- have a great time! I really want a sun holiday! My mam's just got back from Majorca, it's been 39 most days and was 41 yesterday, crazy.
View user profile

on Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:50 pm
Cheers Crix
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum