Go down
View user profile

ATS this morning

on Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:54 pm
went to have two pirelli cinturato fitted to the front end of the jag...fitter came to waiting roo m for my keys...i asked for month and year of manufacture of tyres...november 2017 and july 2018...ok?

yup - happy with that!

guy with £200 per corner bmw run flat - tells me he never heard anyone asking that...explains why ats told him his rear tyres were dying due to age...he had bought 'old stock' somewhere...

we live and learn every day...........................my old tyres still had nearly 5mm but showingslight cracks on sidewalls...mot said ok for another year...but my only contact with tarmac needs to be as good as it gets....

vfc.
View user profile

Re: ATS this morning

on Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:18 pm
Good work.

I bought little tags so I can rotate my tyres when I change to winters again. On this normal car the tyres don't wear out like crazy like they did on the Agila so I should look after them better.

Bought all the gear a trolley to carry the wheels out, a new jack, 2 better wrench's only used it all once so far. But I will carry on. It's hard work but it's also hard work taking the car to garage to get it done.

View user profile

on Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:23 pm
I’ve never thought to ask when they were made...

I will do now, post of the year VFC
View user profile

on Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:36 pm
paul,

https://www.kwik-fit.com/tyres/information/tyre-age

i thought everone checked this.........................

vfc
View user profile

on Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:41 am
Good call VFC Cool

Told my wife she needs new rear tyres. Argued,said they were new 5 years ago... Rolling Eyes No, they were almost a year old 5 years ago. They are starting to crack and they need replaced.

She drives 1.5 miles to work & home each day, but we sometimes take this car to Glasgow, Edinburgh or Prestwick so it's time they were changed. Got her a good deal from my mate Ian. 80 quid fitted Cool

Georges tyres are two years old, both summer and winter tyres as I got them all at the same time...when I was earning good money. But swapping them March & November I'm getting my moneys worth out them, even though she weighs over two & a half tonnes laden.

The Burgman got a new rear tyre for the MoT test in May and the front was a bit before hand. But the miles I do and the weight of the bike means they don't last long. With the panniers on and 2 up she's close to half a tonne of bike on soft compound tyres so they wear PDQ. I get my moneys worth though as I lean her til she scrapes the side stand, so the rubber wear is even, lol Laughing
View user profile

on Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:09 am
Getting 4 brand new tyres fitted today myself.. and an oil/filter change... if the total cost comes to more than what I paid for the car, does that mean I've written it off? Laughing
Admin
View user profile

on Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:59 am
I trust you get bargain staff prices, FF?
View user profile

on Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:24 am
Maybe slightly cheaper but nothing to write home about unfortunately. Sad
Admin
View user profile

on Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:36 am
Oh well. I suppose any saving is good though.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum